Dr. Tobey Leung MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Santa Rosa, CA

4.8

April 22nd, 2017
Dr. Leung is fantastic
I have a very bad pain condition RSD in my arm. Dr Leung did a number of procedures that he called a series of stellate ganglion blocks in my procedure reports and my pain is much better. It's pretty frieghtening to have a needle placed in the front of your neck but Dr Leung made it minimally painful. It's the anxiety which is the worse especialy the first time. Dr Leung made me feel better and gave me a reward. I went to Oakland Tech, the same high school as Rickey Henderson, the man of steal, and so Dr Leung surprised me with a Rickey Henderson ball.

April 15th, 2017
Extremely Professional Magician
After the trainers and team physician, then surgeons and specialists, I got to see Dr Leung. I'm a professional athlete, so I appreciate his professionalism and commitment to excellence and respect for confidentiality. We celebrities typically like our privacy. He’'s at ease dealing with pro athletes like myself and other celebrities I personally know that have seen Dr Leung, and after the "happy juice" I didn't feel a thing during the procedure, and I woke up pain free. I fully recovered from my injury.

April 5th, 2017
the idea physician
There is not much downside to seeing Dr. Leung. He is everything a physician should represent. the only downside maybe not being able to see him when he goes on sabatical leave or missionary work for periods of time. Then, you have to get used to other doctors and notice the big difference between them and Dr. leung.

March 25th, 2017
generous
Dr Leung volunteers a lot of his time seeing the poor. He has that special skill to establish rapport with people from all walks of life. The entire staff loves him and he has the best sense of humor. He often stays late to give free consults to staff members. Dr Leung is always giving away autographed sports gifts to the kids. He is a very generous person and caring doctor

March 23rd, 2017
What I appreciate most above all else about Dr. Leung is his candidness. He gets straight to the point and is concise and precise. I feel he knows me for who I truly am. No B.S., no fluff, no attitude. I would follow him anywhere in the world. I wish more doctors werer like him.

March 17th, 2017
My kind of doctor
He is reliable and considerate. He thinks about my needs first before his own. He is constant and consistent. He's not moody. I don't have to worry about who I'll be seeing - he's the same person every visit. He's not Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which I can't say the same for many other doctors. I hope my children will grow up to be like him. A polite, well-behaved and decent person.

March 14th, 2017
Very special physician
My granddaughter received Mike Trout signed baseball from Dr. Leung who I think is the kindest person. He has helped my neck pain so I can do more with less pain. He is a very very special doctor.

March 1st, 2017
Awesome doctor!
Dr. Leung is so nice, please pinch me because I think I died and woke up in Heaven. He always has a computer dedicated for patient use. He gives things away to his patients, such as tickets to sporting events, concerts, autographed sports things. He is awesome!

January 25th, 2017
Great!!!
He's a great listener and very patient. He's been so nice to see in his office. Outstanding people skills. Extremely knowledgeable. Very caring. Easy to talk to. Gave autographed Steph Curry jersey to my son who loves Curry and the Warriors. Very giving and understanding doctor that loves his patients!!!

January 12th, 2017
Discreet and multitalented
I was a member of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and the 1st patient one early morning waiting in the reception room when I saw Dr Leung come out of a meeting with our Sheriff Harry Lee and his entire top brass. Dr Leung had mysteriously showed up in New Orleans shortly after NOPD officer Antoinette Frank executed her partner during a restaurant robbery. Dr Leung is skilled at diplomacy and could assist organizations to heal old wounds. No love was lost between NOPD and JPSO; in fact, we didn't trust each other. Action movie star Steven Seagal was a reserve deputy sheriff in Jefferson Parish and his Traditional Chinese Medicine teacher, Dr Jin Wu was working in Dr Leung's office. Dr Leung and Seagal are high ranking martial artists. Lots of coincidences. Dr Leung had the reputation of being a top rate criminal profiler and he's equally excellent as a pain specialist. Despite the animosity between NOPD and JPSO, I entrusted Dr Leung with my life. I knew Dr Leung aided both NOPD and JPSO officers, and he helped me with lots of stuff: medical and professional in law enforcement.

December 20th, 2016
Versatile Pain Doctor
I remember seeing Dr Leung at Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse, Wisconsin. He came from California because we had a shortage of doctors to see people with pain problems. It was refreshing to see a doctor with new ideas and progressive, unlike the predominant conservatives here. We even had a pain doctor who didn’t believe in pain medications - he said they were evil and only bad people took medications that turn everyone into evil addicts. All he believed in was procedures, while Dr Leung believed in using whatever was necessary to help the pain: Eastern and Western Medicine - medications, exercise, acupuncture, tai chi, herbs, meditation, physical therapy, surgery, nerve blocks, radiofrequency burning of nerves, spinal stimulators, surgical medication pumps...

November 12th, 2016
Brilliant Clinician
I am at present a retired professor, and I saw Dr Leung for my upper back pain. If I may be permitted, I like to share some important demographic information, hopefully provide major insight to our modern society of young people and explain why I have been previously reluctant to rate physicians before I explain how Dr Leung saved my life. We have to go back to the turn of the century in America, when unlike today, patients in general respected their doctors highly despite the fact modern medicine was in its infancy, without insulin and antibiotics. During the post-war 40s America and I still remember up to the 60s, the general public regarded their physicians with high esteem. Then, a gradual downward trend developed in the 70s to 90s when patients started to view physicians with less esteem. The arrival of the Internet has provided much positive but also negative things to society. The technology and doctor review sites were available in the mid-late 2000s but patients didn't use these applications much unt