Dr. Timothy Shepherd MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Lewisville, TX

3.4

March 28th, 2017
No one answers the phone
Called the office today, and after about 20 rings someone finally picked up only to be put back on hold for another 10 minutes. This is not how you run a doctors office...I will be finding another doctor that's for sure!!

January 25th, 2017
No thanks
Came into the office and sadly was not warmly greeted by anyone, the girl on the phone just put her finger in the air and did not even pick up her head to look at me. I then was put in a room and waited for about 45 minutes before anyone even came in to see me. My visit was extremely short, and I also got a free sermon about God saving my soul. I felt like it was a bunch of rude people who honestly did not know what they were doing. I will not be back

December 27th, 2016
Amazing Providers
I never feel rushed and they really listen to my concerns

December 22nd, 2016
Happy a patient here
I previously came from an offic where I would wait 45 min in waiting room then 45 in room. I never complained because I knew they had others to care for. I left due to a move and was referred to Shepherd healthcare office. One thing I loved was the smiling staff when I came in. I had a lot of first timers questions and she answered my questions. When I got in my room it was a matter of 10 minutes and a nice woman,Hero, came in. She explained they all work together for patient care and The doctor was in a room tied up and asked if she could help take care of me today. I loved this. I love how they work together for me, the patient, for my care and health. She ended up bringing him in towards the end of my appointment so I could meet him and go over a few things about my health. It's amazing to see an office work together like this to take care of my health. I let the little girl at the desk know how pleased I was. She let me know how close all the providers work together. They are all their patients not just one person. I know the relief for me knowing I won't have to always try and explain myself, I have a office as a whole in it for my well being. I would think everyone would appreciate this. I never gripe about waiting because that just shows they take their time and answer concerns. Well done Dr. Shepherd.

December 15th, 2016
Former patient
Interesting office here, went in for weight loss, left feeling like I was at a church sermon, Don't really think it is appropriate for a doctor to preach about God to his patient

October 26th, 2016
It's Ok
Patient for the past 10 years, and I have seen several different faces come and go throughout my time as a patient. I will say this, although I think Dr. Shepherd is a great doctor, I don't think his office staff is as great. There have been several changes in management as well as staff, and personally the last change seems to be with very rude office staff.

September 17th, 2016
Love this office
I have to say I finally found a doctors office I love. I have a thing about waiting on a doctor. If you are getting in quick, then they aren't truly listening to you. If I wait an hour, that's okay. Cause I would hope the doctor would not just push me out of a room and take his time listening to me. I really wish others understood that. Hospitals are they same way. I love how no matter who I see I will be taken care of. I like how they all work well together and with the Doctor that they all understand the care you are needing. I was having bad back and hip pain, for five years on pain medication, they pushed me to go to pain management. At first I was skeptical, but it paid off. After two months, I was pain medication free: If they were in it for just the money he would have keep seeing me and not pushed me to get this looked at. I get it now, he made me healthy and that I don't need them. I wish others could see that that take The office is fantastic, all of them. Thanks Dr shepherd and team

August 4th, 2016
Been seeing Doctor Shepherd for over four years now....love him, love the staff.....if you have to see a doctor...he's one of the best to see. Never had any significant problems, always prompt and helpful. I appreciate the time that Dr Shepherd and any of his staff spend with me...they try to answer any questions I have and never try to rush me out the door.

June 9th, 2016
Horiable wait times, very rude, uneducated nurses, must be under new management... Bad choice

June 1st, 2016
I actually see his Nurse Practitioner, Lindsey and I absolutely love her. She treats you as a friend and puts you at ease. Also, being a heavier patient, not once have I ever been put to shame for my weight or bullied about it at this office.

May 29th, 2016
Thankful
I have read some of these reviews, and I have to agree with a lot of it. There has been a massive change in this office. I will say there is one thing that has not changed and I am thankful for. When I walk in the door and I see the little blonde girl at the front desk. She is always smiling and very helpful. I have called in multiple times and been treated like I am not worth the time. But When I go in this girl is very on top of her game, and solves my issues so quickly. If it was not for her I would lose all my faith in that office. Most nurses there are very unknowlegeable, and seem like they could care less and lazy. Although the last two that helped me were amazing. Nick, I believe is his name is very smart and a long blonde hair nurse. They need to teach the other nurses how to be. I wish I could remember the girl that runs the front desk name, I know it's a unique name. But her managers need to give her a raise and make sure they keep her. I see her play many roles and without her they may definitely lose a lot of the patients. I told her last time she was in she better not go anywhere. Also I overheard a patient in the waiting room talking about how the doctors wife just walked in her room and told the dr he needed to leave to go pick up a car. I don't care if she is his wife, she better not just walk in when I am being treated. I will have some words and regarding my privacy rights I told her she should seek a lawyer.

May 23rd, 2016
Something sure has changed here, you can feel it the second you walk into the office. There was a lady with blonde curly hair walking around in the office like she was lost, Dr. SHepherd seemed like his mind was somewhere else, nurses were rude, horrible wait times, very unfriendly office staff, I don't think I will be going back here,