Family Physicians

1050 Gail Gardner Way
Ste 300
Prescott, AZ 86305
928-717-5232
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Childish  |  show details
May 19th, 2014

I have seen many doctors for many diagnosis over my years. Recently moved here. My introduction to Dr. Urell was unsettling. It is my opinion that he is the least effective doctor i have seen. When i asked if i required a referral with my PPO insurance plan, he said "what's a PPO?" He talked a great deal about himself while leaning back casually against the wall. He listened half-heartedly and forgot what i told him later in the appointment. He appeared to have little knowledge in some areas which surprised me a great deal. Although he was generous with his time, it was certainly unproductive time. I found him to be a cog in the medical system, not someone i would trust with a medical concern. I was trying to title this review and i came to the conclusion that "childish" fit my assessment of him, his bragging, personal disclosures, name dropping, bashing the insurance system (which may need bashing, but not during my appointment) My husband, who was with me, held the same opinion of him. I do have to add, however, that i found the office staff to be very efficient and friendly.

|  A more current doc!  |  show details
by Lynette G. on May 7th, 2013

I understand Dr. Urell completed training with Az Center for Integrative Medicine (Tucson). You might ask, --What is integrative medicine?--(AzCIM defines integrative medicine as healing-oriented medicine that considers the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence and makes use of all appropriate therapies.) Now THAT is the kind of doctor we ALL need. Thank you Dr. Urell for striving to go beyond run-of-the-mill medicine that I personally see as becoming inadequate.

|  Seem to be knowledgable  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

Our visit was pleasant and he spoke like he knew what he was talking about. Yet it is to early for any comments.

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
by Aprile Huigens on Jul 29th, 2010

Pain in left leg. DR decided it was a disk. I refused an MRI. Prescribed Diclofenac (anti-inflamatory). I have a history of stomach/colon issues. This prescription caused rectal bleeding. Turns out ( after seeing 4 different Doctors) I had shingles, nothing they could do for me as it was beyond 72 hours. Dr. Urell had seen me during that 72 hour timeframe. Living with extreme pain, nausea, dizziness, etc.