Dr. Timothy Votapka MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

September 15th, 2016
His incompetence cause more issues
Dr votapka used a mitral valve ring on me which was too small according to Cleveland Clinic. His incompetence caused me to have immediate severe mitral valve stenosis. He said my dizziness, low blood pressure and low resting heart rate was normal and would improve. The ring size he use was used for children according to Cleveland clinic. I was a 29 year old woman at the time of surgery. This incompetence caused me a great deal of loss. I had several miscarriages, long term damage was caused from all of the atrial fibrillation episodes. I had 7 cardioversion, an ablation.. Finally I was diagnosed correctly. I regret having this man perform "surgery" on me. I lost so much. I didn't have the energy to visit my family, to do any of the activities I did all of my life.

November 21st, 2015
HACK SUGERY BY DR. VOTAPKA
DR. VOTAPKA HACKED MY SURGERY. HE was to repair my mitral valve, the ring he used to repair my mitral valve (ACCORDING TO CLEVELAND CLINIC) was WAY TOO SMALL and placed incorrectly. DR. VOTAPKA'S incompetence caused me to have severe mitral valve stenosis. His hack job ruined many years of my life of being unwell. The follow up cardiologist didn't catch the mistake, so I finally went to Cleveland Clinic to get help. I required another open heart surgery to replace the tiny ring Dr. Votapka used. I should have gone to the best first. This surgeon literally caused me to lose many years of my life, I wasn't able to have a family because of his hack surgery and most of my 30's were lost to being unwell.

October 16th, 2015
BUTCHERED MY MITRAL VALVE SURGERY
Dr. Votapka performed mitral valve repair which resulted in severe mitral valve stenosis. I had immediately experienced extremely low blood pressure and dizziness, lethargy he said I would adjust. I began having atrial fibrillation which could only be converted through Cardioversion. According to Cleveland Clinic where I had repair mitral valve surgery the ring Dr. Votapka used was much too small causing the severe mitral valve stenosis. . This butcher job wreaked havoc on my life as it affected every aspect of my life. I was unable to have a family, I wasn't able to keep up with everyone on vactions so I stopped going, I had to get rid of my horses as I didn't have the stamina to ride. I didn't even have the energy to go to my winter home in Florida. This surgeon ruined my life as he didn't know what he was doing.

August 21st, 2015
LOST 15 years of my life from mistake
Dr. Votapka used a ring too small when repairing my mitral valve. According to Cleveland Clinic this tiny ring caused me to have severe mitral valve stenosis. Wouldn't recommend.

May 26th, 2015
Dr. Votapka repaired my mitral valve. I immediately felt dizzy afterword, had extremely low blood pressure and low BPM. He said my body needed to adjust. Many years living like this I went to Cleveland Clinic where it was determined this surgery caused severe mitral valve stenosis requiring another surgery to properly repair this same valve.

July 12th, 2017