Dr. Tina Mcguffey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Tina Mcguffey?

June 13th, 2017

Wonderful in every way

May 9th, 2017

Never got in after 1 hour of waiting.

October 21st, 2016

Helpful and Caring

I have been going to Dr McGuffey for 10 years. She has always been caring, attentive, and helpful with whatever issue I have. She knows (and treats) my whole family, which is sometimes a factor in my treatment. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a talented doctor with good old fashioned values!

September 14th, 2016

Once you get into seeing her, she is a very confident doctor with a great bed side manner. She takes the time to listen, asks questions and is great to work with. She knows her stuff!!!

January 20th, 2014

All of my experiences with Dr. Mcguffy have been very positive. She listens to me and tries to figure things out. I wouldn't go anywhere else for any of my medical needs!

December 19th, 2013

Both Dr Munford and Dr. Mcguffy are very professional and friendly, always asks about family. I go at least once a month due to my illness and I would recommend to anyone. Wait time can be long because you do not need appointment. Always takes time to explain things

June 6th, 2013

STAY FAR AWAY!

First of all, let me say that Tina McGuffey is not even deserving of one star but it doesn't let you select any less than one star. PROS: *I didn't have any problems with the receptionist or other staff they were friendly. *I didn't have any problem getting in, however it should be noted that I did not need to come in to see a doctor and I didn't want to come in to see one. I had called in the morning wanting to ask questions about some test results that had been done the Friday before. I left a message for one of the doctors to call me and later that day a receptionist called me and said the doctor wants me to come in to talk to her (this is a long story) I told the receptionist that I didn't have all day to sit in that office waiting to see a doctor, I just had some questions and that last Friday when I came in I waited 2 hours to see Dr. Mumford and didn't have the time today. She assured me that I would get right in, that she would put my name on the walk-in list and when I got there at 12:30 I would be seen right away. Soooo....I was there at 12:25 p.m. and at 12:55 p.m. a gal took me back to an exam room to wait yet another 1/2 hour till the doctor came in. So, no, there was no problem getting the appointment because I was a walk-in and they take walk-in's after 12:30 p.m. The Friday before I waited 2 hours to see Dr. Mumford--1 hour in the waiting room & 1 hour in the actual exam room. I was not the only one who waited an eternity. CONS: *HORRIBLE LONG WAITING TIME---I think I covered this--but I'll say it again--THEY LEAVE YOU WAITING WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG. Not sure if they are just over booking patients or too busy doing other things. In my experience, it is BOTH. I didn't even know who this doctor (Tina) was that I was going to be seeing when I came in, so as I sat there in the lobby, I was observing the staff and they were all chit-chating about casual stuff and I noticed one gal had her cell phone out and she was showing the other gals pics or something she had on it. This happened about 20 minutes into my lobby waiting time, mind you, there was an older couple in the waiting room before me, a mother and her daughter that walked in after me, and a pregnant woman and her husband that walked in after me, and two other people. So, who do you think the gal was that was sitting around sharing her cell phone stuff? Yep....you guessed it, Tina....the Doctor. I find this to be very inconsiderate and disrespectful of peoples time and very unprofessional. When you have several patients sitting in your waiting area for beyond 30 minutes (last Friday--I waited an hour!!!) and you are sitting there dinging around with your cell phone--I find this downright RUDE and it made me angry when she walked into the exam room and I found out that she was the one I saw on the cell phone. *BEDSIDE MANNER: Her bedside manner was horrible. She was short and was cold and unfriendly, (I couldn't help but think she was irritated with me to begin with because I left a message that morning--irritated with the other doctor (Dr. Mumford) who blew me off, called me at 8:43 p.m. with a restricted number the night before, left a message saying he was going to be out of town for the next week--and suggested I call to speak to another doctor about my questions.) So when she walked in, she didn't even introduce herself (mind, you this is the first time I had ever seen her), she seemed bothered that I was asking so many questions and in a hurry and during the session, one of the gals came into the room and said someone was on the phone for Tina (I think someone from radiology) so she answered a couple of my questions and then excused herself to take the call. I was fine with that actually as I knew it must be important information about another patient. She came back and continued answering my question. With my situation, some testing needed to be done and she called the hospital to see if/when they could get me in for the test, turns out, they could take me "now" so I left...she didn't say goodbye, have a good day....nothing. I went over and had the test done at the local hospital. The radiologist said he would have the results to Tina that afternoon by 4:30 p.m. and if the doctor didn't call me that evening, (possible she wouldn't cuz it was so late in the day) or the next day, that I needed to call her. He was pretty sure she would call me by the next day at the latest. SOOOOO... *FOLLOWUP: I called the office and left a message early in the morning over an hour before they were due to open. I let them know that I had the test done and would like the doctor to call me and go over the results with me. I left my name and number. I waited all day yesterday...no call from a receptionist, no call from the doctor. So I am sitting here this morning waiting for the hospital to open and staff to get there to see if someone from the hospital can go over the test results with me. In my situation, it could be something serious or it could be something not-so-serious...but I need to know because something is definitely WRONG...I just don't know what it is. I like to support the local business but I'll be headed to Boise where I'm sure I'll get better care. In closing....I have never been in a waiting room or exam room this long before as I have going to this facility. I have never seen such unprofessionalism either. Beware of this doctor and this facility. I am a small town girl...understand small towns are different --not fast paced like in the cities--but usually very friendly and personable. That's what I love about a small town. You don't get this small town atmosphere at Black Canyon Family Medicine.

April 26th, 2013

Hmmmmm

Not a very friendly Dr. Seemed to be in a hurry and was a little agitated because I had a lot of questions that needed answered. I had a friend that traveled out of town and was treated very badly when she was in the office. She had blood work done and had not been notified as to the results for two weeks. She could not get the Dr. to return any of her calls. So when I was in the waiting room I seen the Dr. standing up front visiting and laughing with the office girls. I called my friend and told her to call. My friend called and was put on hold for 5 minutes before the Dr. answered the phone. Very unprofessional and uncaring in my opinion.

July 9th, 2012

No compassion, very unprofessional, should be a mechanic.

January 27th, 2012

unprofessional---left me in pain

More missed diagnoses...horrible bedside manner...she left me in terrible pain in ER and would not leave her office to come to the emergency room. When she finally did she refused to treat me stating that my doctor was out of town (her partner). She did not care that I was in level 10 pain...and she told me so. She swore at me...terrible doctor. I would not recommend this doctor to treat my goldfish. I think she lacks the knowledge to deal with even the simplest of medical concerns. Emmett is a small town but I would recommend staying away from this doctor...and her entire practice for that matter. The nursing staff and front staff is unfriendly, rude and incompetent. If you are new to the area I would recommend you go anywhere but here.

October 6th, 2017