A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Timothy Shope:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Timothy Shope is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Timothy Shope, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shope graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shope has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Washington Hospital Center
- Childrens Hosp Of Pittsburgh Of Upmc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shope accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- CareFirst - 3 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Timothy R. Shope practice?
Dr. Timothy Shope practices Surgery near Washington, DC.
Additional practice locations include: Hershey, PA and Pittsburgh, PA.
See Washington Surgeons.