Dr. Tobey Leung MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2017
CHARMING AND DELIGHTFUL
This is one charming doctor. He is so funny I swear he could do standup comedy. He brightens my day. My spouse and kids admire him too. He has helped me in many wayes. I do not want to see anybody else for my painful injuries. He's a definite "keeper".

June 24th, 2017
sympathetic
I was distraught when I lost my wife. Dr. Leung offered a sympathetic ear and helped me with the grief. I suppose he helped with the emotional and physical pain. I'll always miss my wife, but Dr. Leung helped me move on with my life. He has a heart of gold.

June 21st, 2017
Polite
My friend referred me to Dr Leung for my sciatica. L4 and 5 disc herniations according to radiologist MRI report. Dr Leung showed me the MRI, but I don't know how doctors can see anything. He explained the outlook with and without surgery. I opted trying no surgery if possible. Dr Leung did 2 epidurals that knocked out the pain each time. He's extremely respectful and always gives me a military salute because I retired from the US Army as a Colonel. Dr Leung told me my outlook is good and I have no detectable nerve damage.

June 14th, 2017
A professional
I was very scared of spine procedures, but Dr Leung went step by step explaining and talking me through the procedure from beginning to end. He takes his time to talk to you and explain. He has the human connection that made me feel comfortabe.

June 1st, 2017
Considerate
Dr. Leung helped me Manage my chronic pain. Dr. Leung is considerate and understands it's not always easy to find baby sitters for my young ones. Many doctors act annoyed while Dr. Leung doesn't mind I have my children with me. Dr. Leung invited me to bring every family member, distant relatives, Family Pets and all the ghosts hiding in the closets. He said the more the merrier. What bothers doctors doesn't seem to bother Dr. Leung.

May 27th, 2017
Well balanced
It appears Dr. Leung has found the proper balance between being light-hearted and wholehearted when necessary. He clowns around, but is stony-faced when figuring out how to manage his patient's pain issues. I like him for his balance attitude and when he shares his philosophy on life.

May 25th, 2017
expert
dr leung was my savior. I began with dr leung after all previous doctors failed. I see him as a wonderful man and a expert in attending to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscles, joints, tendons, bones. he is skilled in pain medications, procedures and needles. I have no reservation in referring friends and family to dr leung.

May 18th, 2017
I tried to live with my pain but it hurt too much. I ended up seeing Dr. Leung and he performed a steroid nerve block to ease my pain. I like watching baseball and the Giants and think Brandon Crawford is cute. I received a Crawford baseball from Dr. Leung who said I was brave and did well with the nerve block and deserved a reware.

May 13th, 2017
A Giver
Dr. Leung is a giver and not a taker. He is very good at what he does in his profession. He keeps things simple and I sense he tries his best. My granddaughter is a Golden State Warriors fan and Dr. Leung gave her jersey with KLAY THOMPSON signature. I had it framed for her bedroom. He treated us to a Warriors game. Dr. leung does things that make people happy. He controlled my pain from spinal stenosis pretty well. All the surgeons say it's not a good idea for me to have bone fusion surgery and I would not live to get off the surgery table. Dr. Leung's nerve blocks always worked well. Thank you Dr. Leung! Go Dubs!!!

May 10th, 2017
Likeable
Regret hanging my left arm out the window when my car rolled over. Had suffered from numerous injuries including crushed arm. Hate doctors calling the end of my amputated arm as a stump. Dr. Leung provided enough pain meds when he personally changed the dressing himself. It was always less painful with Dr. Leung's gentleness than anyone else. After ICU and hospital discharge, they told me to follow up with all the different surgeons. Many of them said my injuries should have healed and I shouldn’t be hurting as I say it was. Have been to numerous doctors over years for pain and trauma. Suffered a long while before I sought out Dr. Leung again for pain treatments. Dr. Leung such a nice guy, how can anyone not like him?

May 4th, 2017
SUPER HA HA FUNNY!!!
Haha, Dr. Leung cracks me up until my ribs hurt. He is SUPER SUPER FUNNY. He is intellectual but acts like he doesn't know anything. He pretends he doesn't know what's up but he is well-informed. He is really articulate and cool but can act like a dork, stutter, and mutter. He can say the funniest thing and keep a straight face. Then he bursts out loud laughing and makes everybody in the room laugh uncontrollably with tears. He makes my whole family laugh so hard we snort like wild hogs. Dr. Leung says laughter is sometimes the best medicine. :-)

April 28th, 2017
Superb pain management physician with outstanding procedure skills
The battery ran low on my neurostimulator implanted along my spinal cord to control my back and leg pain after 3 back surgeries had failed to give me pain relief. Doc Leung was the medical director of the spine pain clinic (I kept his business card), and although he didn't do the implant he was willing to do the surgery to replace my battery. Some interventional pain management docs refuse to touch anything related to the spinal cord stimulator - SCS - if they didn't do the original implant. They feel it's the other doc's responsibility to take care of any complications or battery replacements. Alas, I was unable to get in contact with the original surgeon, so I made an emergency appointment with Doc Leung. His nurses got me in fast track and Doc Leung listened to my explanation and realized how bad my pain was when my battery died. Doc Leung agreed to surgically remove the dead generator battery and place in a new one for my spinal cord neural stimulator. He scheduled it ASAP and performed it in the O.R. The surgery was done nice, and I liked him very much. I liked his calm and cool temperament. Doc Leung is very easy going but super serious about managing people's pain. That was my first SCS generator battery replacement, and I prefer to have him take care of all future replacements and manage any complications, such as stimulator malfunction. The intensity level and frequency of my SCS use affects how long the generator battery lasts, but luckily recent technology has improved the battery life so I won't need to have surgery as often. When you find an interventional pain management doc as skilled as him, you stay with Doc Leung. I just won't let anyone else to touch my SCS.