General Practitioner, Internists

281 Witherspoon St
Ste 220
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-921-3362
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thorough , attentive doctor  |  show details
by Patricia on Sep 30th, 2013

Longterm patient of Dr. Sass as is several of my colleagues. I appreciate his thorough physicals and his caring manner. . Asks me questions and seems genuinely interested. Frequently stresses preventive medicine and lifestyle. Vitamin D advocate. His nurse Jackie is sweet and makes me very comfortable. Convenient Princeton location close to my work. Highly recommend.

|  Classic family doctor  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Wish his practice was more tech friendly eg email ot online communication or results. But otherwise he is a classic primary care dic

|  A conscientious, informed primary care doc respected by peers  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

I have been a patient for quite a few years now. Dr. Sass is well informed and keeps up with the literature and research. I like his habit of continuous narration throughout an exam: his running commentary explains the reasons behind different tests and observations he is making. Like most general practitioners, he has a full slate of patients and sometimes can seem rushed. However I have found that if you ask questions, or there are issues to discuss, he will take as much time as necessary. He is well respected in the Princeton community, and I know via mutual friends that he is the personal physician of other docs in the area.

|  Thorough, Caring Doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

Old school, caring doctor. Thorough and actually listens. Recently picked up a thyroid cancer on an acquaintance's physical exam. Likes to tell funny stories. Quaint but caring. Highly recommend.

|  Doesn't Listen  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

Doesn't stop talking long enough to find out what's wrong with you. Also late and rushing through appointment.

|  Avoid  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

In my opinion he has very little respect for what patients think and is even dismissive of views from medical journals like JAMA if they dispute his claims. In my view, it is as if his idea of treatment is like working from a checklist that he can never adjust. If you try to engage him in a dialogue about his claims, he may seem threatened by it and then lecture you. He may then talk about how you are going to die if you don't do exactly what he thinks you should do, and that he is protecting himself legally by telling you this. In my opinion, he is the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of visiting.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

Dr. Sass has been my Doctor for over 12 years through moves, a divorce and many medical coverages. I wouldn't/couldn't have any other doctor. He is all what is right about Doctors. He is caring, personable, sometimes funny (he thinks he's funny all the time - but - that adds to his charm), and a real person. There is none better!

|  Dr. Sass is a fantastic doctor!  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

I will go to Dr. Sass for every medical concern! Two other doctors could not determine what was wrong with my son. One doctor thought my son had cancer. We went to Dr. Sass for a second opinion. He looked that the lab results and listened thoughtfully to all the symptoms. After asking several questions, he immediately pinpointed what he thought it was. A simple blood test confirmed his diagnosis and he prescribed a treatment for my son.When I talk to Dr. Sass about my health concerns, he is caring and thorough. A few times he made suggestions to improve my health, but I did not follow his advice at first. I have since learned to follow his advice to get myself healthy! I have the utmost confidence in him!

Feb 24th, 2011

What a horrid doctor. He misdiagnosed so badly I almost died. When I went crawling back almost so ill to walk he casually mentioned that his records showed he though I should have been in the hospital two week before. Like a fool I stayed with him. Weeks later I went to him and begged for something to help my total weakness and tiredness. He prescribed allergy medicine. When I realized this I went back to ask for something that had to do with my problem and he refused. I fired him on the spot.

Oct 15th, 2009

I felt that he went the extra mile to inform me as to what he was doing and why. He does seem to be in a hurry but he hit the brakes when we sat down to discuss my medical history.He really wanted to hear what I had to say and asked me repeatedly if I had any questions or if he had missed anything that I wanted to tell him. A Dr. who actually listens...Go figure!

|  Harry Drum  |  show details
by Harry Drum on Mar 5th, 2009

Has been my doctor for 15 years. My family uses him as well. He is thorough and caring. Not afraid to say when he doesn't know something. Has caught some serious health issues. Would recommend him without question.

Feb 2nd, 2009

My primary care physician for ~10 yrs. Great guy but always seems very rushed, and hurried. Pretty spotty follow up on test results etc.

|  Dr. Sass is a Top Physician  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2008

I and my wife have been patients of Dr. Sass for years now. He is very thorough, professional and helpful. Dr. Sass is very sincere and concerned about his patients - money can't always buy this for oyu. I have found him to be the best doctor I ever had (and I've had some mediocre ones). If you want a doctor who knows what he is doing choose this one. You will be doing your health a big favor.