Dr. Tobey Leung MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Santa Rosa, CA

4.8

May 25th, 2017
expert
dr leung was my savior. I began with dr leung after all previous doctors failed. I see him as a wonderful man and a expert in attending to the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscles, joints, tendons, bones. he is skilled in pain medications, procedures and needles. I have no reservation in referring friends and family to dr leung.

May 18th, 2017
I tried to live with my pain but it hurt too much. I ended up seeing Dr. Leung and he performed a steroid nerve block to ease my pain. I like watching baseball and the Giants and think Brandon Crawford is cute. I received a Crawford baseball from Dr. Leung who said I was brave and did well with the nerve block and deserved a reware.

May 13th, 2017
A Giver
Dr. Leung is a giver and not a taker. He is very good at what he does in his profession. He keeps things simple and I sense he tries his best. My granddaughter is a Golden State Warriors fan and Dr. Leung gave her jersey with KLAY THOMPSON signature. I had it framed for her bedroom. He treated us to a Warriors game. Dr. leung does things that make people happy. He controlled my pain from spinal stenosis pretty well. All the surgeons say it's not a good idea for me to have bone fusion surgery and I would not live to get off the surgery table. Dr. Leung's nerve blocks always worked well. Thank you Dr. Leung! Go Dubs!!!

May 10th, 2017
Likeable
Regret hanging my left arm out the window when my car rolled over. Had suffered from numerous injuries including crushed arm. Hate doctors calling the end of my amputated arm as a stump. Dr. Leung provided enough pain meds when he personally changed the dressing himself. It was always less painful with Dr. Leung's gentleness than anyone else. After ICU and hospital discharge, they told me to follow up with all the different surgeons. Many of them said my injuries should have healed and I shouldn’t be hurting as I say it was. Have been to numerous doctors over years for pain and trauma. Suffered a long while before I sought out Dr. Leung again for pain treatments. Dr. Leung such a nice guy, how can anyone not like him?

May 4th, 2017
SUPER HA HA FUNNY!!!
Haha, Dr. Leung cracks me up until my ribs hurt. He is SUPER SUPER FUNNY. He is intellectual but acts like he doesn't know anything. He pretends he doesn't know what's up but he is well-informed. He is really articulate and cool but can act like a dork, stutter, and mutter. He can say the funniest thing and keep a straight face. Then he bursts out loud laughing and makes everybody in the room laugh uncontrollably with tears. He makes my whole family laugh so hard we snort like wild hogs. Dr. Leung says laughter is sometimes the best medicine. :-)

April 28th, 2017
Superb pain management physician with outstanding procedure skills
The battery ran low on my neurostimulator implanted along my spinal cord to control my back and leg pain after 3 back surgeries had failed to give me pain relief. Doc Leung was the medical director of the spine pain clinic (I kept his business card), and although he didn't do the implant he was willing to do the surgery to replace my battery. Some interventional pain management docs refuse to touch anything related to the spinal cord stimulator - SCS - if they didn't do the original implant. They feel it's the other doc's responsibility to take care of any complications or battery replacements. Alas, I was unable to get in contact with the original surgeon, so I made an emergency appointment with Doc Leung. His nurses got me in fast track and Doc Leung listened to my explanation and realized how bad my pain was when my battery died. Doc Leung agreed to surgically remove the dead generator battery and place in a new one for my spinal cord neural stimulator. He scheduled it ASAP and performed it in the O.R. The surgery was done nice, and I liked him very much. I liked his calm and cool temperament. Doc Leung is very easy going but super serious about managing people's pain. That was my first SCS generator battery replacement, and I prefer to have him take care of all future replacements and manage any complications, such as stimulator malfunction. The intensity level and frequency of my SCS use affects how long the generator battery lasts, but luckily recent technology has improved the battery life so I won't need to have surgery as often. When you find an interventional pain management doc as skilled as him, you stay with Doc Leung. I just won't let anyone else to touch my SCS.

April 22nd, 2017
Dr. Leung is fantastic
I have a very bad pain condition RSD in my arm. Dr Leung did a number of procedures that he called a series of stellate ganglion blocks in my procedure reports and my pain is much better. It's pretty frieghtening to have a needle placed in the front of your neck but Dr Leung made it minimally painful. It's the anxiety which is the worse especialy the first time. Dr Leung made me feel better and gave me a reward. I went to Oakland Tech, the same high school as Rickey Henderson, the man of steal, and so Dr Leung surprised me with a Rickey Henderson ball.

April 15th, 2017
Extremely Professional Magician
After the trainers and team physician, then surgeons and specialists, I got to see Dr Leung. I'm a professional athlete, so I appreciate his professionalism and commitment to excellence and respect for confidentiality. We celebrities typically like our privacy. He’'s at ease dealing with pro athletes like myself and other celebrities I personally know that have seen Dr Leung, and after the "happy juice" I didn't feel a thing during the procedure, and I woke up pain free. I fully recovered from my injury.

April 5th, 2017
the idea physician
There is not much downside to seeing Dr. Leung. He is everything a physician should represent. the only downside maybe not being able to see him when he goes on sabatical leave or missionary work for periods of time. Then, you have to get used to other doctors and notice the big difference between them and Dr. leung.

March 25th, 2017
generous
Dr Leung volunteers a lot of his time seeing the poor. He has that special skill to establish rapport with people from all walks of life. The entire staff loves him and he has the best sense of humor. He often stays late to give free consults to staff members. Dr Leung is always giving away autographed sports gifts to the kids. He is a very generous person and caring doctor

March 23rd, 2017
What I appreciate most above all else about Dr. Leung is his candidness. He gets straight to the point and is concise and precise. I feel he knows me for who I truly am. No B.S., no fluff, no attitude. I would follow him anywhere in the world. I wish more doctors werer like him.

March 17th, 2017
My kind of doctor
He is reliable and considerate. He thinks about my needs first before his own. He is constant and consistent. He's not moody. I don't have to worry about who I'll be seeing - he's the same person every visit. He's not Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which I can't say the same for many other doctors. I hope my children will grow up to be like him. A polite, well-behaved and decent person.