A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Timothy Taft:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Timothy Taft is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Timothy Taft, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Taft graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Taft has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Taft accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan