Internist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Loving and caring doctor show details Loving and caring doctor
by Deepak Jain on Jun 7th, 2016

Fantastic Doctor, I would highly recommend.

by KT on Mar 17th, 2016

Doctor Timothy Sass & his office teams, are so awesome, just like your friends & families!

Refuses to provide care for women's health show details Refuses to provide care for women's health
Feb 8th, 2016

Provider no longer provides contraception to women, abruptly found out when asked for refill six months after physical. Subscribes to outdated beliefs re: frequency of paps (yearly) and doesn't feel the need to care for women/provide paps. Does a disservice to his patients.

Thorough Physical, Found Son's Thyroid Cancer show details Thorough Physical, Found Son's Thyroid Cancer
Jan 28th, 2016

Both my husband & I have been using Dr. Sass for many years. We have found him to be very caring, professional and knowledgeable. Very thorough physical. Last year he saw my son as a new patient and picked up his thyroid cancer on a routine physical! Nice staff as well. Newly renovated office.

Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
by Son in law on Jul 26th, 2015

Sass, told my mother in law that he tested her 18 different ways for cancer and that she had nothing to worry about. He then presented a treatment plan that contributed to her mass in her breast growing 6 CM in just a few months. Stay away from this Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 3rd, 2014

Sass is a nice guy with a funny bedside manner, though he is always in a hurry. He is hard to reach; he doesn't have an email even though the advertisement in the waiting room suggests you contact him by email in case you have a question about your condition, a medication, etc. and he does not return calls. The pharmacy had to wait several days for him to pre-authorize a medication for the insurance, even though he wrote the prescription.

Thorough , attentive doctor show details Thorough , attentive doctor
by Patricia on Sep 30th, 2013

Longterm patient of Dr. Sass as is several of my colleagues. I appreciate his thorough physicals and his caring manner. . Asks me questions and seems genuinely interested. Frequently stresses preventive medicine and lifestyle. Vitamin D advocate. His nurse Jackie is sweet and makes me very comfortable. Convenient Princeton location close to my work. Highly recommend.

Classic family doctor show details Classic family doctor
Sep 19th, 2012

Wish his practice was more tech friendly eg email ot online communication or results. But otherwise he is a classic primary care dic

A conscientious, informed primary care doc respected by peers show details A conscientious, informed primary care doc respected by peers
Jun 20th, 2012

I have been a patient for quite a few years now. Dr. Sass is well informed and keeps up with the literature and research. I like his habit of continuous narration throughout an exam: his running commentary explains the reasons behind different tests and observations he is making. Like most general practitioners, he has a full slate of patients and sometimes can seem rushed. However I have found that if you ask questions, or there are issues to discuss, he will take as much time as necessary. He is well respected in the Princeton community, and I know via mutual friends that he is the personal physician of other docs in the area.

Thorough, Caring Doctor show details Thorough, Caring Doctor
Apr 29th, 2012

Old school, caring doctor. Thorough and actually listens. Recently picked up a thyroid cancer on an acquaintance's physical exam. Likes to tell funny stories. Quaint but caring. Highly recommend.

Doesn't Listen show details Doesn't Listen
Dec 14th, 2011

Doesn't stop talking long enough to find out what's wrong with you. Also late and rushing through appointment.

Avoid show details Avoid
Aug 15th, 2011

In my opinion he has very little respect for what patients think and is even dismissive of views from medical journals like JAMA if they dispute his claims. In my view, it is as if his idea of treatment is like working from a checklist that he can never adjust. If you try to engage him in a dialogue about his claims, he may seem threatened by it and then lecture you. He may then talk about how you are going to die if you don't do exactly what he thinks you should do, and that he is protecting himself legally by telling you this. In my opinion, he is the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of visiting.

Dr. Sass is a fantastic doctor! show details Dr. Sass is a fantastic doctor!
Apr 27th, 2011

I will go to Dr. Sass for every medical concern! Two other doctors could not determine what was wrong with my son. One doctor thought my son had cancer. We went to Dr. Sass for a second opinion. He looked that the lab results and listened thoughtfully to all the symptoms. After asking several questions, he immediately pinpointed what he thought it was. A simple blood test confirmed his diagnosis and he prescribed a treatment for my son.When I talk to Dr. Sass about my health concerns, he is caring and thorough. A few times he made suggestions to improve my health, but I did not follow his advice at first. I have since learned to follow his advice to get myself healthy! I have the utmost confidence in him!

Feb 24th, 2011

What a horrid doctor. He misdiagnosed so badly I almost died. When I went crawling back almost so ill to walk he casually mentioned that his records showed he though I should have been in the hospital two week before. Like a fool I stayed with him. Weeks later I went to him and begged for something to help my total weakness and tiredness. He prescribed allergy medicine. When I realized this I went back to ask for something that had to do with my problem and he refused. I fired him on the spot.

Oct 15th, 2009

I felt that he went the extra mile to inform me as to what he was doing and why. He does seem to be in a hurry but he hit the brakes when we sat down to discuss my medical history.He really wanted to hear what I had to say and asked me repeatedly if I had any questions or if he had missed anything that I wanted to tell him. A Dr. who actually listens...Go figure!

Harry Drum show details Harry Drum
by Harry Drum on Mar 5th, 2009

Has been my doctor for 15 years. My family uses him as well. He is thorough and caring. Not afraid to say when he doesn't know something. Has caught some serious health issues. Would recommend him without question.

Feb 2nd, 2009

My primary care physician for ~10 yrs. Great guy but always seems very rushed, and hurried. Pretty spotty follow up on test results etc.

Dr. Sass is a Top Physician show details Dr. Sass is a Top Physician
Aug 13th, 2008

I and my wife have been patients of Dr. Sass for years now. He is very thorough, professional and helpful. Dr. Sass is very sincere and concerned about his patients - money can't always buy this for oyu. I have found him to be the best doctor I ever had (and I've had some mediocre ones). If you want a doctor who knows what he is doing choose this one. You will be doing your health a big favor.