Dr. Timothy Schaat MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 2nd, 2016
Conscientious
I have been a patient of Dr Schaat for about as long as he has been in practice. I have felt a sincere interest in my health, so much so that when he started his own practice, I followed him.

February 19th, 2016
Dr. schaat was amazing he really adjust my needs

February 4th, 2016
At first I thought I had found a great match for myself. But I ran into some problems. 1 He doesn't take insurance. 2 He is not in the office everyday and there is no way to reach him on off days or off hrs. if you have an important concern. 3 If you cancel an appointment even for an emergency you must send in payment for the next appointment before the day of that appointment. And if you cancel twice he just drops you flat even if you need medication refills. 4 He will not consult with you on the phone if you can't get to your appointment. 5 They have no lab access or any equipment for testing ie. X-ray, EKG, etc. and staff (not a nurse) just take your blood pressure on a little home monitor. Working with mental health patients and addiction patients a doctor must be concerned about just dropping you flat without enough medication to give you time to find a new doctor. Dr Shaat is personable and knowledgeable, yet there was always the impression that the money was more important than I was. I was so depressed I could not get myself to my last appt. and he didn't even call to check on what happened to me - but he kept my money anyway. Each appointment is $100 which all goes to him because he does not take ANY insurance.

October 3rd, 2014
Pathetic
This man is pathetic. He does NOT care about his patients. First off, he looks like a hobbit, he talks through his nose, it sounds like he got locked in the groin area to many times in high-school. He will say "ummmmm" every other word, very annoying ! When I told him my issue, he cut me off and went off about something totally off subject. In the end , he prescribed me aspirin, for what turned out to be a hernia !!! Stay away from this crazy elf man !

February 3rd, 2012
caring
Dr Schaat is one of the only drS i have ever met who cares and really shows it. He is an excellent, very caring dr

December 9th, 2011
He is busy for a reason. Patients like me want to see him. He is caring and knowledgeable. Good bedside manner, perceptive and skillfull, willing to listen, actually tries to help where others would not. Worth the wait.

June 24th, 2011
Professional and caring
Very professional and caring. Good bedside manner. Down to earth but very skilled doctor. Very busy practice but will give you whatever time is needed. Recommended

February 2nd, 2017