Dr. Todd Alexander MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 17th, 2016
Removed Tumor Causing Pain
Gave great information before surgery of what he was planning on doing. Within a day of the surgery I could feel the difference, I had no more spasms or stabbing pain like I did the day before and was able to walk so much better, sit better and what I love the most was the amount of pain that went away,

June 29th, 2015
My brother in law was in a vehicle accident and broke his neck. This man was assigned to his care. My sister (wife) and I stayed at the hospital around the clock. There was so many things that went wrong from this man to the nursing care (after he was moved to the floor) @ rockford memorial. I am a RN so I was appalled. The doctor did nothing to help him, in the ER he refused to come in and see him,when he did finally come in (the second day we were there) it seemed to be a big inconvenience to this man. He was the rudist man I've ever met. He spent very minimal time and explained nothing. This was last fall and my brother in law is still having pain.

December 19th, 2014
Everything I have dealt with this Dr. Was wonderful! I saw some negative reviews and I really have no idea why. He was great to me and my entire family! Just amazing! I pray I never need it again but would return to him should I need to.

December 16th, 2013
Incredible surgeon but has very inconsistent Dr/patient relationships
Numerous microdisectomies to correct back problems after previous hip surgery (elsewhere) from long term use of crutches before hip surgery. Dr. A right on disagnosising and I know his surgery outcomes are usually excellent! My final outcome great! But got hematoma (internal bleeding from back surgery) causing intolerable pain after surgery - but had to request Pain Management MD myself for help. Hematoma not identified by hospital staff nor Dr A until I discovered my back/legs were black 5 days later after discharge. Dr A very judgmental of my concern about amount of pain; downplayed it; hospital visits were "in and out" after surgery; "no time" to talk with me about potential surgery complication even though had history of bleeding after another surgery. Dr A continued to be "short"/non communicative at office visits after surgery. I think Dr A is perfectionist and know he has done incredible work to further spinal and neurosurgery in Rockford - but is like a Dr Jeckel/Mr Heide personality when it comes to his relationships with his patients. He needs to increase his awareness and change this so he can be more effective in his work!

August 23rd, 2013
Mrs.
After suffering with horrific headaches for 11 months Dr. Alexander gave me my quality of life back! For that I am incredibly grateful. I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation Type one 8 months prior to seeing Dr. Alexander for the fist time. I had at that time one failed attempt seeing a doctor who felt it no need to help me. I am 8 weeks out of surgery today and feeling better than I have in a long time and I owe that to Dr. Alexander. Surgery was not a walk in the park but as I sit today I would not change a thing to get to where I am at today! Thank you Dr. Alexander and to you're staff.

August 3rd, 2013
Dr Alexander Saved my Life
Having an ER Doc tell me out of the blue that I have a brain tumor rocked my world. I was a little concerned living in the land of cornfields that I would not get the best care. I could not have been more wrong. Dr. Alexander and his staff have been amazing. Some of the reviews I have read complain that he lacks beside manner. I say for what I needed to know he was awesome. I am a no nonsense kind of guy, He told me he was going to get it out, and that was enough for me. He was best speaking to my family. They had a million questions that he stayed and answered every one. He is a very skillful surgeon and took that unwanted visitor out without any complications. He was realistic with the recovery, and his staff all know me by voice ( I have called in with every issue in the recovery). These people care about their patients and I would recommend Dr. Alexander to anyone that will listen.

June 15th, 2013
Like talking to a brick wall and get no where
Dr Todd Alexander did a fusion and laminectomy on my lower lumbar and what a disaster!! Not only did he talk him self up and give himself a 70% chance of helping which sounded great! However he failed to realistically explain what it was really going to be like what the real recovery would be like and he has terrible bedside manors! And let me be completely honest when you he's not friendly nor does him seem to care for his patients after surgery!! I've had extreme neg results and he won't do much about it other than say well you'll have to live with it so I'm going to another surgeon to correct the problems he created when he cut me open!!!! Be very carefully with this dr he's not what he seems after he's cut you!!!!

June 1st, 2013
He's like in'n'out w his patients
I had back surgery and am in worst pain then before surgery and dr Alexander says there's nothing he can do you must live with it instead or looking for the cause or sending me somewhere else! He won't help with any pain management nor does he even seem to care just says to bad it's something you'll have to live with!! Which has led me in awe how can u make things worst wont acknowledge it or help! He is one on the rudest drs I've meet and terrible bed side manner! Would never recomond!

February 24th, 2011
Dr. Alexander is an excellent dr. He explains what'

September 27th, 2010
After 2 operations by Dr Alexander I had to have another doctor straighten things out!

July 19th, 2010
He saved my butt
Very good surgeon.

April 28th, 2010
I was shocked to see a poor rating for Dr. Alexander on this site. In 2007, I herniated two lumbar discs and was virtually immobilized for weeks while jumping through insurance hoops. Dr. Alexander came highly recommended by my primary physician, pain management doctor and physical therapist and his staff was wonderful to work with. When I explained my situation, they scheduled me immediately.During my appointment, Dr. Alexander reviewed my MRI with me and made certain that I understood all treatment options, including the benefits and risks of surgery.When I elected to have surgery, he took me through every step of the recovery process and ensured that I was reaching recovery milestones.Post-op, his bedside manner was exactly what I needed: compassion for a patient in pain mixed with a "you can do this" push to keep moving toward recovery.Due to the delay in obtaining the necessary surgery (which, again was due to insurance requirements), I have experienced some residual nerve irritation. An MRI taken nearly three years after surgery reveals an expertly executed microdiscectomy at two levels with no complications.I was nothing but pleased by the care I received from Dr. Alexander and his team and I especially appreciated the time he took to ensure my complete understanding of both my condition and the treatment. He is an exceptional surgeon whom I would recommend to anyone requiring a surgical opinion in his field of expertise.