A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tina Rutar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tina Rutar, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rutar graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Rutar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Seton Med Ctr Coastside
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rutar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 89 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans