Dr. Tim Samelson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tim Samelson?

An interesting view

Posted on January 7th, 2017

While Dr. Samelson has good patient manners I didn't feel rushed or pressured during the visit I did however get advise that I found to be a bit alarming. I feel my kids are normal I have a 3 year old who to me eats normal kid foods and dislikes veggies right now. I was advised to give her nothing but veggies at every meal and only offer her water till she eats. Was told that after a few days she would eat the veggies. Of course anyone would eat after a few days of nothing but water and not eating. Was also told that time outs were to be in plain boring spaces. I have limited space so we use her bed or a small desk that she sits at. Dr. Samelson informed me that was not timeout and that I needed to take 2 large pieces of furniture and the wall and trap her in a space. When I informed him I don't any such areas like that in my home for safety reasons I was told to lock her in a closet. My daughter is also a bit rebellious and has stranger danger so during the visit she wasn't fully participating. When asked to count for him she refused because she was drinking her juice. I asked her nicely if she could count and she wouldn't so he attempted to take her cup. She fought back and bit down. He forced open her mouth and ripped the cup from her placing it on the exam table stating. Mom wins. Obviously I gave it right back to her While he is friendly and informative his methodology on how to handle a childs behavior for me is just a bit to extreme. I believe in talking through situations and appropriate timeouts where they have to sit quietly and forcing her to eat veggies at age 3 just seems a bit to much. She's 3 and i'm sure will grow into other foods as she gets older and we continue to offer healthy choices to her.

EXcellent doctor

Posted on December 18th, 2016

He is a great doctor, so warm and caring as well as knowledge . He always has time for any questions or concerns.

Excellent doctor

Posted on April 12th, 2016

Dr. Samuelson is an excellent pedestrian. We are new to parenting and we had so many questions. Dr. Samuelson Always answers all our questions and gives plenty of information and details we didn't knew or didn't even think of. He is never in a rush to go the next patients thus spending ample amount of time during our visits. My husband and I are very happy that we chose Dr. Samuelson. I would recommend Dr. Samuelson to everyone...

Posted on June 20th, 2014

He is a wonderful doctor I ever met. My kid likes him and office is very friendly. My kid has autism he used to shout when we take him for check ups but with dr Timothy , he listens to him very well. We are visiting for our newborn now and we like the way He explains about development and cares we need to take. I highly recommend the doctor.

Posted on July 10th, 2013

His office is usually pretty timely. He is wonderful with both of my kids and is very knowledgeable about development and what to expect at their ages. The office manager, Lydia, on the other hand, is not as pleasant and easy to work with. She could be less abrupt and combative with parents.

Posted on March 13th, 2012

The woman that works at his front desk, Lydia is unprofessional and combative. We left his pratice 2yrs ago & I still have not found a doctor that I like as well as Dr. Samelson. If he were to replace Lydia I would return to his pratice in a minute.

Best Dr. I have ever met!!! He is wonderful!!

Posted on October 24th, 2011

He is a wonderful Doctor!!

Exactly what I was looking for

Posted on October 1st, 2009

New to the area and I took the kids to a large practice in the area. Never saw a Dr, only a nurse practioner. I wanted a Dr who knew my family and he is exactly what I was looking for. Awesome with the kids, on their level and they were totally comfortable. Listened to all my concerns. It was our initial visit and he spent an hour or so with us to find out our complete family history. I feel he has the experience as a Dr and parent to understand our needs

Posted on November 2nd, 2017