2.0

Where do I even start?! show details Where do I even start?!
Jul 24th, 2016

Let me start by saying I've worked in the field of child development at a professional level for many years. I've administered standardized tests to assess developmental skills and delays myself. That doesn't make me smarter than any other parent (as I feel parents know their kids best and are a HUGE asset when figuring out what's going on with a kiddo) but I at least have some background And experience not only as my sons mom but in what I've seen with other kids. I however am unqualified to diagnose my child with a true label/diagnosis as I am not a neurologist, psychologist or the like. Hence, I came to this dr for help with that to determine what for sure is going on. I have concerns, his school has concerns, he has an IEP for special services at school even. This dr was not only abrupt but completely unprofessional. I left thinking maybe I was crazy and completely off on my concerns - which apparently he is good at making parents feel that way per every other review I just read. I wish I would have read reviews before going to him. I normally do read reviews but this appt spot opened up and I would have had to wait another approximate 4 months otherwise to see the other dr. He is newly hired at a location in Spokane, WA. At one point he looked at me when I expressed a very clear concern and said "well isn't that normal for this age?" I told him, no, I don't believe it is (again, I've worked in this field with lotssss of other kids his age, not just experienced my own!) At one point I tell him I would have assumed that with the intervention he was receiving at school for the past year that we'd see some progress. He laughs and says indignantly "so tell me what else you've assumed about him". He did a quick "test" although it really was only a brief screening tool then tells me it's my sons temperament and genetics. A mix of all of that and his experiences prior to adoption. I tell him the termperment he "chose" off of his list and gave me resources for doesn't make sense because my son is that way sometimes and others the complete opposite, alarmingly so (i.e. Interacting with strangers way too comfortably and other times never engaging with a staff person at school or other kids after many months of getting to know them). But that's okay, I left knowing he's just "slow to warm up". For real?! I will say he has moments where he does seem knowledgable and I do think he cares, I just think he needs some definite training on how to listen to parents (I agree - I was cut off many many times - he does listen but only as much as he wants/needs to hear and then you can tell in his face he's hearing you but not really caring tremendously about what you have to say). He has his mind made up fast. I don't doubt he has expertise that is valuable to th field but I think his opinions and views are tainted by years of his experiences and what he assumes about parents and kids. Instead, he could be using that background of knowledge and experience to further support parents. Instead, he seems burnt out and ready to retire. Too tired of his career to truly listen without his opinions clouding his view. I know burn out when I see it. This guy is definitely burnt out. I will definitely be asking for a second opinion and I will definitely deter other foster parents and families of kiddos with special needs from seeing this dr. Not worth the stress and feeling of inadequacy just to get in earlier. No thanks.

May 3rd, 2016

Terrible misdiagnosed

Thought i was being pranked... show details Thought i was being pranked...
Apr 30th, 2016

Horrible experience. I have since complained to Phoenix Children's Hospital for referring me to him. Dr. Jordan was rude, angry, snarky, very short with both me and my three year old. He wouldn't let me finish my sentences. It was a very surreal experience, I've never met such an unfriendly and disinterested doctor. Of course we're never returning.

Apr 27th, 2016

This Dr and staff are very rude and unprofessional -test was 4 min , med exam 2 min -manner angry and cruel- will never return -sorry I ever went -will seek a more professional, courteous and kind Dr and staff

Terrible show details Terrible
by Cheyenne on Oct 27th, 2015

This dr was awful. He didn't even test my son he took one look at him and said that he didn't have autism he was gifted. He didn't listen to me at all . Just a very careless lazy dr. He doesn't care about your child or your concerns .

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Experience show details Experience
by Jj on Mar 5th, 2015

Very rude, unorganized , unprofessional! Dr. Jordan kept interruption me and my wife every time we tried to say something. I'm not even sure what test he did , as he had me and my wife leave the room to complete a questionnaire with 100 questions. The office seemed dirty, outdated, unorganized . The staff seemed unprofessional and unorganized . I will not be taking my son back, and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Terrible Experience show details Terrible Experience
by anna on Sep 24th, 2014

by far the worst experience I've ever had at a doctor's office.from the first moment that we walk into the office it seems so unprofessional and Unorganized. the look and feel of the office was completely Erie.then we were taken to the back which was in a dark little room where we met dr. Jordan.He didn't try to introduce himself to us or try to find out my son's name or anything..my son was told to sit down in the chair and for me to sit on the couch..he gave my son 5 tests to see what his behavior was like to some situations and every time I tried to talk to him I was interrupted and told him basically be quiet.He was very condescending in his tone when He talked to me. He told me that because my son failed two of the tests that he was extremely underdeveloped and was well below average in his ability to communicate and to understand the things that I was telling him..which i knew to be untrue and inaccurate.i left the appointment in tears and disbelief for the fact that we had waited six months for an appointment like this.worst dr experience of my life absolutely will never return to this office or dr again! Definitely seeking a 2nd opinion!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Unreal rudeness show details Unreal rudeness
Aug 27th, 2014

