Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  So glad my GP sent me here!  |  show details
by Becky on Aug 12th, 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly and informative. Dr. Doerr really made me feel comfortable when speaking to me about my various. He always included me in the decision making process and never just spoke at me.....That was wonderful! Thank you for helping me get back to doing the things I love to do and taking the time to walk me through my recovery!

|  Hip pain nightmare  |  show details
by Eyeguy2 on Jun 18th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Doerr for right side hip pain. MRI later, L5S1 on right side needed to be cleaned out. July 13 surgery, Dr.Doerr did both sides, as he said "it looked worse when I got in there". I had worse pain than in the beginning, was told a fusion would help. Insurance denied and this is where it all goes south. The office staff are condescending, the Dr. says he will fight with the insurance and lays down like a lamb. 18 months later, they cost me a ton is testing fees, my back is worse than before, and the office and Dr. say, we tried, good luck. What kind of Dr. gives up on a patient, the kind that is being hand fed patients and losing track of the real reason, which is to help each and every patient. Run, don't walk away from this place, there is nothing more serious than back surgery, and they drop the ball in all aspects of follow up, follow thru, and over all patient support. Do better homework than I did.

|  Do not Doerr  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

Rude and brusque and "superior" attitude. Ignored and brushed over what I had to say. Told me I could not have the issue I had...While 2 other doctors had tests to confirm. Find another Dr.

|  buyer beware!  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2013

After my spinal cord stimulatir surgery I knew something was wrong. The dr said not to worry the extra pain would go away. I couldn't use the stimulatir because it made my pain so much worse. I had to call his answering service, when he called back he actually laughed about my pain! A few days later my incision burst, lots of pus and blood. I had to have 4 emergency surgeries, the stimulator removed, 8" of my spinal column removed, and paralyzed! Two other drs at the hosp were upset because he wouldn't return their calls. He told me not to allow other drs to order tests on me (specifically MRI's) because he didn't want to do any more surgeries on me! So be extremely careful in choosing a dr...make them earn your trust before you let them touch you. This dr needs a big dose of humility.

|  Paula M  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2013

I like his confidence that he could heal me. I am now 6 month post fusion surgery . I am now 100% fused feeling great. Dr. Doerr skill is top notch he knows the back/spine and I feel he cared for me and my health and what was best for me. I can not say enough positive comments about Dr. Doerr

Sep 21st, 2012

I had serious low back problems with very bad pain for over three years. A neurosurgeon told me surgery could not be done. I went to Dr Doeer who spent all the time I wanted going over my MRIs and explaining everything. He said he could do the surgery but could offer no guarantee. Even I could tell from the MRI my back was a real mess and the surgery would be major. He did the all-day surgery. Guess what? No more back pain! To me he saved my life. His follow-up care has been grand.

|  spinal fusion patient Mrs. Ruth Thomson  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

Dr. Doerr has always treated me with kindness & the best of care. His whole office treats you like you were a member of his family. I would not go to ANY other doctor for my back care & treatment. I only trust Dr. Doerr with my back!! He is definitely the best!

Jun 26th, 2012

It is very sad that a superior surgeon is so busy that he would resort to having his practice placed in the hands of substandard office personnel and a junior PA to eval his clients. Do not even get me started on the wait I had to visit with his PA that is quick to prescribe meds as a fix to a previous patient with chronic documented conditions. WOW --- Going through the same ole same ole. I went out of my way to made an appointment with Dr. Doerr based on his history with my condition and I get matched up with a PA? Seriously - this PA started at ground zero by comparing my spine and degenerative condition to a jelly donut. Wow I'm in chronic pain and very in tune with my condition and I get this? I will never travel the distance to this office to be discounted as I have by this obviously exhausted Doctors staff. AND as a previous patient being treated in this discounted manner I will discontinue my recommendations to his practice.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

Last week I had spinal fusion on L4-L5 & L5-S1. He explained all processes of the surgery to my understanding. He walked me through the entire process. Was at my bedside everyday that I was in the hospital to see that my needs were met and what to expect. The most amazing thing to me is that he got me a bouquet of flowers for my room. I have never heard of a doctor purchasing flowers to a patient!!!

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr. Doerr is an amazing doctor. My low back was very messed up, and he was the only surgeon who would fix it. He forever changed my life! His office staff is so easy to work with and very pleasant. Although they couldn't get me in right away, it was well worth the wait!

|  This guy does not care  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

I admit I was expecting alot more from this guy. The follow up referral was never completed by the office staff, the doctor never listened to my problem and then shuffled me out the door with no resolution to my concerns. This guy did nothing for me. Do not waste your time or money here.

|  Dr. Doerr is wonderful!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

Dr. Doerr is very compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable and speaks in lemans terms. He is very conservative and only recommends surgery if it is necessary. His staff is wonderful and makes you feel part of their family. I would recommend Dr. Doerr to anybody. I have suffered from chronic back pain for a long time and Dr. Doerr is the only one who could help me. I owe him my life!

Dec 14th, 2010

Bad bedside manner. Made me feel rushed--he didn't readily give me information. I had to pry it out of him.

|  picked wrong profession  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

When it comes to health try to pick wisely!

|  Takes his time!!!  |  show details
by Mary on Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Doerr had wonderful bedside manner during my visits. He took the time to answer all of my questions. I never felt rushed and always had his full attention. He was so wonderful to my young kids, who I had to bring to my appointments. They would ask questions and he would answer those as well. His staff was just as wonderful to all of us. I am so glad I was able to find such a caring and talented doctor. When I scheduled my operation I knew I was in good hands with Dr. Doerr. His wife was such a joy to see in the office also. She was so cute and friendly.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Deborah Chiaramonte on Jun 5th, 2009

Dr. Doerr has a wonderful bedside manner. He explains things in simple terms,. He is not an alarmist and offers many options and time to think about them all.

|  Best in town  |  show details
by stud0007 on Jun 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

FANTASTIC ,TALENTED, SUPERIOR WITH PATIENTS OF ALL AGES VERY CARING WITH THE PATIENTS.He devotes a great deal of extra time to listen to his patients needs.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com