Dr. Toby Zirkle Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Toby Zirkle?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 18th, 2015

I was 5 minutes late for my first appointment today and they refused to see me.

May 6th, 2015

By far the best G.P I have EVER had and I've had a few in my 44 years. If you don't have Diabetes, his knowledge is amazing...If you DO, there is no better choice.

July 1st, 2014

I have been a patient of doctor Z since 2006, he is the best.. I love that he listens to the patient and knows that they are not all txt book people.. he spends time explaining things and has the best bed side manner..we consider him not only our doctor but a friend and our life line when we are sick.. you couldn't ask for a better doctor..

February 17th, 2014

Dr.Z, is a amazing doctor,we have been going to him since he was in residency at st marks.. he is very understanding,and will spend time listening to you. He treats you like a individual not like a text book..probably the most caring Dr I know.. His staff is great,very friendly,and usually on top of things.. i will follow him any where.. you get 5 stars from me

November 1st, 2012

I think Doctor Zirkle is a good Doctor...But....

I like Doctor Zirkle, I feel like he listens to me however the follow up with this Doctor's staff is horrendous, neither one of his assistants ever call back when left messages and I usually have to call many times to get test results. I had some blood work done and instead of the assistants calling me back with the results I received a call from the referral company they use saying they were notified by Dr. Zirkles office that I was to make an appointment with a surgeon A.S.A.P and I had no idea why...very scary situation. When I began going to Dr. Zirkle it was at his old office and I was so impressed by his assistants follow-up, she used to call me at least once a week to check up on me so when he moved offices I followed him but have been very sorely disappointed in the care I get from his staff. It's like pulling teeth to get to talk to them or to get rx's renewed. I do love Dr. Zirkle but his office staff needs to be completely overhauled. I worked in the medical industry and the staffs treatment of their patients is totally unacceptable!

August 9th, 2012

I've never been to a less caring clinic. They don't call you with your results. They never pick up the phone or return phone calls after leaving several messages. The office staff and medical assistants are incredibly rude. I pay money to get some lab work done and I never hear from them again. No follow up, they couldn't care less about your health and helping you. I've never felt more uncomfortable with a doctor before.

Doctor's Response

I have no idea what happened with this patient's experience but I am very aware that my staff is never rude with patients as I hear them day in and day out interacting with patients and know they are caring people, which is why they work for me. The only time when patients do not receive their lab results is when they don't return calls, their inboxes are full or their numbers change as all patients are called, even with normal results. My staff spends most of their day answering calls, following up with patient calls, lab follow ups, etc. The day we stop caring will be the last day we show up for work.

August 17th, 2011

Great Doctor

I have been with Dr. Zirkle for a few years now. I think he is great. He is proactive in my healthcare. He even moved from a practice and I followed him. His attention to detail and his caring really makes it a good experience. I feel I always leave with motivation and a feeling that we are a team taking care of my health.

October 7th, 2010

Very unprofessional and negligent assistant/nurse

I am in total agreement with the previous reviewer, his assistant /nurse M. needs to be fired. Diabetic prescription renewal requests from my pharmacy faxed repeatedly are almost always ignored and I usually have to leave several messages, over a period of several days, for the nurse before she acts. Even when the doctor suggested I call him directly after hours if such problems arose, I was scolded by her for doing so. Dr. Zirkle is courteous, informative, and appears to take comprehensive patient notes. However, he was seemly slow to diagnose the seriousness of a critical medical condition for which I was later hospitalized. Were it not for his nurse, I probably would be able to recommend him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comment. Your concerns were helpful in pointing out deficiencies in my clinic. The person in question was replaced with a new medical assistant as the problem could not be corrected. There was also a problem with the phone messaging system which caused multiple similar issues with prescription requests and calls being dropped. I have since moved into a new office and the problem is no longer an issue. Thanks again for your comments which have helped improve my practice!

September 22nd, 2010

Dr. Zirkle's office needs major help. His Medical Assistant and/or Nurse needs to be fired she is rude, rude, and rude. She will never call you back. I guess she has forgot that not only am I a patient but also a paying customer. Very unsatisfactory medical care. I would advise that you go somewhere else. There are plenty of respectful, and professional medical providers out there.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comment. Your comment helped to recognize a problem which resulted in a staff change for the betterment of patient care and satisfaction. Thanks again for your input, which has helped improve my clinic!

February 1st, 2010

What a terrific doctor!

As I am in my sixties, I'm having a tough time dealing with the modern machine/technology driven medical world. Dr. Zirkle is the first dotor I've had in YEARS who LISTENS! While he is very low key, nothing gets past him. He cares for his patients deeply and treats each one as though his whole reason for showing up that day was to be there for you! He is everything a doctor used to be and should be!

Doctor's Response

Your comments made me smile Ms. Mclean. It was a pleasure getting to know you well and taking care of your medical needs. I was sad when you moved out of state. You are truly missed!

November 19th, 2009

This doctor really LISTENS to you. He is a kind and compassionate doctor and he is up-to-date on his info. His follow-up is excellent - even on weekends. He is thorough in tracking down symptoms and talks to you as a peer. This website doesn't let me input ratings but Dr. Zirkle gets A+++ in our family!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive feedback, especially considering most physician feedback given on the internet seems to be an outlet for venting. It's nice to know that there are caring people willing to go out of their way to stand up for what they believe in.

February 8th, 2017