I have a two boy which I have had to go see Dr Jordan for I have never been in such a uncomfortable position as a parent to special-needs child I have one with Autisum and one with ADHD I was told that if I could not handle my child I should give him up for adoption or lock I'm in a room so that he could not get out! When my son with Autisum began to cry the Dr called him a liar and a cry baby no Dr should ever taunt a child. He also informed in that I was in the wrong as a parent because when my children fight I separate them he said I should just let them hit each other and who cares if they hurt each other because it's not my place to stop them as I will not be around as when they are adults, I believe that why I should teach them not to hit well they are little then this crazy man goes on to say my son walks on his toes because he is flat foot and he don't eat solids because he spoild and at 7 wears a diaper because that's normal in AZ!! I normally don't do this but I don't want any other mother to go through what I've had to endure he is by far one of the rudest Dr ever I would not ever refer any of my enemies let alone my friends to this place I am taking us to the medical board I believe his license should be took him he's very unprofessional no one should ever have to suffer the way I have after this appointment.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
I was satisfied... show details I was satisfied...
by Kelli L. on Jul 31st, 2014

I am surprised by the overwhelming negativity of the reviews I read here as I didn't have that experience with him at all. He is abrupt and to the point, but he did stop and listen every time I wanted to say something. There is nothing about what he said or observed about my child that seemed off----on the contrary it was perceptive and accurate. He was polite to me, to my child and helpful making sure I had contact numbers, handouts on my stated concerns.....

Ummm, what in the world just happened?! show details Ummm, what in the world just happened?!
Mar 21st, 2014

We saw "doctor" Jordan because our 6 year old son was showing delays in several areas such as fine and gross motor skills, speech, and reading. Our son also has very low muscle tone and sloughs his feet while walking to the point that he wears off the bottoms of his shoes after only a few months. He is very uncoordinated and tires easily. His arms and hands tire easily while writing and his speech is often very slurred. "Doctor" Jordan's diagnosis: "He needs orthotics for his shoes. There is nothing else wrong." This guys is crazy!!! A few weeks later I received a second bill from his office for "Extensive Developmental Testing". The only "test" that he did with our son was asking him to take off his shoes and walk from one corner of the room to the other. This "doctor" is a complete waste of time and money!!! Back to square one...

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
wasted time show details wasted time
by magda palacios on Feb 20th, 2014

my daugther was diagnosed with ADHD by a psquiatric and probably dislexya she has alot of problems with reading because she does backwards and same with numbers and the doctor only told me she has problems with lenguage because her first lenguage is spanish that was his diagnosis he even said she doesn't have ADHD even she was diagnosed by two different psquiatrics

Had an appointment today with our two autistic kids. show details Had an appointment today with our two autistic kids.
by Blair and Jodi Hill on Sep 12th, 2013

Today we had an appointment with Dr. Timothy Jordan for our two kids with autism. I was scared to death after reading all the awful online reviews and comments from the people in our autism support group. Maybe people are to UPTIGHT these days. He was a good doctor, he cared about our kids. He did an evaluation for our kids, and did his job well. I read so many bad reports that I thought I would see doctor Frankenstein. But I saw a man that cared about people. Dr Jordan accepted our State insurance. AHCCS. He was the only DR that would accept AHCCS, Do you know why he was the only DR who accepts AHCCS? Because he cares more about people that MONEY. I called around for other doctors....they were nice and welcoming until the found out we had AHCCS, they would then become cold and say we can't help you. The reason other doctors will not accept AHCCS insurance is because they pay a lot less than the can bill for non state insurance. I don't like being treated like white trash just because I am low income. DR Jordan has respect for us! Dr Jordan office was full of kids when we were their today. Most looked like us.....many were low income. I think many people had a problem with the directness of him. Dr Jordan is a man that speaks directly and honestly....I like that! Don't be afraid to go to DR Jordan he is a treasure. He diagnosed my son and I in about 5 minutes....he is an expert with autism spectrum. I respect this Doctor for helping low income families when other doctor will not! There are more important thing in this life than money. 5 Stars for doctor Jordan!

