Dr. Timothy Tolan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 16th, 2016
Misdiagnosed TWICE
Just a horrible Doctor. He misdiagnosed me TWICE! Thank goodness I got a second opinion and didn't have surgery like he recommended. He was wrong about everything he ever told me. Do NOT see this doctor.

January 21st, 2016
patient
I have seen this doctor twice and he was never really helpful. His staff is even worse. His scheduling person , Monica never returns a call, always on voice mail and they do not even have the courtesy to follow up after procedures. I suggest he retire and take Monica with him.

August 27th, 2014
Left Standing In The Waiting Room For An Hour
Very disappointed that the 3 times I made my appointments on time, I was not seen for an hour after my arrival. The waiting room is congested and the provided seating 20 seats left me with standing room only. Nothing quite like suffering from vertigo and leaning against a wall for 58 minutes. Ridiculous and uncaring.

March 12th, 2014
Sinus Surgery
I went to the same doctor for years with sinus infections, , and all He used to prescribed me ; antibiotics, for years, I ask why I can have a referral for a specialist, He never did, I switch Primary doctor, and as soon I went to see her, she give me the referral, Happen that I choose Dr. Tolan, make an appointment and he said right away; your sinus is very bad. we talk about and I went for surgery. Now I'm very happy, surgery was great, I feel free from pain, and infections, no more pain in my ears, in my face etc, etc. Thank you Dr. Tolan. You did a great job.

July 9th, 2012
Went to him for swollen lymph nodes. Primary doc sent me to him for biopsy. Dtr. Tolan took one look at me and said that they were swelled up from my weight, yeah right being fat causes enlarged painful lymph nodes. He said there was nothing he could do then when we questioned it he then tried to blame medications that Id been on for over 3 years. If he read my chart he would have seen that I have numerous med problems that caused weight gain a few years ago. He was very condescending and rude.

June 17th, 2012
I had Dr Tolan do a thyroidectomy after many positve referrals to him. I waited nearly five hours in preop when as he was running late. After 2 follow up appts I asked to see my biopsy pathology reports..he came in and said It looks like cancer....came out and nver came back in. Had his nurse handle the rest of it while he went in to see another patient.

February 15th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Tolan for over 20 yrs. & he has always been professional & caring. He is a great Dr. in my book.

January 23rd, 2012
Would never go back to Dr. Tolan
Dr. Tolan is very unfriendly. I went to him for severe nose bleeding. He suddenly started applying acid (Silver Nitrate) without much warning which to the inner nose is EXTREMELY painful and held it for a long time. No numbing or topical anesthesia. He was all business like he didn't want to be there. A student doctor was slightly in his way and he was very rude to them. The student doctor isn't psychic and know you are planning on changing position in that little room. I hated how condescending his attitude was towards the student doctor. If he treats other doctors like that, just think what his opinion of patients must be.

December 29th, 2011
Dr. Tolan saved my life!
I saw him for a sore under my tongue. Within two weeks he had done a biopsy which came back positive for cancer...performed surgery and I was on the road to recovery.He rebuilt my tongue, did an excellent job with my radical neck and I am over a year cancer free.I have total confidence in Dr.Tolan and his wonderful staff. I am so grateful to him and his training. His attitude is one of caring, compassion.

November 2nd, 2011
WORST OFFICE STAFF EVER
Dr Tolan could be a good Dr, Allthough it is impossable to get a call back from his INCOMPETENT and UNCARING OFFICE STAFF. He would be wise get a better look at what they are costing him. I waited for two days for a call back and still no responce! IF YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT TO YOU DONT WAIT OR RELY ON A CALL BACK FROM HIS OFFICE!

October 11th, 2011
Great doctor
I really liked this doc, great bedside manner, fast and efficient staff. I would definately recommend him to my friends.

July 14th, 2011
Go away
Aside from the a always cattle-call waiting room, the doctor did my sinus surgery. I was totally better off before. he kept trying to blame me for not healing well, but I had pain and drainage after his surgery like never before. I saw another doc who fixed it, but it took another surgery a year later. What a bad expereince. Do not go here.