Dr. Timothy Spurrell MD Patient Reviews

September 17th, 2012
Great doctor

August 27th, 2012
Surprised
I find it unusual to see all of these other comments from mothers who had their children delivered by this doctor as I thought he was only a doctor who performed abortions. He performed my abortion procedure last year in Massachusetts and joked around with me the whole time which I found very inappropriate and also informed me that his wife is a psychologist who specializes in couples who are dealing with infertility. I remember thinking at the time how opposite their careers were. One spouse terminates pregnancies and the other gives couples hope about trying to conceive. Having an abortion is not an easy thing to go through and haunts you afterwards. Dr. Spurrell did not make the procedure easy and seemed to make light of the whole procedure. Overall, I would not recommend him to expectant mothers who want him to deliver their child. Why would you want someone to deliver your child who also performs abortions? Just something to think about.

September 26th, 2011
Highly recommend! Great bedside manor. He delivered my 3 babies :)

November 23rd, 2010
Hi office staff is horrid. I had an appt card shwoing a specific date and time, and when I showed up they tried to tell me I didn't have an appointment and tried to make me come back 2 days later...when I refused (because I had to take time off work0 they said they will squeeze me in...I waited an hour!They constantly call to change my appt time or day.

September 3rd, 2008
Nice guy but too busy
Dr. Spurrell was nice but always in a hurry. I was extremely depressed after the birth of my baby and he never seemed to take the time to help me.

August 6th, 2008
Is this the same Dr. Spurrell?
He delivered my last 2 of 3 children. Apparently my body does not like to be pregnant...I had severe Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia, my platelet count at one point was 22,000.(it is supposed to be somewhere near 400,000) I was hospitalized a number of times for extensive testing. I had a history of preeclampsia, my 1st child was born by emergency c-section. My 2nd, a daughter, was not a full blown emergency section, but it had to be done relatively soon.(we were losing amniotic fluid-no leaks, probable reabsorbtion.)she was 4 lbs 2 oz @ aprox. 35 wks. My 3rd child, another boy, My platelets were low, my bp was iffy, my pregnancy histories were full of unexplicable,or idiopathic problems... This little guy was 5 lbs 10 oz, @ aprox 36 weeks. Let me tell you, I put Dr. Spurrell through the ringer. My charts at the "Caring for Women" office were as thick as a phone book. Dr. Spurrell was very knowledgeable, he kept me very well informed as to my many lab results. I even had his pager# if I really needed to contact him. He has a great sence of humor, and we enjoyed swapping 'kid stories', as he had 4 of his own. He always had time during check up apt.s to literally sit back and find out what had happened-or not- since my last visit. I have recommended him to many people who were looking for an OBGYN including my own grandmother.