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jun 1st, 2013

Total disgrace to the hippocratic oath, took 10 minutes to diagnose my son with a stupid "look he's not paying attention to the balloon test". Yet my son has a longer attention span than this quack, the guy can't go one second without rudely interrupting with his psycho babble. Coming from a family of physicians (my father is a Pediatrician, my mother is a OBGYN, every single one of my cousins are surgeons) I can honestly say that I've never seen such an unprofessional medical professional. Because of his neglect we have to go to a REAL developmental pediatrician (sadly my father is not a developmental pediatrician) to get a real diagnosis. If you want to throw your money down the drain and enjoy having to literally restrain yourself from maiming him then by all means, please, subject yourself to Tim W. Jordan.

Mark as Helpful  | 17 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Appalled Parent show details Appalled Parent
Apr 16th, 2013

This "doctor" is very rude and needs to retire or die. Absolutely no manners and he apparently forgot what it means to be cordial. I would not recommend him unless you like to be treated like a turd and shown the exit door.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Read this and other reviews show details Read this and other reviews
by gwendie61 on Feb 19th, 2013

My experience was very similar to many listed here. Dr. Jordan spent approximately 20 minutes with my son before telling me he was just like his dad (pointing at my boyfriend who is not his father BTW) He went on further to say that my son is lazy and unmotivated and we should just take him out of special ed (he's in middle school and has been in SE since preschool) and let him fail. My son has some sort of problem I'm not sure what it is but we needed a diagnosis from a doctor as the school psychologist suspected autism or ADD. He would listen to nothing I said. I left his office in tears. When I got the report (2 months later after calling the office twice to request it) I had to laugh because he had said that I brought him because he was in special ed but the school wanted to place him in mainstream classes(completely untrue, he didn't listen to what I was telling him obviously) and that I wanted him kept in special ed because he can't remember to turn in his homework. He also recommended that I take a less active role in helping with his schoolwork. ( I found that hilarious because as a single mom with a full time job and six kids you can imagine how much time and inclination I have to do my son's homework with him to a point that could be considered excessive. If anything the opposite is true). (By the way when I mentioned to his caseworker at school what the recommendation was, she said she can't agree with putting him in mainsteam classes. I still need to take him to get a diagnosis but now look at all the time that has been wasted. It's frustrating because my insurance covers very little of anything like this and we far from any providers) The other issue is that when I got my EOB from my insurance there was a charge on there for a neurological exam not covered by my co-payment for the office appointment and that I am responsible for. My son does have a seizure disorder (documented by EEG exams) and is on meds but at no time during the appointment was a neuro exam performed. There are many rude adjectives that I would love to use to describe this doctor but I think it's more important to warn others. In my opinion he needs to be investigated by the state board. In fact that is my next step. As a doctor he took an oath to first do no harm...I think he has forgotten that and he should not be passing himself off as a specialist in a field where the consequences of a wrong diagnosis can have very far reaching effects. It is hard enough when you have a child with problems, you should not be subjected to the disrepect that was displayed by this man. When I read of other people leaving his office in tears that makes me angry and I feel that something needs to be done about this person.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
PLEASE READ THESE REVIEWS show details PLEASE READ THESE REVIEWS
Feb 18th, 2013

before you go to this guy. My experience was similar to the majority of the reviews. AND, I work at a school where many of the children have been taken to him because they were able to get in quickly. Our resource teacher said she has never seen so many cases of "autism" in preschool before. And recently, a first grader came back from him with some crazy stories as well. With NO help for his obvious lack of attentiveness and ability to concentrate for the smallest amount of time. When I took my daughter to see him, she was in high school and was a little freaked out by him. We just needed an update to her evaluation. At the end of all his "tests" (that he pulled out of his drawers one by one, some of them falling apart,) he didn't make a diagnosis on the form I brought from the school. I looked at it and told him he needed to make a diagnosis. He threw his hands in the air and said "what do you want me to write?!" I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but told him, "ADD" and so he wrote it. I knew at that point, our time and money had been wasted and it was a big joke. He seems to avoid ADHD cases like the plague. PEOPLE, do you know WHY he is so easy to get an appointment with and other places have such a long wait??? Because the story is getting out about him. I too wish there was a way to get this man out of practice, but I don't know what to do. It is a crime that he takes money from people who think he is a professional. PLEASE, save your child and yourselves. Go somewhere else. I know it's difficult to find somewhere to go for help, but it's worth researching and waiting. TRUST ME.

The doctor is totally clueless show details The doctor is totally clueless
by Trisha on Feb 5th, 2013

My son has a learning disabilty and when he speaks it is very hard to understand 90% of what he is saying. He has stuggled with this problem for over 12yrs, so our primary doctor wanted him to have a developmental evaluation to identfy and diagnosis what the problem was. I brought in documentation from our prior doctors, teachers and therapists... MD Jordan didnt bother to review the document nor asked what were stated in the documents. Instead, he used a simple algorithm tool and concluded that my son had a learning disabilty, but he was not able to diagnosis. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE of my and my son's time, patience and hope because we were left with the same questions and problems that were hoping to find answers to.

JERK show details JERK
Oct 25th, 2012

No diagnosis, although my son clearly has social issues. gave the stupid picture test, had him stuff blocks into the correct shapes, looks at my wife and I as if we were stupid and told us flat out he is the way he is. Deal with it. he even went so far as to tell us "One of you two was the same way when you were little, thats where he gets it." My son is adopted. This guy is a moron.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Completely in shock after meeting this man show details Completely in shock after meeting this man
Sep 17th, 2012

He was so rude! He wouldn't let me talk and kept cutting me off by saying I don't want to hear it! He laughed everytime my son made a mistake or couldn't do something. He had my son take off his shoes and put them back on, when my son couldn't do it he yelled at him twice saying just stop just stop I'm even getting tired of watching you! I pretty much ran out of his office and cried all the way home! I can't believe someone that works with kids would act like that.

Left the office crying, and not because of my sons diagnosis! show details Left the office crying, and not because of my sons diagnosis!
by Jessica on Sep 4th, 2012

MY EXPERIENCE WITH DOCTOR JORDAN WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I WILL START BY SAYING THE REASON WHY OUR FAMILY CHOSE THIS DOCTOR FOR OUR TWO YEAR OLD SON WAS BECAUSE IT WAS THE SHORTEST ON THE WAITING LIST FOR A DEVELOPMENTAL PEDIATRICIAN. (ALL OTHERS WERE A YEAR TO A YEAR AND A HALF WAIT, HIS WAS 3 MONTHS, NOW I SEE WHY!) WHEN WE ARRIVED TO THE OFFICE I CANT SAY I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THE STAFF OTHER THAN THEY SEEMED TO BE SOMEWHAT UNPROFESSIONAL. WHEN MEETING DOC JORDAN,HE WAS VERY SHORT WITH US AND HAD AN EXTREMELY RUDE ATTITUDE. HE PROCEEDED TO DO A COUPLE OF "TESTS" WITH MY SON WHICH ALL LASTED ABOUT 30 SEC EACH. THEN AFTER SPENDING TEN, YES TEN MINUTES WITH HIM, HE SAID HE HAD AUTISM. I THEN ASKED, "WELL WHAT TYPE OF AUTISM? IVE READ THAT THERE IS A SPECTRUM WITH MANY TYPES OF AUTISM" (NOT TO MENTION THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I GOT A COMPLETE SENTENCE OUT IN FRONT OF THIS MAN, HE INTERRUPTED ME EVERY TIME I SPOKE AND DEMANDED I ONLY ANSWER HIM WITH YES OR NO.. NO ELABORATIONS) HE THEN LAUGHED AND SAID TO ME, "WELL ARE YOU A DOCTOR?! THERE ISNT ANY (AND IN A MOCKING VOICE) TYPE OF AUTISM. NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN PLAY DOCTOR AND FEEL FREE TO CREATE A DIAGNOSIS FOR YOUR SON AND ILL HEAR YOU OUT." I WAS COMPLETELY STUNNED AND SAID "NO... IM NOT.." BEFORE I WAS INTERRUPTED ONCE AGAIN AND TOLD: "YOURE SON JUST ISNT LIKE OTHER KIDS AND AUTISM FITS HIM... NOW, HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE AUTISTIC.. BUT THATS WHAT IM GOING TO WRITE DOWN." I KEPT TRYING TO TALK AND HE KEPT RAMBLING WITH NONSENSE UNTIL MY HUSBAND (WHO HAD BEEN BITING HIS TONGUE THE WHOLE TIME DUE TO MY DIRTY LOOKS TOWARDS HIM MIND YOU) SAID "CAN YOU JUST LISTEN TO HER?!?!" HE THEN APOLOGIZED SARCASTICALLY AND TOLD ME TO GO AHEAD... WHILE WRITING THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS TALKING. I ASKED WHAT TO DO WHEN HES THROWING TANTRUMS... I FEEL HELPLESS... HE THEN SAID "YOU NEED TO LOCK HIM IN THE ROOM WITH PILLOWS AND BLANKETS SO HE CANT HURT HIMSELF (MY SON BANGS HIS HEAD NONSTOP WHEN UPSET) FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES... 30 MINUTES TO FIVE HOURS IF THATS WHAT IT TAKES..AND LET HIM CRY IT OUT. OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE NO PEACE IN YOUR HOME AND YOU WILL LOSE IT TOO" WHEN THE VISIT WAS OVER, I HAD LEFT IN TEARS AND HE SAID HE WOULD SEE US IN SIX MONTHS AND WE TOLD HIM NO WAY! THIS IS THE MOST ARROGANT, INCONSIDERATE, UNETHICAL, AND UNPROFESSIONAL MAN I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE!!! EVERY PARENT, AND THERAPIST I HAVE TALKED TO, AND I DO MEAN EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS EITHER TOLD ME THE SAME THING OR HEARD THE SAME THING! HE SHOULD NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO WORK WITH CHILDREN, LET ALONE SPECIAL NEEDS! I AM LOOKING INTO EVERY WAY POSSIBLE TO GET HIS LICENSE REVOKED AND SEE TO IT HE CANT EVER DO THIS TO ANOTHER FAMILY! PLEASE TAKE MY WORD, AND READ OTHER REVIEWS ON HIM FOR YOURSELF, AND NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
May 27th, 2012

Diagonsed my son with Autism and a year later removed the diagonsis cause of eye contact. Uncaring, rude and I was in tears both during the appointment and a good hour after due to the lack of proffesionalism

Feb 8th, 2012

thisI took my son to see Dr.Jordan for developmental concerns.I was very unpleased with him an his services,he is VERY RUDE,UNPATIENT TO KIDS WHO REQUIRE TONS OF PATIENCE,DOES NOT CARE MUCH ABOUT his profession.I as the mother know my child best,and within a 20 min observation he thought he knew my child in and out! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS UNPROFESSIONAL MAN TO ANY PARENT WHO IS SEDKING SERVICES AND HELP FOR A CHILD WHO HAS AUTISTIC OR DELAYER. I WILL NEVER AND DO NOT EVER CARE TO HEAR,SEE OR ACCEPT AN APOLOGY FROM HIM!!!

WASTE of Gas and Time!! show details WASTE of Gas and Time!!
Jan 25th, 2012

I am relieved to find this site. Today I took my 5 year old son in to see Dr. Jordan and found him useless! He told me that my childs actions were "normal of a 5 year old" and that the reasons for him being "Afraid" of things are to get my attention because he's "playing me" according to the dr. My pediatrician sent me there because she thinks he may have aspergers and dr. Jordan never once even said the word aspergers. He gave him a simple preschool level flip book test and then asked him to write his abc's on a line and then to copy a rectangle. he then tossed a ball at him to see his ocupational skills.I was asked to fill out a questionare that he marked with dashes on certain spots once I was done but NEVER reviewed or asked anything about any of it.He then told me my child was fine and gave me a RX for speech therapy and ocupational therapy and told me he does show signs of autism but that is only because he has an "nerological delay" I then asked what should I do about the intense anxiety? he then tells me he has anxiety because I am a push over and he knows he can get away with it and handed me a print out of a picture of a book I can order on line "the anxious child" a COMPLETE waste of time! it was a 62 mile drive from my home and that was a HUGE waste of gas. I left there wondering if my mother instinct was wrong, was I making it up? was I being "played" . I spoke to two friends for oppinons then started googling his reviews and found this page, which re-assured me its not ME it was the BAD DR. We will be getting a second oppinon.Dont waste the time!

