Dr. Timothy Vavra Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Vavra?

June 30th, 2017

Dismissive to Point of Damaging Health

after many years of seeing him, i had to change because his dismissive attitude and failure to treat my very serious health condition has caused me permanent damage. Not even apologetic. Did not even attempt to help me get to the proper specialists. Never followed up. TERRIBLE physician if you actually have a health problem. Years of flu shots and random sore throats--he's ok but just go to walgreens for that!

January 14th, 2015

Only great experiences with Dr. Vavra

I am impressed with the quickness of getting appointments, friendliness of staff, his easy going and compassionate bedside manner, professionalism and accurate diagnosis of my medical conditions. I prefer his non-invasive style of procedures. Easy on the eyes, too (from a females viewpoint).

July 22nd, 2014

Great caring do tor

It is amazing that you can still find a doctor that will take the time to listen to you and truly care. He has been a wonderful family physician. The Loyola staff in his office is top notch too. We are so pleased to have him for our primary care doctor.

December 17th, 2011

Dr. Vavra is great. He is like the old German Doctor I had when I was a kid. Very thorough and great bedside manners. He cares. Being affiliated to Loyola means great care in any area of need.

June 28th, 2011

Dr. Vavra is one of the nicest, smartest, professional doctors that I have come in contact with. I am always able to get an appointment. I am never rushed out of the office. His nurses are the best too. Very friendly and caring.

April 6th, 2011

Kind and caring

Because of insurance changes at my job I had to leave Dr. Vavra's care. I was devastated. I realized what kind of doctor's are out there. Dr. Vavra knew my family's medical history and my history by heart. He follows up and personally cares about you. I suffer from depression also and found him to be very understanding.

February 8th, 2011

I have had very good experiences with Dr. Vavra. He has never hesitated to refer me to a specialist or for further testing. I was sorry to read some of the negative reviews. One thing to remember is that you need to take charge of your health care. If you feel you are not being heard or treated properly, find another doctor. As for the reviewer whose appointment was canceled, I understand your frustration but it happens.

June 1st, 2010

Misdiagnosed and it continues to haunt me

I went to see Dr. Vavra because I was in extreme pain and couldn't fall asleep. I was awake between 30 to 40 hrs before I could sleep 3 to 4 hrs. I told Dr. Vavra I was in so much pain that I cannot hold out any longer and that I may kill myself. I was overdosing on medications and taking them with alcohol because I was in such severe pain. I am very naive. I asked Dr. Vavra to please hospitalize me and help me because I am in extreme pain. I cannot believe he let me out of his office many times in the same condition and he knew I was regularly and dangerously overdosing. I told him I was in severe and extreme pain!! I ended up having liver damage which was most likely from the over- dosing. I was getting very ill about once every month or so and would have flu like symptoms that would last for about a week to 10 days. It took a year or so for my liver to recover or repair itself!! Mixing my medications with large amounts of vodka was the only way I could get pain relief and get a reasonable amount of sleep. Why did you tell me I don't want to go to the hospital and it's all in my head?!?! I was extremely suicidal and begging for help and that's all I got. I finally got the proper diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, severe depression and severe anxiety but I had to finally convince a psychiatrist that she send me to another doctor!! Both doctors that I'm disappointed with are or were from Loyola. All my symptoms were and still are so severe. I finally got the proper medications but it took 4 yrs of extreme suffering. He had me convinced that I was nuts but I wasn't. I went to a disability hearing recently and they read his diagnosis of me that said I am mildly to moderately depressed!! My disability was denied!! My attorney is appealing but you really let me down Dr. Vavra!! Now what will I do if I cannot get disability due to your misdiagnosis? I suffered for so long with nerve pain and pain from depression!! I cannot believe you ignored my pleas for help!! I prayed to god so many times to help me and I still do.

March 6th, 2010

A great doctor

He is a great doctor. He takes the time to call me with results and explain what they mean.

September 22nd, 2009

Accountant

Doctor Vavra is the most unprofessional doctor that I that I have seen in my life. He cancelled my appointment with out a phone call prior from my visit. He refused to see me after I rented a car and drove over an hour to see him. I really need refills and I would have appreciated a courtsey call prior from making the effort to see him. He actions were rude & uncalled for.

July 17th, 2017