Dr. Timothy Tierney MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Melrose, MA

2.5

May 2nd, 2016
Avoid this Guy.
You don't wait in the waiting area long, You wait in the Exam room up to an Hour before he'll waltz in.-His Guess work on your sickness is based on whether or not he has a Pill that can Fix it.- I ended up with a Superbug, and Tendon damage from an over prescription of Antibiotics ,when In fact I needed Surgery all along. He's Affiliated with MelWak Hosp. Which is just level with the local Veterinarian clinic as far as Credibility is concerned. In the course of 3 years I've met 6 People with tales of credible misfortune who have left this Guy. -He hands you off to his Nurse every time, you never get to see him, and if you do its for 6 minutes.-He'd make a better career as a politician in an Empty suit.

May 21st, 2014
Good Doctor
Doesn't treat his patients like they're idiots. Explains his medical opinion, gives advice, and prescribes treatments in a manor that is informative, conversational, yet NOT condescending. I like him.

May 30th, 2011
I have been a patient for a few years, coming from another doctor who had a terrible office staff and an hour wait to see the doctor. I am very satisfied with Dr. Tierney's office. I don't expect a doctor to know everything and appreciate being referred to a specialist when a doctor can't pinpoint a cause of a complaint. A specialist knows what to look for and usually finds the solution to a complaint or symptom. Dr. Tierney coordinates my medical care with any other doctor I have to see. I get called back within a reasonable amount of time or get an email back if I email them. I am very happy with Dr. Tierney and his practice.

January 9th, 2011
DO NOT USE THIS SKITSO.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I WAS REFFERED TO DR TIERNEY TO HANDLE MY PAIN. THE GUY WAS UNPROFESIONAL AS THEY COME. I HAVE HAD PAIN FOR MANY YEARS AND THE LAS THING YOU WANT TO HEAR IS THE PAIN IS IN YOUR HEAD. I DONT WANT TO BE FEEDING AN ADDICTION. THE GUY IS JUST A WASTE OF MEDICAL EXPERTISE. HE IS A STRANGE PERSON ON TOP OF IT ALL. I HAVE TALKED TO OTHERS AND THEY SAY THE SAME. HE HAS NO SENSITIVETY ANYBODY'S PROBLEMS AND IT IS HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. THANK YOU.

September 17th, 2010
Brings comfort to know I am not alone.
I could possible overlook a lack of bedside manner if I trusted the doctor to take me seriously and figure out what was wrong. Unless you have a condition that is obvious enough (in which case you don't even have to be a doctor to figure out), I'd steer clear.Some of the office staff are atrocious human beings who need to learn how to treat people as they would want to be treated. Maybe they themselves want to be treated like a piece of dirt? Give respect = get respect.

June 2nd, 2010
Good doctor, awful staff
Let me say that I have always been happy with the care I have gotten from Dr. Tierney and Tom Salines. I've been a patient for 8 years. However, the office has gone seriously downhill, and I am finding a new doctor. I've had trouble getting appointments, when I do get an appointment I am kept waiting for an hour, the office staff has been downright rude, and the final straw was calling today to get an appointment, going through a phone tree, leaving a message, and never getting a return call. I'm done. The office was at its best in the dumpy old office in Malden - things have been sliding ever since they moved to Melrose, and the fancier the waiting area gets, the worse the service gets.

April 30th, 2010
Patient for 5 years and left...
I have been a pt here for 5 years. It is very convenient for me because I live down the Street.The Doctor and the new Nurses are very Nice compare from the last nurses they'd had but the Secretaries are awful.I left due to bad customers service.The FAT woman I think she's the Manager is very rude. She walks around with a bagel in her mouth and talk to the secretaries forever. Even though you are behind her to pay copay she wont leave.She also talks about how one of the Doctor there is not a good one. I mean why wont you even say that where people can hear you? Say bad things about you own Office. I called to make an appt and no one ever ever ever answers the phone. When I finally get there and the people answers the phone keeps on yapping and yapping. The Nurses are awesome better the last Nurse they had. Specially that other Nurse before with tattoos and Piercing all over her. The Vietnamese Nurse is the sweetest and very polite, Maybe something to do with culture but She's probably the best Nurse they'd ever had. She just need to practice drawing blood more. I think the Doctor just need to be very weary of the people that manages that place.

April 20th, 2010
Office staff is horrible
The secretary and office manager are the worst i have encounteed and should not be dealing with the public especially in a healthcare environmnet. I wish i could give them a negative rating becasue i feel that strongly about it.

September 28th, 2009
HORRIBLE office staff
I called with a fairly urgent problem, and could not get an appointment for a day and a half. I called because I got stuck in traffic on my way to the appointment, and the receptionist just hung up on me. When I arrived, only a few minutes late, I signed in on the clipboard (per the sign on the desk) and sat down. The receptionist then helped three people who came in after me, which then caused me to go back up and attempt to check in with her. I then waited for over an hour, when finally one of the other patients told the nurse that I had been there longer and that I ought to get helped. She asked what time my appointment was, and blamed the problem on the computers. I was then brought back to an exam room, where I heard the nurse and the doctor carrying on an extended conversation about Dunkin Donuts coffee while I (and presumably other patients) were waiting to be seen. I've always been happy with the care I've gotten from Dr. Tierney and Tom, but this experience was enough to make me start shopping for a new doctor. The office staff has never been great, but they have gone steadily downhill in the 10 years or so that I have been a patient.

August 25th, 2009
Patient for over 12 years
I have been a patient for over 12 years with Dr Tierney, I have encountered very few problems. Medical offices as well as any other business goes through staff on occasion. Sometimes it takes time to find the right people. Most of the girls in Dr Tierney's office have always been helpful, some go above and beyond. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Always feel welcomed and better when I leave.

September 10th, 2008
Great Doctors - terrible office staff
The doctor's in this practice are wonderful. The office staff is probably the worst I've encountered. They are outright rude, not helpful and never call back. Additionally, the prescription refill process is terrible. They do not respond to Fax requests for refills from Pharmacy's wasting everyone's valuable time. Too bad, because the doctor's in the practice are terrific, but the poor service in the office must certainly be turning people away.