QUACK DOCTOR!!! STAY AWAY!!! show details QUACK DOCTOR!!! STAY AWAY!!!
Dec 5th, 2011

I agree with every negitive comment about this man! He did a quick flip book test and asked my son to write his abc's of which he said my son did not do well on and then had him leave the room to write a paragraph. My son came backin the room with in a minute. He had only written 4 words. Then he sat us down and told me that there was nothing wong with him. He then asked "so what do you want me to do?" I told him we need help and I really didn't know and thats why we were here. He told me " He's your kid and your stuck with him". I have never felt so insulted by a doctor in all my life and he did this in front of my child. I made sure to explain to my son I have never been "stuck" with him or have ever felt that way. He then told me to lock my son in his room all day when he talked to much. Then when I asked about how to help my son with his morning routine before school...I was told to just take my child to school in his pajamas. This man is just seeing people to pay his rent or feed what ever habbit he has. He is sloppy looking and messy and he has a hand out for everthing known to man. I truly think he is suffering from his own mental issues and taking it out on his little patiences and their parents. STAY AWAY! One last comment the only reason why we went to him was because he was the only doctor that could see our son with out a six month waiting list...now I know why!!!

Horrible! show details Horrible!
Oct 19th, 2011

Worse bedside manner! He actually yelled at me and said my concerns are not his problem! Constantly interrupting me with his unprofessional tone. Please consider taking your child to a better facility...

DONT TAKE YOUR CHILD HERE!!!!!! show details DONT TAKE YOUR CHILD HERE!!!!!!
Oct 18th, 2011

I WISH I HAD READ THIS PRIOR TO TAKING MY 7 YEAR OLD SON HERE!!!!! THIS DR IS HORRIFIC! HE LOOKED SLOPPY, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL UNORGANIZED!!!!! HE WAS EXTREMELY EXTREMELY RUDE TO ME... I WAS IN COMPLETE SHOCK! I WOULD ASK A QUESTION AND HE WOULD COMPLETELY CUT ME OFF AND SNAP AN ANSWER AS IF I WAS WASTING HIS PRECIOUS TIME! HE GAVE MY SON A FLIP BOOK TEST AND THEN ASKED MY SON TO STEP OUT OF THE ROOM AND TOLD ME IN A NUTSHELL MY SONS DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND TO ACCEPT IT AND NOT STIR THE POT AND JUST BASICALLY GET OVER IT. HANDED ME A SHEET OF PAPER OF BOOKS TO READ AND SAID HE WOULD SEND A REPORT. DURING OUR APPOINTMENT HE TOOK A PHONE CALL, COULDN'T FIND HIS PAPER WORK, EVEN MADE THE COMMENT TO MY SON THAT HIS MOTHER WAS GONNA MAKE HIM ACTUALLY WORK TODAY SO HE WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE ME EXTRA... NOT FUNNY TO ME! I AM APPALLED THAT THIS MAN CAN EVEN CALL HIMSELF A DR. HIS STAFF WHILE THEY WERE COURTEOUS WERE WEARING SHORTS, TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONES AND JUST PLAIN OUT UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! NONE OF MY QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED, NOTHING WAS EXPLAINED, I LEFT CRYING WITH FRUSTRATION AND ANGER THAT I EVEN SUBJECTED MY SON TO THIS JOKE OF A DR WHEN ALL I AM TRYING TO DO AS A MOTHER IS HELP MY SON WHO IS IN NEED. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DR AND I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST THIS DR AS WELL.

Dr. is a professional behavioral specialist show details Dr. is a professional behavioral specialist
Aug 11th, 2011

I read all the horrible ratings on Dr. Jordan and was apprehensive taking my son in to see him..There was no unexpected wait..we were new patient and came in early to fill out paperwork as one should. Dr. was professional and courteous. I interjected once and was kindly corrected, which I understand because it was my child being tested and not myself. I think all of this negative hype may be coming from parents with children who have behavioral problems..Children are reflections of their parents and surroundings and if you are a monster, most likely, your child will be too. There are many children with true issues in life, who could use the help of a Dr. like this one, be responsible as you post messages and take responbility for your mistakes..

