Dr. Timothy Schacherer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 9th, 2016
Rotator cuff and torn bicep tendons
Bottom line, I was not concerned with bedside manner and staff cuddling. Dr. Schacherer provided excellent surgery for rotator cuff and torn bicep surgery and promptly returned me to the golf course with my golfing buddies.

April 5th, 2016
I had a distal rupture of the biceps tendon from the radius. He performed my surgery and I am 100% back to before the injury. He is down to earth and does amazing work.

February 18th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr Schacherer for many years- since he was in private practice. He has performed several surgeries on my shoulders as well as my hand. I was hesitant to go to him after he went to UTSW due to the comments I have been reading about the facility, staff,etc. However, after going to two other hand specialists about my problem and being completely dissatisfied with both of them, I decided to return to see Dr Schacherer. I have seen him twice and have been pleasantly surprised. I have not had any trouble getting an appointment and the front office staff has been phenomenal. Friendly and efficient. I even arrived 30minutes early to my most recent appointment and they got me back to see Dr Schacherer with only a 5minute wait. I am still concerned about what I will be facing when I schedule surgery, but I will deal with that when the time comes. I have seen a lot of negative comments about Dr Schacherer's sarcasm and bedside manner, but as a longtime patient, I can assure you he does care and he will take the time to explain things to you and answer your questions- but, you must ASK!!! He is a good man and one of the best surgeons around. I can't say enough good things about him!

December 29th, 2015
Superior hand/wrist doctor!
Dr. Schacherer originally reconstructed my lower arm and wrist in 2003 after a severe motorcycle accident that completely shattered my arm and scrambled the bones in my wrist and hand. Less than two years later, he had to reconstruct the tendons and ligaments in the very same arm after a horse bite that caused complete loss of the use of my hand. To this day, I am still working as a legal assistant and can still type 75 wpm. This is a true testimonial of his amazing talent and abilities.

July 10th, 2014
Dr. Schacherer is one of the best hand surgeons in town. I can't think of anyone else I would let cut into me. I have had three surgeries with him, two when he was in private practice and one since he has been at UTSouthwestern. Unfortunately, UTSW has the most uncaring and inefficient staff and administration, which reflects badly on some of the most brilliant doctors around. My last surgery was compromised by the ER staff two days after surgery, by incompetent staff who removed surgery supports and dressing, even after being told they were not to be removed. I went in with a simply question about discoloration on my arm, totally outside of the dressings, and only because the incompetent clinic staff told me no one there would even look at it and tell me if it was something serious or just normal post surgery reaction. It turned out it was just simple blood pooling from keeping it elevated, but the clinic sent me to the ER and the ER doctor wasn't able to diagnose it. A Physician's Assistant did that the next day. Don't judge the doctor by his staff. Unfortunately, UTSW is a State facility and all staff is hired by the administrative bureaucracy and not by the doctors, as they would in private practice. It's a dichotomy, the best supported by the worst. I would not go to UTSW to have anything treated, except for Dr. Schacherer. Always expect a long wait, so call ahead to see how far behind they are before you leave.

February 23rd, 2014
Rude Staff + Long Wait = NOT RECOMMENDED
Dr. Schacherer might be a decent doctor, but that is greatly overshadowed by his long waiting times and extremely rude staff. Overall they are disrespectful of their patient's time. In my opinion if a doctor is running an hour late, his patients should be called. Not only was i told it was an hour delay, it ended up being 2 hours before I was seen and at that point he rushed me through my appointment. His nurse Lisa, is rude and lazy. She was annoyed with me everytime i asked how long it was going to be. She made me feel like I shoudl expect to wait to see the "great" doctor. Apparently i didn't get the memo about waiting and no one should expect a doctor to run this far behind schedule nor should a doctor allow this to happen, unless a serious medical emergency occurred (which is did not). His staff has no bedside manner and has a helpless attitude. They are all lazy at this clinic, even the doctor. In my opinion the entire clinic is pretty unorganized and no one knows whats going on. I submitted several complaints about the wait and not once recieved a "i'm sorry." Instead Dr. Schacherer came into the room and started to crack jokes about being late. How rude. My time is not a joke. Shame on me for waiting that long and thinking i was going to get a quality doctor visit. I will not be returning. They don't care if their patients are unhappy because they treat you like a number and not an individual patient. There are so many better doctors in Dallas that respect their patient's time as well as spend adequate time with their patients. I should have put more value on some of the negative reviews because that appears to be the norm with Dr. Schacherer.

February 23rd, 2014
Rude Staff + Long Wait = NOT RECOMMENDED

February 26th, 2013
Hand and Wrist Surgery
Dr. Schacherer performed surgery on my hand, wrist, and elbow all in the same operation in 2001. I have to say Dr. Schacherer is the most amazing surgeon. Dr. Schacherer had told me exactly what we were in for and what to expect. I am a musician and my hands are very vital to my profession. Dr. Schacherer delivered 1000%. I couldn't be happier! I asked Dr. Schacherer if it would help my playing ability and he replied, "Were you any good before, because if you weren't, you probably won't be any better after." Great Doctor and a Great Person! The man is not only a Brilliant Surgeon, but a Magician as well!

January 12th, 2012
Regret
Rushes you through like cattle! Sarcasm is great, but not when it's coming from someone who is trying to talk you into surgery. Absolutely rude!

April 1st, 2011
Poor Service, Great Talent !
I would say this doctor is greatly talented and capable and experienced.However, unfortunately his practice is setup more like a fast paced assembly line, with the goal to get you in and out of surgery center without much needed time spent on follow ups, educating the patient. Rushing through patients this fast is not what you would expect from the top level specialized healthcare providers. It is disappointing to know we are letting this become the norm.

September 3rd, 2008
al
may be well qualified medically, but takes little time and not much personal interaction. Has sarcastic attitude and is impatient. Rushes and does patient consultations in large "cast'room with other people. Impersonal.