Dr. Timothy Shaver MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Wichita, KS

3.8

August 23rd, 2016
ARCK
I have been going to ARCK for about two years and I think I have only seen Dr. Shaver two time the rest of the time it has been on of his practitioners he put me on Humira which has help some, but the deal that broke the camels back I missed a appt. to have TB test done and was not schedule to see a doctor this something you walk in to the clinic an aid sticks you with a needle and tells you to come back in two days so they can look at it to make sure you don't have TB but since I missed the appt. they billed me $50 for a no show fee, So I am done with ARCK and doctor Shaver I gave them a 2 and it should have been a 1

April 16th, 2015
Go to ARCK If you want to aggravate your RA symptoms
As the reviewer below says, I never see this doctor at all for the time that they said I am treated by Dr. Shaver. They sent a nurse practitioner to me and do nothing other than commenting on the type of shoes I wore. ARCK need staff and doctors with the attitudes that patients pay them to be treated, not another way around. They ignored me for the entire two years that I was with them; when I was in pain they ignored my calls. They never renew the prescriptions and let me out there without medicine. They are not organized; so they forget blood test orders and blame patient that we don't do the blood test; and so, they can't refill the prescription?? When I was in pain, I called them for an extra appointment for steroid shots and they reply shortly that it 'll not help me after 3 days of request?? They don't let me do the blood test, x'ray or anything in their office even though they have the facilities. I felt discriminated; may be I am not in the rich neighborhood like them; that was my perception/impression. They have a policy that if you are late, you will not be able to meet the doctor that day, but when we were there on time, we had to wait for 2 hours for privilege doctors to meet us. I don't know if this is a small town attitude or because they monopolize the services here as number of RA doctors are limited in this small town. Bottom line: if you want the most undignified care for your sickness that you can't control and can't help yourself and want to get aggravated quickly, choose this doctor and ARCK.

October 28th, 2014
Nope!
I only saw him maybe twice the whole time he was treating me. The rest of my appointments were with his stupid students. He misdiagnosed me with Lupus for 6 months then said "oh, no, I never said that, you have mixed connective tissue disease" um, ok then why did you put me on medications for Lupus if that's not what you originally said? It was a nightmare to get an appointment and he really doesn't care about his patients.

October 26th, 2012
Awesome!
I had been seeing a doctor in a different city for about 2 years until my husband decided to find someone who might actually be able to help me. A friend of ours suggested Dr. Shaver and I have been extremely impressed. He knew immediately that I had SLE and in no time at all had me doing infusions that have been like a miracle. I had been extremely sick, losing weight, not being able to eat, put in the hospital and no one could figure it out. Dr. Shaver has been a God Send!

August 14th, 2012
Excellent Specialist
Dr. Shaver is a different type of specialist. He is one who cares about how I am doing between visits and makes sure to answer my questions thoughtfully and thoroughly.

March 12th, 2012
Very thorough in assessment and explained well diagnosis.