Dr. Timothy Sapp Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Sapp?

October 12th, 2017

He get's me.

First question he asked me when I sat his office. "How do you sleep?" I responded saying my Dr. of 17 years said "no-one ever died from lack of sleep." I don't know if he enjoys sleep but I am envious of those people that can hit the pillow and be asleep in 3 minutes.

July 12th, 2016

Excellent Psychiatrist

For the first time in my life after 30 yes of working and receiving mental health services Dr T.Sapp is the best Psychiatrist by far .His kind gentle spirit and professionalism is what makes everything their after a reality with a light at the end of a tunnel .I wish I had found him sooner.dont hesitate come see for yourself.

December 11th, 2015

Dr. Sapp is legit

December 27th, 2014

Best Psych Doc. Knows meds, knows me. Doesn't take insurance...no problem. He is well worth the out of pocket.

December 24th, 2014

Great Doctor, Courteous Staff

After reading these reviews I have to wonder who wrote the reviews about Dr. Timothy being an over zealous drug prescriber. They must not have a true psychological chemical imbalance. As far as the job of a psychiatrist goes, they are assuming that you have tried other means of treatment and their job is to now prescribe the best medicine for a life of normalcy. Dr. Timothy was kind and attentive to my needs as a patient. The office fees are normal in comparison to any other psychiatrist office. And as far as the doctors appearance goes, yes, he has tattoos; but that does not hinder his abilities as a trusted doctor nor will it prevent me from referring him to people I know.

June 19th, 2014

Rude Staff, Changing Policies no notice

Dr Sapp has not accepted insurance for over a year now. The office staff has continued to decline. Today I had an appointment and the new biller/receptionist is extremely rude. Not only did I stand at the counter while she continued to text on her phone, she was also texting during our conversation. I did not receive any notice that the fees went up and it was not mentioned when the receptionist called me to confirm my appointment yesterday either. I do not appreciate her saying "well you owe over $1000 that your insurance hasn't paid". This has never been discussed or brought up to me one time. Again, not my fault if his previous staff was not able to do the job correctly. I stayed after after he stopped taking insurance and I did that because I trusted him as my physician. All the receptionist did was point to the credit card machine. I had to physically ask her how much. No hello, how are you - Nothing. She could barely stop texting to answer my questions. Will not go back

May 7th, 2014

Non-judgemental, Understanding Psychiatrist.

I usually don't write reviews but, after reading a few of these, I just had to add my thoughts and experience with Dr. Sapp. First of all, in today's world.... Psychiatrists don't counsel. If they do, you have found the exception. On the other hand, some are afraid to prescribe medication so, I'm not sure which is worse as far as "fraud" goes.... a drug prescriber or a drug prescriber who doesn't prescribe... If this is your first time seeking help from someone in the mental health field,... a psychiatrist is not who you want to see. A psychologist would be much better and hopefully start getting you to see a more positive way to go about getting things out on the table. If you are on much of any psychotropic prescription medicine, ACTUALLY dealing with any issues would be a joke. The other thing that can happen and does frequently, is that you are now dependent on those pills and can't cope with anything without them... Absolutely ridiculous. Yes, Dr. Sapp prescribes drugs... And perhaps a bit too freely for his or his patients good. BUT, as far as a psychiatrist goes, he is caring and will listen. Bottom line? See a psychologist or counselor first. You would be amazed at how much it can help just opening up without being interrupted or feeling as though you are being judged. Go with a clear mind to each appointment because that's the only way you're going to ever change your way of thinking. Do yourself a big favor and stay out of psychiatrists offices. It's just the way the system is today. Psychiatrists prescribe. You need positive counseling for positive change.. If you're doing that and have come to a place in which you understand your mental issues require more, then perhaps seeing Dr. Sapp would be beneficial. Try to be your own advocate. In today's medical field, not doing so can get you in a lot of trouble... No matter what, be sure to have someone who can keep an eye on you while taking your medication. It's really unsafe to be on any controlled substances while alone. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that controlled substances don't require a controlled atmosphere. It makes no sense unless you're making a lot of money from it like oh say, BIG pharma, docs, drug stores, insurance companies and so on.. Dr. Sapp has been a great psychiatrist for me. I didn't expect him to do any more than what most psychiatrists do. He surprised me with his caring, soft spoken nature. But YOU as your own best friend, need to be careful with the meds. It's a dangerous path to say the least. A depressed person and drugs just don't go together... Seriously? Ridiculous!!

January 22nd, 2014

Sucks gives out way too many pills and can't tell an addict when one smacks him in the face seriously nobody needs 180 plus xanax bars a month

December 20th, 2013

Worst Dr. I have ever been to.

This man is totally full of himself. He does not show up for scheduled appts. He doesn't return phone calls. Lastly, he lies under oath. If you can't trust your Dr. with your mental health who can you trust? Look for another Dr.

March 25th, 2013

DISAPPOINTED

I have never been so shocked by the lack of professionalism from a Dr.. I had an appointment with Dr. Sapp for which I took time off from work to attend. I waited 35 minutes and he never showed up. He didn't even call his office. To add insult he has never even called to apologize. The week before I called and left him a message which he never returned. My mental health is obviously more important to me than him. I would also like to add, my time is just as valuable as his.

March 2nd, 2013

Short wait no rushing here

I have been seeing dr. Sapp for a year. He doesnt over book his office so you are setting there an hour. He pays close attention during the appointment and is helpful in suggesting the correct meds to help you. Dont think about seeing him if you are looking for mindless talk therapy about how all your problems end of being your mothers fault. He is attentive values your time and is easy to talk to. His caring style was just what i needed!

October 21st, 2012

After calling about 50 different psychiatric offices given to me by my insurer, this is the only one that was able to book me so soon. The others all had 3 month waiting periods or worse but I was able to get an appointment for the very next day!Very understanding, I was honest about why I came in, asked me some basic questions in a non-judgmental way and seemed very concerned with making sure I could afford the medications and if not, what alternatives would also work. Being affordable appeared to be a big concern for him without me even mentioning my finances and I appreciated that. I've had far worst psychiatrist's who were severely rude and abrupt with me and who refused to listen to any concerns I had with the medications I was on, essentially telling me to suck-it-up, but he is not like that at all.Keep in mind he IS a psychiatrist and so his job is to prescribe you stuff. If you do not want to be prescribed medications(aka 'getting drugged up'), then go see a psychologist.