Dr. Timothy Schurman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

September 23rd, 2016
Awful - needs to go back to school in my opinion
Went for consult on Hidradenitis Suppurativa & laser & he was so behind the times on the latest treatment and findings out there, it was scary. He looked like he just woke up, no energy, terrible personality. Not willing to listen & he couldn't wait to leave the room, I think I intimidated him with my knowledge. Has no interest in preventing it from getting worse or less invasive treatments like laser, just wants to do surgery. He argued on one of the most basic things about HS saying that this skin condition has nothing to do with the hair follicles and that it is a sweat gland issue, when even the AAD and others state it is primarily a hair follicle issue! ..."HS begins in the hair follicles (where hair grows out of the skin). Like everyday acne, HS forms when the hair follicles clog with bacteria and other substances. It is possible that HS develops in people who have an immune system that overreacts to the plugged hair follicle." --directly from the AAD!

December 31st, 2015
A good Doctor and a good man.
I am not your textbook patient . I bruise easily, It usually take me twice as long to heal because of my body and not the Dr. The Dr. does help me feel like I am his only pt. He was by my side from the get go. Very focus, listens, positive and is always in control of what ever the situation. This will be my 3rd time I will be having Dr. Schurman help me with some problems areas. I was recommended to him by a great friend of mine whom lives in my town about 60 miles a way. Doctors are not God or a magician. We need to be proactive with our own bodies when work has been done. This is a partnership between you and your doc. He does the work and you take care of yourself exactly as he says as your medical partner, The healing will result in what you wanted. However when I say do exactly what he says, I can not stress that enough. A very important lessen I learned the hard way.

May 17th, 2014
Butchered Boobs
Left nothing but pancakes coming out my armpits and cut the tops off and left only a fraction of the nipples and put them so they look inwards.. they look like crosseyes fried eggs. And the law in Iowa says I cant do anything about it because I was still losing weight for 2 years and didnt realize the damage until later. Nice, eh? Not to mention at the time he left stitches in and my wound opened up and bled and would not heal.. did 2nd surgery, same thing. I had stitches growing out of me from both of the botched surgeries. DO NOT USE THIS DR

March 12th, 2013
I have had Dr Schurman do an ear lobe repair, remove several skin lesions, a few of those on the face and neck area and have been very pleased with the very minimal amount of scarring - truly very difficult to detect the scar at all. His staff is outstanding and would gladly recommend Dr Schurman. I did, in fact, have him do my abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck ) and have been very pleased with those results, as well! I was amazed not to even have to take pain medications beyond a day after the surgery. If I require any future cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, I would chose Dr. Schurman as my surgeon.