Don't subject your child or yourself to this man! show details Don't subject your child or yourself to this man!
Jul 20th, 2011

Oh how I wish I had read these reviews before I went to see Dr Jordan! I was referred to him by my pediatrician, but only after his original recommendation had a 4 month wait for an appointment. I absolutely agree with all of the bad reviews. This man has a horrible bedside manner and should never be allowed to practice on adults, let alone children! As he did with many of the other parents, he also cut me off and was rude to me, and completely ignored my son and demanded that I do the same. I also got the advice of locking my child in his room for 30 minutes at a time. His office staff is not professional either. I stopped in the office one afternoon after trying to call all day and not having them return my call. My son and I waited for close to 10 minutes in the waiting room without being acknowledged. (There was no one at the desk, but we could hear them just behind the wall) At one point my son ran to the back and when I went to get him, I saw a woman and informed her we had ben waiting. She told me that she didn't even work there. Then another woman (who looked about 14) came around the corner and asked if she could help me. She was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. When I told her I had been waiting, she explained that Friday was a relaxed day, and that they don't answer the phones on Friday. Are you kidding me??? Then don't list the day as part of your office hours! I can't wait to let my pediatrician know about my experience with Dr Jordan so that he never, ever refers anyone to him again. Please trust me, there has got to be someone better out there to see your children. Don't bring them to this man!

This Man Should NOT work with Children!!! show details This Man Should NOT work with Children!!!
Jun 14th, 2011

The Dr. came in and began our appt. by complaining about the phone company!!! ?? He didn't introduce himself! He was sloppy and unorganized. He was rude to my child more than once. He would cut me off half sentence. Our appt. was about 20 minutes long! He brought out a little book and asked our child about 20 questions. He then quickly "added the test results" and told us a couple things. ???? He recommended a book and told us he would be sending a follow up report - that was over a month ago. He doesn't know how to properly communicate with others especially children!! I don't understand how this man could be in practice. I don't understand how this man could have satisfied parents/patients. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!!!! Rude, crude, and unprofessional!!!

Do NOT recommend this doctor! show details Do NOT recommend this doctor!
Apr 22nd, 2011

He diagnosed my son with a very serious diagnosis with very little information. I have since heard from many people in the community that treat children that he has a reputation for this. Also, very little compassion.

HORRIBLE experience!!! show details HORRIBLE experience!!!
Mar 10th, 2011

I have never met a ruder doctor in my life. Very unprofessional. He was rude to me and my daughter and he was rude to his office staff in front of his patients. He did not read the report I brought, he didn't let me finish talking without rudly interrupting me everytime. I was only allowed to answer yes or no to his questions. The few minutes he spent testing my duaghter was an absolute joke!! He asked her about 4 questions, had her write her ABC's and then he gave me a score of her cognative abilites. I have a masters degree in special education and I've never seen someone slop through a test like that with a kid. It was a complete joke! He then said we would have to somewhere else to get another test done and then come back for him to give her a diagnoses. Seriouslly-- if I have to have someone else give a test he can't give I'll just let the other person give the diagnosis--why would I go back to this jerk. He used a sware word right in front of my daughter, he spilled his coffee twice and he had the smell of alcohol on his breath. I will be making formal complaints to my insurance company and to the state medical board.

upset mother show details upset mother
Feb 9th, 2011

This doctor evaluated my daughter in about 20 to 25 minutes and wanted to giver her a very serious diagnosis. All throughout the interview, he would not allow me to ellaborate on my answers pertaning to my daughter.He wanted yes or no answers.I felt he was to quick to diagnosed my daughter. He in fact wasn't sure at first of what her condition was and then all of a sudden he changed his mind and wanted to give a final diagnosis. Of course, I spoke up and said what i thought. Then he changed his mind and put her at risk instead. I agree with other patients that say he's not child friendly nor parent friendly. His office and reception is not child oriented either. His office was dark and messsy. He was very unorganized, unprepared, and yes very rude. I also came out of his crying. I will seek other opinions by other professionals because i was not satisfied with his opinion at all. He also blew a balloon for my daughter and then let her put her mouth on the balloon too. What if he had the flu or something. As a child professional, you don't do that . He also came into the office with cup of coffee and even took a cell phone call during our session and even walked out of the office. Overall, I do not recommed this Dr. at all. I regret not reserching him before going to this appointment. My fear is that he may be giving the wrong diagnosis to all these children when maybe the problem is something else...

Expected the worst, but was pleasantly surprised show details Expected the worst, but was pleasantly surprised
Dec 17th, 2010

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews on this site. Dr. Jordan is a little rough around the edges, and his bedside manner could use some polishing, however he was attentive to our concerns, and he spent a long time with us. He gave us lots of resources to follow up with on our own. We saw him at the Flagstaff office, and there was no wait at all (in fact, he was waiting on US!) He is not "warm and fuzzy" like many pediatricians, so don't expect that kind of atmosphere. Overall we were very satisfied with him addressing our sons' needs.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Aug 19th, 2010

Dr. Jordan has diagnosed both of my children and was very patient and explained everything so I could understand it. we have been seeing Dr. Jordan for 3 yrs now and have had nothing but positive experiences with him. I would definitely recommend him to friends, family etc.

I do NOT recommend show details I do NOT recommend
Aug 19th, 2010

He had horrible bedside manner. I left the initial consult in tears. I did not return to his office. I took my daughter to another dr office. Best decision I ever made. My child went from getting no help to getting on the fast track to getting the care and coverage she deserves.

by Angry Mother on May 12th, 2010

Took my 20 month old son in for an evaluation with this Dr. and He was the rudest person I have ever met in my life. He wouldn't look at any reports I brought in from the MRI or Neurologist he told me "That doesn't matter to me" so I finally got him to read the findings from the Neurologist and he said "Well it says here that everything is normal" when the top of the report said abnormal results and delayed.He told me that my son has bad behavior problems and I should lock him in his room for at least 30 minutes at a time. Then he said if that doesn't work lock him in there all day, thats the only way you will keep yourself from not going insane. So I asked him what else I could do and he kept saying "Lock him in his room, and don't take him out in public" He kept yelling at my older son who was in the room and kept telling me "Can you please keep that kid away from his brother" I walked out of his office crying, I was so upset I didn't even wait to see the Nutritionist, I can only imagine how that would have went.I would never see this man again if my life depended on it, and I definately do not recommend anyone taking their child to his office.

by AZ Mom on Apr 27th, 2010

A month after the visit and we still haven't seen a report. Waited in the waiting room (ick) for a good half hour, not because Dr. was with another patient, but Dr. was LATE to work. Really? Don't schedule appointments at 8:30 in the morning if he doesn't come in under 9. Period.

Apr 5th, 2010

Dr Jordan was aweful and left me feeling even more insecure about my child's issues. He said to lock my child up for 30 minutes for his behavioral problems! He made mention of his nieces and nephew having no behavioral issues because they respect their parents, I am assuming by that comment that he has no children of his own. In addition his bedside manner is rude and when speaking to my son he didn't even attempt to talk to his level. He scoffed at what our attempts at discipline for our child were in a demeaning fashion. Do NOT recommend his to anyone, please get a referral for someone else.

NO People Skills show details NO People Skills
by E. Denman on Mar 10th, 2010

I reviewed his stats before I went, lots of bad comments. I thought I would give him a chance to prove himself to me. After getting there early to fill out paper work (as they requested)a patient came in after me but went in first because they were a "follow-up and would be fast" It took 45 minutes. I already waited 70 minutes before he decided he was going to take a 2nd patient who came in for "a quick follow-up". Office staff told him I was there over an hour and he rudely said "Thanks for keeping me updated" and took the other person anyway. He didn't look at us, talk to us, say sorry, say I will be right with you....NOTHING, just turned and walked away...how rude. It was as if we were not there. He obviously does not trust his staff to make office/appt. decisions, he was rude to them too. From what I saw, he definetly cannot manage himself and has no repect for others so how can he be trusted to make decisions about my childs well being? After that, there was NO WAY I was going to let him see my child. Also, my time is just as important as his. He may think he is more important, but he is no better than anyone else. I should have trusted the reviews I read before I went to see him. This man has NO RESPECT for anyone. He must think he needs no patients, so do him a favor, DON'T GO SEE HIM.

Jan 26th, 2010

The wait time was unacceptable. A patient who did not have an appointment and came in after we did was seen and left before us. Dr Jordan performed an intelligence test (as far as I could tell) and we needed a behavioral test. Overall, not a good experience.

Jan 18th, 2010

He would not let me discuss my childs problem, he only let me answer yes or no or normal or not...no people skills at all! I almost walked out after my first 2 minutes of appt. Would never go back, ever!

GREAT Dr! show details GREAT Dr!
by Kelly S. on Jul 15th, 2009

I have 2 children that have seen Dr. Jordan. He is great everytime. Really takes the time to listen, and to check out everything before making a DX. His office staff is also so nice and helpful!

Don't waste your time or money show details Don't waste your time or money
by Unhappy Mother of Autistic Son on Jun 1st, 2009

Dr Jordan was rude and overbilled for his services. He verbally made one diagnosis, then changed his mind and wrote a different one - causing a loss of services. Don't waste your time/money.