Dr. Todd Brodie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 7th, 2016
The worst doctor and practice let me tell you how they bill the blood work so you know in advance. The normal procedure is to go to quest or Lab core and bill through quest or Lab Core. Dr Brodie’s office marks the order so Dr Brodie’s office is billed and when you get the bill you are responsible for more than you think because they pocket a percentage. I called my insurance company and they said it is not normal and you are paying more than if the bill went directly through the Lab. No other doctor bills like this and I called Dr Brodie’s office and they said they cannot change the billing. Keep in mind the first blood work I changed the order to bill direct through Quest and it was covered 100% Dr Brodie’s office told me if I do this again they will not submit the codes. DO YOU GET THE SCAM THEY ARE RUNNING IN THIS OFFICE. Talk to your insurance company and find out for yourself. Most people think this is normal it is not.

October 8th, 2016
ALWAYS WANTS MORE TESTS
I saw him twice. First, I thought that he was ok as he asked me a lot of questions about my symptoms, etc... At the end of the visit, he prescribed tests for Cushing's disease while telling me that he did not think that I had it. I checked on WebMD about the symptoms related to this disease and did not have one of them. During my second visit, I had a thyroid ultrasound and he wanted me to have a biopsy done by him. I took the appointment and canceled it. Besides, he always says that even if you have cancer, it can be cured.

September 25th, 2016
Felt Impersonal
I visited initially and follow up visits were done by his PA. He set me up for a thyroid test and a nerve test. I had another doctor in another city ...

September 26th, 2015
Beware!
Poor follow-up lead to Graves eye disease. Two years of double vision, before muscle surgery could b be done. Left with bulging right eye, chronic dryness and redness. Terrible doctor . This horrible experience has affected my entire life.

July 7th, 2015
At first seems like it's difficult to get an appointment within a reasonable time frame but because of their cancellation policy, if you get on a list to be called if there is a cancellation, you can get in much sooner. Experience as a new patient, Dr. Brodie was extremely through and took his time to gather comprehensive medical history. Very impressed with his bedside manner and that he did not seemed rushed to run out the door. Knowledgeable on treatment options.

May 12th, 2015
PA is the better choice

February 2nd, 2015
Dr Brodie Changed My Life!
I've been a patient of Dr Brodie's for 14 years, and I'm a real fan. He was the reason I lost weight (without ever telling me I needed to lose weight!), and have become so much healthier. The only reason I didn't give 4 stars for "Ease of Appointment", was because it takes a year to see him. HOWEVER, that's because he's so excellent! I'd recommend him to anyone with thyroid issues, or who was suffering through menopause. He's caring, funny, and great at his job!

August 5th, 2014
Mental Cruelty
Age based rationing of health care by Todd Brodie, M.D. is inexcusable and indefensible He approached, my mother, an 80 year old patient with a tumor on her thyroid and told her emphatically she was too old for surgery,. He stopped her thyroid medication and proceeded to tell her that eventually the tumor would grow and block her airway. This type of patient care is morally indefensible, has caused her terrible mental cruelty.

March 25th, 2014
Snippy Receptionist for a Qualified Physician
I have had four office visits and each time I have not been greeted by the receptionist. First words today were: "You owe a $25 copay for your last visit and $25 for today." I had been billed for my copay in the past and have always been prepared to pay at the time of visit. Everyone else i the office is pleasant and kind.

March 19th, 2014
Go elsewhere
Each time I visit the office I am made to feel as if they are doing me a favor by seeing me. Appointments are difficult to come by and are cancelled and re-scheduled on a whim by staff. I am officially done with this office. There is no reason to treat patients like this

December 28th, 2013
Looking for a doctor, KEEP LOOKING!
After 7 years of being patient, my 'patience' is gone. The doctor has left the room as I was still speaking, almost did a fine needle biopsy until I pointed out the nodule had been there for 3 years (he then looked at my chart and laughed saying 'good thing you said something'). There's no quality care, the office is too full of arrogance and rudeness, leaves no room for compassion and don't ever question their decisions - I was told to seek 'mental help'! I truly hope anyone reading this will find a different doctor, your health is too valuable to be put in this doctors hands. I've switched doctors, I've had enough of my symptoms being ignored and the implication I have a mental problem - completely unprofessional and just shows how truly incompetent they are. RUN away from this office, it's the smartest thing you can do.

November 27th, 2013
Don't recommend & won't go back!!!
Arrogant!! Accused me of being a hypochondriac ! Told me how he gave his own mother a placebo to shut her up! You only see him for initial visit then you see his nurse practioner who is in to holistic medicine and told me to try bio identical hormones!!! Office people very pleasant! I'm looking for someone new in Naples!!!!