Dr. Timothy Roth Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Roth?

Professional yet personable

Posted on November 24th, 2017

My PSA level spiked for my annual physical last spring (2017). My GP recommended I see Dr. Timothy Roth, a urologist and surgeon. Ultimately, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had a prostatectomy done by Dr. Roth. His approach was conservative yet non-aggressive in exploring and diagnosing the situation. I would characterize his approach and manner as thoughtful, informative, non-pushy for either his personal opinion or even for his services; he is professional yet personable . He set us (my wife and I) up to consult with a radiation oncologist just to help us get that perspective as well as surgery so we could make a fully informed decision regarding cure: surgery vs radiation. We chose surgery by Dr. Roth using the DaVinci Robotic procedure. Within 12 hours of the surgery, I was up and walking the hospital halls. Tylenol was sufficient for pain control after surgery, and then only for a few days; no narcotics. I was home in 2 days and out of the house in 8 days. Surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago now and I've had no infections. "Cancer free" and healing well is my current status. Bladder control is my current challenge. That will take about 3 months to regain. The reason for this is not because of anything the surgeon did or didn't do. The prostate provides a significant restriction to urine flow so the sphincter muscle at the base of the bladder doesn't normally have to do that much work. Now, with the prostate removed, the sphincter muscle has to do the full job of controlling urine flow. Developing that muscle is what takes 3 months. Actually, having endured an enlarged prostate for decades, I am now appreciating having "normal" flow again, an unexpected and welcome upgrade. I wholeheartedly endorse Dr. Roth both as a urological consultant and as a surgeon. He was trained at Mayo Clinic and I would recommend his services to my own family without reservation.

Horrible staff for a great doctor

Posted on December 17th, 2013

I really liked dr Roth but will not be continuing my care with him due to his horrible office staff. They are rude and unhelpful. They don't answer the phone. I waited over an hour just to get into a room at my last appt.

Inside sales and data entry

Posted on December 15th, 2011

Thoughtful and compassionate, polite. His nurse excellent and follows up. excellent in treatment of my prostrate cancer. Robotic surgery! Best decision I made and surgery at 1pm thursday home on friday by 4pm. Had prostrate removed. 30 day recovery time for me. It will vary from person to person. I am cancer free. I cant complain at all. and by the way everyone his office is in Elkhart, Indiana.

Posted on September 28th, 2017