Surgeons, Dentist

31100 Telegraph Rd
Ste 100
Bingham Farms, MI 48025
248-642-2115
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  An exceptional oral surgeon!  |  show details
by Bonnie B. on Aug 16th, 2014

Dr. Schmakel and his staff are the best I've ever experienced. They were double booked the morning of my appointment so there was a 30 to 40 minute wait, but even with that time pressure, Dr. Schmakel and his assistant Heather took time to listen to and answer all my questions. They are quick because they are highly skilled and know what they are doing; I truly got a sense of competence and efficiency, and at the same time felt that I was treated with respect and compassion. Dr. Schmakel even called the next day (Sat.) to see how I was doing, and I appreciated the chance to tell him that the numbness in my jaw, face and neck that I'd had for several weeks was completely gone, and that I hadn't even needed to take pain medication after the extraction. Professionalism and courtesy far above the norm, but what I liked best was his positive, upbeat manner!

|  The best  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2013

I have had a lot of Doctors in my time, this is by far one of my favorites. He gives you a sense that not only does he know what he is doing but he actually cares about doing it well. I had a bone graft done by him as well as an augmentation to that site, for teeth implants. Among the surgeries I have had these two were the smoothest in terms of recovery and best for success. Having had two prior failed bone graftings from the University of Michigan I decided it was time to stop wasting money and taking on needless pain. So i switched to Doctor Schmakel at my dentists recommendations and that was one of the best things i could have done short of winning the power ball. Appointments are a breeze and the Doctor and his staff are very trustworthy. His office doesn't take Blue cross directly, meaning you'll have to pay out of pocket, but they will send the information upon request to Blue cross so you can get a reimbursement. My reimbursement took months but going to this Doctor was well worth it. Oh and don't let Vitals profile picture fool you, he is very professional and kind in person. Speaking as a veteran patient, I wish all my doctors were more like Doctor Schmakel.

|  show details
Aug 14th, 2011

Was not impressed! Would not refer anyone to him

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

Fabulous doctor- highly recommend. Dr. Schmakel and his staff made me feel comfortable during my visit.

|  Simply Exceptional  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2010

Dr. Schmakel removed my teenager son's wisdom teeth, and was exceptional in his care and professional. A definite asset to his profession.