Dr. Timothy Sharma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 20th, 2014
Dr. Sharma is one of Houston's Best. He really knows what he's doing beside of a lot of other doctor's I've seen. He has his hospital and staff very organized and respectful and provides a place where a patient feels comfortable, and knows 100% that they will be taken care of. One of the things I adore the most is that I have yet to see him not take anyone without insurance nor a home. Cambridge Hospital provides stability and cares for those in need of emergency help. Thumbs up Cambridge Hospital!

November 14th, 2013
Patient referred there
I gave one star on the review, but in reality he doesn't even deserve that. Dr. Sharma seemed ill. His hands were shaking and he was unable to make phone calls or fill out a form even with the help of his Head of Nursing, who dialed the number twice for him, yet he still could not complete the call and kept throwing the phone down on the desk. He was: constantly accusing me of wanting to sue him because I changed my mind about being admitted. This was a voluntary commitment, so I had the right to change my mind. He made several baseless accusations against me and informed me he had been in psychiatry so long he could tell everything about me just by looking at me. He said several times, "I know your kind." I was so lucky to have my husband with me to witness this behavior and get me away from there. They kept me until after 9:00 pm, then I overheard one of the staff talking to him, telling him they had enough hours to bill me for one day, though I lay on a worn out sofa in the lock up lobby the entire time. I was not admitted and I was not allowed to leave, from approximately 1:00pm until 9:00pm even though they had the court's answer for hours before they finally let me go. This entire experience felt like a prison, not a hospital and Dr. Sharma was not able to converse rationally. He changed his mind so many times regarding my ability to leave, it just didn't make any sense. I would not advise anyone to enter Camden Hospital because he is the Director. This man needs help and is either sick or totally out of his element. He should never talk to ill patients in this condition. He was totally irrational and even whined that he wasn't making any money by trying to talk me into staying. Then still refused to let me go and requested a Court Warrant, which was rejected by the Judge, thank goodness I was never clear on what he wanted to do, kick me out or make me stay. Honestly, I do not think he knew either. He seemed extremely upset and disjointed. I am glad I was able to keep my own wits about me because he certainly could not.

August 4th, 2013
dementia
Sharma was good in his day but has obviously slipped into dementia. Forgets things and has not kept up with today's standards. Living in the past. Hospital staff will find him roaming the halls aimlessly one day.

August 31st, 2010
dr. sharma and his late wife,are two of the kindest and gentle people i know . i was a patient of theirs for years