Dr. Tobie Beckerman Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Tobie Beckerman?

Posted on September 4th, 2015

Dr. Beckerman is everything I would want for a doctor. She is very attentive, helps with many different kinds of problems, and is responsive to my needs. I travel quite a ways to see her and she is definitely worth the trip. I am so glad I found her.

Posted on January 7th, 2015

Dr. Beckerman is the best! I would recommend her to anyone.

Posted on September 6th, 2011

I have been a patient at both locations (where Dr. was in practice with several other drs. and now on her own). I have mixed reviews. I believe that she is a very thorough dr.; however I think that she is looking for ways to increase her revenue as now she is selling supplements, supposedly made from food sources only. Ethically, I believe this is not a good development. She also encouraged me to have my labs (cholesterol, etc.) done in her office rather than going to LabCorp or Quest. i just get the feeling that she is pressured financially and is looking for ways to improve her bottom line, She has also rented out space within her office to a surgical practice which has signs directing patients to use particular bathrooms. It is all a little unsettling.

Expensive with many unnecessary medical ad-ons

Posted on August 1st, 2011

Dr Beckerman was rated highly in Bethesda magazines Best of the Best 2011 - which is how I found her. I was quickly disappointed.I concur with other reviewers who complained of long wait times, disorganized and unhelpful staff, but my biggest gripe was the high charges and unnecessary 'tests'.I went for a regular well woman exam, and with the exception of a very mild vitamin D deficiency... I was perfectly healthy.Bills must be paid upfront and the doctors office will submit them to your medical insurance on your behalf. I only recuperated about 60% of my money because the doctors fees are above what they deem 'reasonable' and many of the 'preventative' procedures I underwent were coded as 'illness' and not as 'preventative' despite a check up that was purely preventative, and had the results to prove it!This includes an unnecessary visit to Washington Radiology Associates for an extraneous external and internal scan to ascertain a 'baseline' for future check ups. Phrased as such, I assumed it was 'preventative' and therefore fully covered by medical insurance. Turns out that scans are not. I was as much annoyed by having to undergo a second invasive exam within two weeks and for no real reason. An annoying waste of my time.I was left with over $400 in bills that my medical insurance wouldn't cover because they were deemed 'excessive' or because they were coded incorrectly.On the up-side - I found Dr Beckerman's bedside manner very pleasant. And she's clearly very thorough... perhaps too much so in prescribing additional tests and scans.

Awesome Surgeon

Posted on September 18th, 2010

I just had an abdominal multiple myomectomy performed by this doctor.I feel fantastic. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. I drove to my parents home the day after I was released from the hospital. I know I should not have driven but I just felt really good. I felt as though I had just done a bunch of sit ups. I had no complications, came out of anesthesia beautifully which I realize was due to the skill of the anesthesiologist as I had previously had a Laproscopic surgery over 4 years ago in another state and woke up, from the same anesthesia that was used in my current op, like a fish out of water, shivering uncontrollably. None of that this time. The day after surgery was torture but after that I felt better and better and I continued to feel great as each day passed. I had to fly out of state to see this doctor but it was worth every penny and every pain. I am recovering fast and just feel amazing!I knew her in the past and I never forgot her skill, her passion, the pride she took in her work, and level of communication that you rarely get from a doctor these days. Not surprisingly, she has her own practice now. I beyond highly recommend her.

Office is totally disorganized

Posted on August 22nd, 2009

Takes very long time to make an appointment. Very long office wait time.Almost never return calls. Dr Beckerman is patronizing,indifferent, and at times abrasive.I never felt she was particularly sophisicated or knowledgeable in diagnosing medical issues. Very mediocre doctor.and treating medical

Mediocre Doctor

Posted on June 12th, 2009

I saw Dr. Beckerman twice for menopausal related issues last year. During the first visit, I thought she had a good enough bed-side-manner (communicated & listened). Although she expressed strong opposing opinions about my preference for using bio-identical hormones, I thought she was fine. However, instead of informing me of the blood test results over the phone, she required another scheduled appointment (a month later) to discuss the results. The test results confirmed that I was menopausalthats all, not thing complicated; no other problems. She didnt quite answer the other related questions I had regarding the results. I also asked to have some test done/referral for my suspected menopausal joint pain, she insisted strongly that I was too young (48) to have bone test(s). (She indignantly gave me a referral form, stating that nothings going to come of the bone test.) It was a short appointment, and I was left wondering why I had to drive all that way to her just for the over-the-phone-should-do test result. (Ive always asked for a copy of the test results anyway.) She was not very helpful this time, and I was not satisfied. The medication she prescribed did improved my conditions somewhat, so I continued to use the already purchased meds; but decided to search for another more helpful doctor. Im quite happy with the new GYN that I have now.

Posted on May 27th, 2008

Dr. Beckerman is good, but the office staff is terrible. I always have to wait for long periods of time, I can never talk to a nurse when needed. Just trying to make an appointment can take 25 minutes holding on the phone. I had a reaction to some medicine and couldn't even talk to one of the nurses there. I am very frusterated with it.

Very unprofessional

Posted on May 16th, 2008

I have been a patient for 12 years too long. Stayed on because of her high ratings. I agree totally with the other reviewer who commented on her personality. I have been yelled at & berated by her. She has made many inappropriate comments and has called me from her car to let me know that I may be infertile. She told me that it was my body's way of letting me know that I was not meant to have kids. Real nice.

Posted on May 9th, 2016