Dr. Timothy Steege MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 9th, 2016
Patient Extroidanaire
To the Point. Reassuring. Confidence commanding. Warm. From Good to Bad, No Bull and NO salesmanship.

July 18th, 2016
Doesn't care for his patients
I had surgery with Timothy Stege four years ago and I have been in pain ever day. My two week follow up he said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't he gave me nothing to hope for and nothing to do his bedside manner was terrible. Find another doctor that can help you. Also Swedish hospital took three tries to get the IV In and it popped out in the middle of the night and I had blood all over myself. He did cervical spine fusion and saw me once in the hospital for about two minutes.

December 13th, 2015
Would highly recommend this surgeon

September 11th, 2015
Terrible experience
I visited Dr. Steege recently because I felt he did a great job several years ago when I had to have a discectomy done. Unfortunately this time around I had a very poor experience with Dr. Steege. I went in with similar symptoms that I had when diagnosed with needing a discectomy. He ordered an MRI and Xrays . Several days and a weekend passed without hearing from anyone during which time I was experiencing extreme pain in my left arm. After calling several times, Dr. Steege finally returned my call to tell me nothing showed up on the MRI and that there was nothing he could do. He then referred me to my Primary Care doctor and another MD who was booked several weeks out. I finally had to go to urgent care for the pain and was then referred to someone at Evergreen. The Dr. there was able to identify the problem immediately and showed me on the MRI what the issue was. I was then referred to get a steroid injection which has completely eased the pain. I also saw a report Dr. Steege had written regarding my case. Not only did the report reflect the wrong diagnosis, but parts of it were simply inaccurate and untrue. On top of that, the report had a judgmental quality to it, stating things that had nothing to do with my symptoms or why I was seeing him. Statements like "...he appeared outwardly to be in no distress" were ludicrous. Aside from crying, I don't know what else I could have done to "show" that I was in extreme pain. I was shocked at his lack of empathy, unavailability, and curtness. I plan on following up with a letter to Swedish summarizing my experience with Dr. Steege and, unfortunately will never trust him enough to see him again.

April 8th, 2015
Not a good fit for Chiari Malformation.
Unfortunately Timothy Steege did not seem interested in looking at the whole patient. He looked at the mri, gave his opinion, didn't appear to listen or have an interest in my symptoms in general and told me to go back to my gp which I will be doing. He didn't give me a neurological exam which I thought would be part of our visit. His measurements of the mri didn't correspond with the literature that is currently available and written in, part by Richard Ellenbogen, UWMC, neurosurgeon who specializes in this field. I recommend going straight to the specialist. That is my next step. I am sure Timothy Steege is a good fit for other people with other problems.

March 1st, 2015
Blue ribbon Person - Doctor - Surgeon. Someone has to be the best - Doctor Steege is that Person.

March 27th, 2014
I came upon this as I was referring a friend to Dr. Steege who is having horrible back pain and getting nowhere with his current doctor. I had Dr. Steege do my lower back disk surgery 11 1/2 years ago and after being in crippling pain before I woke up with none. He gave me prescriptions after surgery for roughly 100 low dose pain pills and I never needed nor used even one. I am writing this as the first couple reviews I read shocked me as they were not my experience. He helped me immensely!

March 6th, 2013
none compassion, failed surgery, no answers
very long wait in not so clean office down town Seattle. After surgery the pain was still there and he couldn't give answers or steps forward of what to do. He spent very little time after surgery with me. I feel he just wanted to do the surgery for the money so he spend time before surgery to convince me I needed surgery then afterwards not more then one, one minute visit in hospital. Just to let me go home. Two weeks later for follow up visit it was again very short and no answer why surgery failed and I was still in pain. Now 6 months later I am writing this in pain only typing with one hand. After cervical disk surgery. My recommendation find another dr.

November 28th, 2011
Dr Steege is a GREAT surgeon
Dr. Steege saved my life. After being diagnosed 7 plus years ago with a brain cancer tumor, I was fortunate to have Dr Steege as my surgeon. After the surgery, we sent my scans to Duke for them to read and suggest a treatment protocal. One of their top doctors said that Dr Steege had done an incredible surgery on my brain tumor. I highly recommend him.

November 23rd, 2011
Review
Dr. Steege is a very nice man, and I believe overall he is good at his craft, but after my surgery in May, I developed more problems with my back and subsequently my neck. Dr. Steege has displayed an attitude with me, which throws nothing but red flags up for me. He has basically dismissed me and has offered no help whatsoever with my care. It is quite evident that I am suffering terribly and as far as he is concerned, I guess he feels like he did nothing wrong and does not feel like helping me anymore. I mean he has showed little interest in helping me at all. Everything is unexplainable with him. Scans have been read by rads, other doctors etc.... and he never sees the problems that everyone sees. I think he just doesn't want to deal or help me anymore. I feel like he got his big money for doing surgery on me, and now I am not his problem anymore because he doesn't make mistakes or anything. That is what he conveys during my very expensive visits with him that have lasted maybe 8 minutes if I am lucky. I will never return or call this physician again. I am very disappointed by the way he has treated me. Very, very disappointed with him.

October 25th, 2010
He is the Absolute best in Seattle
He has been our daughters Dr since she was born a preemie. I refuse to let anyone else touch her. She fell ill one Friday he wasn't in town. Once he got in he called ON A SUNDAY to check on her and took care of her. I could relocate to Florida tomorrow. IF it happened again I would take the flight. That's how important it is for her to see only him.

April 1st, 2010
Ms. Larsen
Very professional and caring experience with the entire staff, including surgery day.