Dr. Timothy Urell DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Prescott, AZ

3.3

June 7th, 2016
Outstanding doctor and a rare breed
Dr. Urell is tremendous! If only there were more like him in the medical profession, we can only hope!

February 9th, 2016
Great Doctor with Skill and Wonderful sense of Humor
Some may not care for Dr. Urell, but I like him and he puts me very much at ease with his skills and sense of humor. Nothing can make us young again but Dr. Urelll does his best to make me comfortable and speaks directly to me - eye to eye with total respect! I recommend him to lots of people who want a skilled Doctor with compassion....and of course a sense of humor...Blessing to call him my Doctor!

November 17th, 2015
Good doctor
I have continued with Dr. Urell for 6 years , even though I don't live in his geographic practice area. I like his natural approach to treatment & avoidance of unnecessary drugs. He is a very solid physician. I am glad to have found him.

May 19th, 2014
Childish
I have seen many doctors for many diagnosis over my years. Recently moved here. My introduction to Dr. Urell was unsettling. It is my opinion that he is the least effective doctor i have seen. When i asked if i required a referral with my PPO insurance plan, he said "what's a PPO?" He talked a great deal about himself while leaning back casually against the wall. He listened half-heartedly and forgot what i told him later in the appointment. He appeared to have little knowledge in some areas which surprised me a great deal. Although he was generous with his time, it was certainly unproductive time. I found him to be a cog in the medical system, not someone i would trust with a medical concern. I was trying to title this review and i came to the conclusion that "childish" fit my assessment of him, his bragging, personal disclosures, name dropping, bashing the insurance system (which may need bashing, but not during my appointment) My husband, who was with me, held the same opinion of him. I do have to add, however, that i found the office staff to be very efficient and friendly.

March 13th, 2012
Worst D.O. in the Prescott, AZ AREA!
This man should not even be called a doctor. He's a quake at best at the YRMC Physician Care, in Prescott AZ . Going in to see him pertaining to ...

February 15th, 2011
Decent Doctor just be aware of a few things
I recently took Dr. Urell as my PCP since my old one moved and although he is a decent doctor and is knowledgeable, he can be very exasperating. First ...

September 24th, 2010
Seem to be knowledgable
Our visit was pleasant and he spoke like he knew what he was talking about. Yet it is to early for any comments.

August 23rd, 2010
Has no regard for patients
My wife has been diagnosed with have ADHD. We have recently moved from Fayetteville NC, where I was stationed at Fort Bragg, to Prescott AZ. So we nee ...

July 29th, 2010
Misdiagnosis
Pain in left leg. DR decided it was a disk. I refused an MRI. Prescribed Diclofenac (anti-inflamatory). I have a history of stomach/colon issues. This prescription caused rectal bleeding. Turns out ( after seeing 4 different Doctors) I had shingles, nothing they could do for me as it was beyond 72 hours. Dr. Urell had seen me during that 72 hour timeframe. Living with extreme pain, nausea, dizziness, etc.