Dr. Todd Giese, MD
Internist, Pediatrician
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Highly Recommend Dr Todd Giese in Crystal Lake, IL show details Highly Recommend Dr Todd Giese in Crystal Lake, IL
by Ed on Jul 8th, 2013

Oustanding care from Dr Todd Giese & Everyone at his office !! Highly Recommended !! Friendly, Thorough, Professional & great communication.

Aug 21st, 2012

Such a big heart and great at what he does!

Finding Jesus at Dr. Office show details Finding Jesus at Dr. Office
Aug 2nd, 2012

Did not appreciate this doctors opinions. Why should I pay him to give me the same message that I receive from my pastor! Jesus saves, does he also pay my doctors bills? My religous preferences should not be his concerns, since I has there for physical concerns not psychological.

Finally found the doctor I have been looking for! show details Finally found the doctor I have been looking for!
Jul 30th, 2012

Dr. Giese is a real doctor that treats the patient and does not have that reflex action to write a quick prescription. He is the best of both worlds really. He is up-to-date on medicince and practical about application. What a relief. I have been searching for about 8 years.

Awful doctor show details Awful doctor
Jul 28th, 2012

So this doctor does not believe in pain medications. He does not believe in birth control. I was in the hospital and he preached to me and said that I will be in pain but not to take any medications. He was horrible. He accused me of being addicted to narcotics! He does not like it if you challenge his beliefs. Did he not have to take the oath of "do no harm"? I think he is the worst doctor ever and would never recommend anyone see him, even in an emergency.

Doctor to Avoid! show details Doctor to Avoid!
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr Giese used to be a good physician. Now he feels that if you are not a spiritual person and don't read the bible every night for at least 1-2 hours, you will not have good health.

A Doctor who Cares show details A Doctor who Cares
Oct 26th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Giese for many years now and both me and my son think he is a great. I have read some reviews that say he is unprofessional, I would definitely not say, what I like most about him is that he is personable. If really cares about his patients both from a health perspective and personally. If he is asking more questions its because he wants to get to know you because he cares. If you are looking for a stuffy boring Doctor who barely asks any questions or talks to you and rushes like he cant wait to get out of the room than Dr. Giese is not for you there are plenty of those doctors around. Sometimes you do have to wait awhile at the office but I dont mind because when it is my turn he doesnt rush me and takes time to listen and answer all my questions.I have also been pleased with the others doctors there.

Religion Has No Place in a Medical Office... show details Religion Has No Place in a Medical Office...
Jul 26th, 2011

I saw Dr. Giese first upon recommendation and a few other times when other doctors in the practice were unavailable. On one occassion, I had visited due to a throat infection - I was asked about my current prescriptions, one of which was birth control, and was then subjected to his strong religious tirade about how sex will never mean anything to me because I'd had it outside of marriage. He went on to spew his opinion about how my future marriage was going to be forever tarnished due to my pre-marital sexual encounters. I was in such shock that I couldn't even say a word. Another visit to Dr. Giese (trust me, if I hadn't been desperate I would not have gone back) for a mild case of tonisillitis resulted in horrible side effects due to the "overkill" strength of prescription he gave me. Most doctors would prescribe penicillin, which had always done the trick for me, but instead he prescribed the same antibiotic given to anthrax patients (Levaquin). Besides paying over $100 when I could have paid $4, every bacteria in my body, good & bad, was wiped out and I suffered with the results for a month after. I've learned my lesson and went to another practice altogether.

Dr Giese is a great doctor show details Dr Giese is a great doctor
Jan 27th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Giese for a couple of years. I have found him to be pleasant to talk to, easy to communicate with and above all a great Doctor. I don't see him often but when I do I know I will get great care. The negative posts that are on here certainly don't sound like the Dr. Giese that I know.

Unprofessionalism. show details Unprofessionalism.
Dec 15th, 2010

When he entered the room, he shook my hand, and began asking a slew of confrontational, rude, questions. He was sarcastic in tone. I advised him I was not there to discuss his questions, but was there because I was in extreme pain, and wanted to stick to the exam. He exploded, he stood up, opened the door, and yelled in the office area "you dont give me attitde", then slammed my file down on the receptionists table and yelled "cancel it", and left in a huff down the hall. I collected my check, and waked out. Frieghtening experience. Utter and total unprofessionalism.

Apr 1st, 2010

I saw Dr. Giese on 2 occasions. Both times I was prescribed extemely narcotic drugs for simple issues (cough, neck pain) which I could not take. Also, I felt extremely uncomfortable by his bedside manner. He was overly touchy to the extreme.

by Mike R. on Dec 4th, 2008

Great Doctor! Very attentive toward patients and family. Extremely easy to get appointments the same day or with any other doctor in the pratice.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
Jun 9th, 2008

I've been seeing Dr Giese for nearly 10 years, usually just once, maybe twice a year. He has treated me appropriately, and almost feels like more of a friend than my Dr.