Orthopedic Surgeons

1801 Inwood Rd
Suite 240
Dallas, TX 75235
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  show details
Jul 10th, 2014

Dr. Schacherer is one of the best hand surgeons in town. I can't think of anyone else I would let cut into me. I have had three surgeries with him, two when he was in private practice and one since he has been at UTSouthwestern. Unfortunately, UTSW has the most uncaring and inefficient staff and administration, which reflects badly on some of the most brilliant doctors around. My last surgery was compromised by the ER staff two days after surgery, by incompetent staff who removed surgery supports and dressing, even after being told they were not to be removed. I went in with a simply question about discoloration on my arm, totally outside of the dressings, and only because the incompetent clinic staff told me no one there would even look at it and tell me if it was something serious or just normal post surgery reaction. It turned out it was just simple blood pooling from keeping it elevated, but the clinic sent me to the ER and the ER doctor wasn't able to diagnose it. A Physician's Assistant did that the next day. Don't judge the doctor by his staff. Unfortunately, UTSW is a State facility and all staff is hired by the administrative bureaucracy and not by the doctors, as they would in private practice. It's a dichotomy, the best supported by the worst. I would not go to UTSW to have anything treated, except for Dr. Schacherer. Always expect a long wait, so call ahead to see how far behind they are before you leave.

|  Rude Staff Long Wait = NOT RECOMMENDED  |  show details
by Lynn S. on Feb 23rd, 2014

Dr. Schacherer might be a decent doctor, but that is greatly overshadowed by his long waiting times and extremely rude staff. Overall they are disrespectful of their patient's time. In my opinion if a doctor is running an hour late, his patients should be called. Not only was i told it was an hour delay, it ended up being 2 hours before I was seen and at that point he rushed me through my appointment. His nurse Lisa, is rude and lazy. She was annoyed with me everytime i asked how long it was going to be. She made me feel like I shoudl expect to wait to see the "great" doctor. Apparently i didn't get the memo about waiting and no one should expect a doctor to run this far behind schedule nor should a doctor allow this to happen, unless a serious medical emergency occurred (which is did not). His staff has no bedside manner and has a helpless attitude. They are all lazy at this clinic, even the doctor. In my opinion the entire clinic is pretty unorganized and no one knows whats going on. I submitted several complaints about the wait and not once recieved a "i'm sorry." Instead Dr. Schacherer came into the room and started to crack jokes about being late. How rude. My time is not a joke. Shame on me for waiting that long and thinking i was going to get a quality doctor visit. I will not be returning. They don't care if their patients are unhappy because they treat you like a number and not an individual patient. There are so many better doctors in Dallas that respect their patient's time as well as spend adequate time with their patients. I should have put more value on some of the negative reviews because that appears to be the norm with Dr. Schacherer.

|  Rude Staff Long Wait = NOT RECOMMENDED  |  show details
by Lynn S. on Feb 23rd, 2014

|  Hand and Wrist Surgery  |  show details
by Marshall A. on Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Schacherer performed surgery on my hand, wrist, and elbow all in the same operation in 2001. I have to say Dr. Schacherer is the most amazing surgeon. Dr. Schacherer had told me exactly what we were in for and what to expect. I am a musician and my hands are very vital to my profession. Dr. Schacherer delivered 1000%. I couldn't be happier! I asked Dr. Schacherer if it would help my playing ability and he replied, "Were you any good before, because if you weren't, you probably won't be any better after." Great Doctor and a Great Person! The man is not only a Brilliant Surgeon, but a Magician as well!

|  Regret  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Rushes you through like cattle! Sarcasm is great, but not when it's coming from someone who is trying to talk you into surgery. Absolutely rude!

|  Poor Service, Great Talent !  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

I would say this doctor is greatly talented and capable and experienced.However, unfortunately his practice is setup more like a fast paced assembly line, with the goal to get you in and out of surgery center without much needed time spent on follow ups, educating the patient. Rushing through patients this fast is not what you would expect from the top level specialized healthcare providers. It is disappointing to know we are letting this become the norm.

|  al  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2008

may be well qualified medically, but takes little time and not much personal interaction. Has sarcastic attitude and is impatient. Rushes and does patient consultations in large "cast'room with other people. Impersonal.

|  show details
Jul 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Schacherer is the best doctor and surgeon in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com