Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Highly Recommend!!!!! You do have a choice!  |  show details
by CKS on Aug 23rd, 2013

I was told three years ago by my ob/gyn that my uterus was enlarged with multiple fibroids. I was told about several procedures that could be done to help but ultimately the only option to fix anything would be a hysterectomy. I looked for another medical opinion and I contacted two other doctors each of whom diagnosed different problems but all with the same final cure- Hysterectomy. Refusing to believe that a hysterectomy was my only option, I began researching my symptoms, I found the Institute for Female Alternative Surgery and Dr. Del Junco Jr. I contacted the office and spoke with Patricia who was extremely helpful and took time to speak with me. Due to unforeseen circumstances in my personal life I was unable to schedule a surgery with Dr. Del Junco Jr. for three years, however I continued to speak with Patricia via email and phone on and off during that time. In July 2013, I was able to finally schedule my surgery. Dr. Del Junco Jr. is truly an amazing surgeon with a great team behind him. From the initial consultation, through surgery and recovery, I cannot say enough good things except Thank You!!! Thank You!!!! If you find yourself being told that a hysterectomy is the only choice, please contact Dr. Del Junco Jr. and his staff before making your decision. Dr. Del Junco Jr. believes in actually treating the disease not just the symptoms. As I sit back now and reflect about my experience, I am appalled that so many in the medical field who call themselves Doctors, opt for the easy way " just remove it and take a pill". Ladies, Don't settle because an MD says it is your only choice ,Question everything, research yourself and contact the Institute for Female Alternative Surgery and Dr. Del Junco Jr. He changed the quality my life for the better.

|  Highly Recommend Female Alternative Surgery  |  show details
by Connie P on Jan 31st, 2013

I am 48 years old and put off surgery of 86 uterine fibroids and a large ovarian cyst for 3 years. I was lucky in the sense that I did not have many negative symptoms but after my visit with my OB/GYN in September this year, where he told me my mass was the size of a 16 week pregnancy, I knew I had to do something. I researched and found Dr. del Junco and made the decision to go to California (from Louisiana) for the surgery. And I am SO glad that I did. I am now at 6 weeks post-surgery and feeling absolutely wonderful. I have so much energy and do not need to get up at night to use the restroom any more. I cannot thank Dr. del Junco and Patricia and the entire staff at Temple Community Hospital enough and there are really not enough words to express my gratitude. The staff at the hospital is absolutely wonderful, they took such good care of me and were so personable. Patricia always responds very quickly to all questions and was so helpful through the entire process. Dr. del Junco took a lot of time before the surgery explaining everything and answered all of my questions as well as after the surgery. I have never been in a hospital or had any kind of surgery before, so my anxiety beforehand was tremendous. Everything went extremely well and I am so very pleased with the results. I highly recommend Dr. del Junco's Alternative Female Surgery to anyone seeking an alternative to hysterectomy.