Dr. Timothy Wilcox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

July 11th, 2014
Wilcox should have license removed
Very horrible experience in this office. No respect.

September 12th, 2013
Does what's best for dr.
There is a reason this dr. Is Always available. How in the world is this man allowed to work with women? Rude, uncaring and rushed every appointment. "do you have any questions?" is just something said at the end of the appointment not really an invitation to actually talk to or question this dr.. He rushes through appointments as though he is trying to fit see many patients as possible in an hour. I get the impression he hates this job. If you talk to other patients at the practice you'll hear a lot of negative about Dr. Wilcox, it's worth the wait to see anyone else!

July 17th, 2013
great obgyn
When I got pregnant I was told to not see Wilcox. As I set my schedule they scheduled me with him. I figured I would see him once and change provider. After my first appointment I decided to stick with him. He is very direct and to the point. If you have questions he answers them thoroughly and addresses any concerns you have. We decided to do a c section and it turns out if we hadn't my daughter probably wouldnt have made it. I am seeing him with my second child.

October 24th, 2012
Low standard of care
I appeared for my annual GYN exam, which normally includes a pap smear, breast exam and other examinations. That's the most basic level of care which even a first year medical student would be aware of. All Dr. Wilcox did was take the pap smear. That was it. No breast exam, no pelvic exam, no other checks whatsoever. He did not provide even a minimal level of care and I will never return to him or Bay View OB/GYN. The front desk staff were professional, but his nurse was dismissive and disinterested.

May 25th, 2012
He delivered my twins back in 1998.He has the bed side manner of a cobra.He was rude to me when he pulled the stables out he left 4 in,he did not come in to my room and check on me.And to top it off I was not numb when he delivered the twins my c-section.for my 1st twin i was numd and not the 2nd twin i was not I felt the whole painful thing.

November 2nd, 2011
Very Thorough
Dr. Wilcox has been my ob doctor for 16 years! He has given excellent prenatal care and delivered both of our children. He may be direct and to the point, but he is VERY thorough and willing to talk if YOU bring up any questions or concerns. He is one of Northern Michigan's leading Doctors on women's breast health. I would definately recommend him!

April 27th, 2011
Dr Wilcox performed a uterine biopsy on me during a routine pap exam without asking me or warning me, I just all the sudden felt the suction. He offered very little info on the procedure afterward and did not tell me I would have terrible cramping afterward. He surprised and alarmed me with this sudden procedure and I would never recommend that anyone go to him. Very unprofessional.

June 21st, 2010
steer clear!
he seems to only care about doing all the talking and getting out of the exam room fast, not listening. He tried to talk me into having a cesarean, which I didn't need or want, saying because he thought the baby was big. She was 7lb 12 oz when she was born, after a 16 hour labor. The care in his office was awful, their was little privacy in conversation, the staff looked harried and unhappy each time I went in for an appt. Next time, I'm going elsewhere.

March 18th, 2008
He's motivated by factors that interfere with allowing labor to progress, he's impatient and hasty. He broke my water without asking or telling me he was going to, he was in a hurry to get home so wanted to use pitocin even with hard labor. He's funny, but he's not very good at taking care of pregnant women.