3.0

Use your own good judgement show details Use your own good judgement
by parent on May 21st, 2015

It has been almost 15 years since I took my teenager to see him and my blood still boils when I think about it. I brought my teen in for acne; it was moderate not severe. Dr. Anhalt wanted him to take accutane. I had read about the terrible side effects of accutane told him I did not want to give this to him. Dr. Anhalt looked me in the eye and said, "Why do you come here if you won't listen to me. You will be responsible for his social issues." I walked out of his office. Today, I read how terrible and overused this drug is, and I am grateful for using my own good judgement. Dr. Anhalt treated me several times prior to that. He is a good physician but has a huge ego.

Go see a different dermatologist show details Go see a different dermatologist
Oct 3rd, 2011

Weak service, terrible bedside manner. Not open to suggesting 'alternative' treatment. His ego got in the way of him completing a full exam on several issues. And any questions were met with challenge and judgement. Rumor says that he's good at diagnosing when others aren't successful. I'd use him as an absolute LAST resort. Not worth the money spent otherwise. I won't be going back.

Swift diagnosis, excellent treatment show details Swift diagnosis, excellent treatment
by PL Draper on Sep 9th, 2009

My granddaughter has had bad eczema all her life (she's only two) and despite several pediatricians and dermatologists, no one was able to offer her relief from the itching. Dr. Anhalt did it in one visit. Not only is the eczema completely under control, but she no longer itches and her skin looks beautiful. He was very realistic with what kind of treatment to use on a toddler (i.e. some doctors told us not to bathe her and toddlers can get very dirty!) I'm going to start going to him for all my dermatological needs. He's awesome!