Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Mental Cruelty  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2014

Age based rationing of health care by Todd Brodie, M.D. is inexcusable and indefensible He approached, my mother, an 80 year old patient with a tumor on her thyroid and told her emphatically she was too old for surgery,. He stopped her thyroid medication and proceeded to tell her that eventually the tumor would grow and block her airway. This type of patient care is morally indefensible, has caused her terrible mental cruelty.

|  Snippy Receptionist for a Qualified Physician  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

I have had four office visits and each time I have not been greeted by the receptionist. First words today were: "You owe a $25 copay for your last visit and $25 for today." I had been billed for my copay in the past and have always been prepared to pay at the time of visit. Everyone else i the office is pleasant and kind.

|  Go elsewhere  |  show details
by Seriously done on Mar 19th, 2014

Each time I visit the office I am made to feel as if they are doing me a favor by seeing me. Appointments are difficult to come by and are cancelled and re-scheduled on a whim by staff. I am officially done with this office. There is no reason to treat patients like this

|  Looking for a doctor, KEEP LOOKING!  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2013

After 7 years of being patient, my 'patience' is gone. The doctor has left the room as I was still speaking, almost did a fine needle biopsy until I pointed out the nodule had been there for 3 years (he then looked at my chart and laughed saying 'good thing you said something'). There's no quality care, the office is too full of arrogance and rudeness, leaves no room for compassion and don't ever question their decisions - I was told to seek 'mental help'! I truly hope anyone reading this will find a different doctor, your health is too valuable to be put in this doctors hands. I've switched doctors, I've had enough of my symptoms being ignored and the implication I have a mental problem - completely unprofessional and just shows how truly incompetent they are. RUN away from this office, it's the smartest thing you can do.

|  Don't recommend & won't go back!!!  |  show details
by Susan S. on Nov 27th, 2013

Arrogant!! Accused me of being a hypochondriac ! Told me how he gave his own mother a placebo to shut her up! You only see him for initial visit then you see his nurse practioner who is in to holistic medicine and told me to try bio identical hormones!!! Office people very pleasant! I'm looking for someone new in Naples!!!!

Sep 10th, 2012

Before visiting this doctore please read prior reviews on-line. My experience was like everyone else's. Terrible. This is a very unprofessional office from Dr. Brodie and his nonexistant follow-up appointments to his staff.

|  I like Dr. Brodie  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Brodie for 13 years and I find him to be a very good doctor. No doctor spends enough time with me in my opinion. But Dr. Brodie talks fast so you will need to be quick.

Aug 31st, 2011

Always takes time with me, always is concerned about what is happening with me and manages my care with other doctors well.

|  Dr. Brodie  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

Dr. Brodie is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him for the past ten years. Ruth, is an asset to Dr. Brodie and his team. Office Staff is very rude at times and unprofessional.

|  Folllows guidelines greatbif your body does  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

does not listen. It's all about having diabetes and marching in line with everyone else. You are notva person you are a number. Ibwaited too long for thus??? I could have read a drug company brochure and gone home

|  Office staff - very imcompetent and unprofessional and too high of an employee turn-over  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

Dr. Brodie is an excellent Doctor. He helped me address all my health issues. The main Nurse Practitioner, Ruth, is an excellent professional and an invaluable asset of Dr. Brodie's team. I have been a patient of Doctor Brodie for the past 8 years, he has seen my wife, mother, and son. During the course of these years, and with the exception of one office staff employee, I can definitively say that Dr. Brodie's office staff are the most under- performing and unprofessional people Dr. Brodie consistently has issues with. Office staff simply come and go too frequently; the patient-to-office staff relationship is always tense and with frictions. I hope that the latter is not an indication of Dr. Brodie's management and leadership style/skills. Dr. Brodie's office mgr should be fired.

|  Quality care is what is most important in a doctor  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2010

Professionalism and caring is what is most important in a doctor. Your doctor's decisions and attention to detail is what will make the difference in your health. This physician will be that professional, careful doctor. Wait time, etc. is the least important consideration where health is concerned.

by Jane Doe on Aug 4th, 2010

Best doctor in town!!!!!

Feb 22nd, 2010

Performs tests that are not medically necessary. Scheduled with his NP versus him. Only adjusts meds up or down and wants to prescribe cholestrol meds, BP meds, etc. Office staff school in processing patients versus caring for patients. NP is very nice and caring but too much dealing with her and not the doctor. My thyroid condition is still not under control.

|  Mrs. Charles North  |  show details
by Mrs. Charles E. North on Feb 19th, 2010

Dr. Brodie was able to solve the problem of my husband's intractable and absurdly high cholesterol and triglycerides by reducing the amount of expensive (and ineffective) drugs prescribed by other doctors. He was always pleasant and took the time to understand my husband's complex medical condition and to explain the recommended treatment. Dr. Brodie was great!!!

|  The best endocronologist I have ever been to  |  show details
by JSNM on Jul 22nd, 2009

As a woman, this is the first endo out of the five I have seen since being diagnosed with a thyroid disease in 1990 who has EVER done anything more than test my TSH. I was given a complete work over of my entire endo system, was given excellent advice and treatment for endo conditions that had gone unnoticed and undiagnosed by many quacks before him, and for this I am very grateful.

|  SONOGRAPHER  |  show details
by Graciela E. Jimenez on Mar 8th, 2009

Doctor Brodie practice the old fashion medicine, he takes time with patients, and care for their illness, listen to their personal issue, provide me with sample medication, and referme to the best doctor in the nation for a particular illnesses.God Bless him!!!

|  RUN, don't walk...away from him.  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2009

He doesn't appear to like women who ask questions--he wants you to take what he says and keep quiet. He couldn't even diagnose my low thyroid--instead, he wanted to send me to a psychologist---which I later found out he had done with at least two other women--who also didn't go! We all found other doctors who correctly diagnosed us. If my husband hadn't been with me on that last visit to observe, I might not have been able to convince him of what happened--it was so bizarre! (He had also farmed me out to every other specialty in his group for various testing).