Todd S Harris, MD
Hernia, General, and Laparoscopic Surgeon

4501 Birch St
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-221-0136
Locations and availability (1)

|  excellent care, skills and facilities  |  show details
by Steve W on Aug 30th, 2014

Before my surgery I remember reading an online post that said the difference between long term success and potential complications is the skill of the physician. I am so glad I chose to drive 250 miles to be treated by Dr. Harris. It's been 60 days since my surgery, and I am back into my regular workout routine and feeling no ill effects. My post-op recovery went just as he and his helpful staff said it would. Everyone I spoke to was kind and professional, which is exactly what I was hoping for when I went shopping online for an Orange County surgeon. The staff at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center are efficient and professional. I spent very little time waiting for treatment, which was good because this was my first surgery and I was a little nervous. Everyone involved made my experience feel very routine; i.e, "Surgery is what we do every day. There's nothing to worry about." I always felt like I was in very good hands. And the facilities were state of the art. I recommend Dr. Harris and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center to anyone in need of surgical care. I hope I don't need another surgery soon, but if I do Dr. Harris will be the first person I call. Thank you to Dr. Harris and his kind, professional staff.

|  I have my life back  |  show details
by Karen V on Aug 22nd, 2014

The doctors office was extremely responsive. I had a consultation made within 24 hours of inquiring with their office of my health issue. Dr. Harris meets with you personally and answers any questions that you may have and encourages to call anytime if you have more questions. I am so glad I took charge of my own health and researched my options because it led me to finding Dr. Harris and his team. I now have my life back and I am not suffering the way that I was before.

|  Top-notch surgeon  |  show details
by Gordon Cruise on Aug 14th, 2014

Hi, I am just 5 weeks post-op for my hernia with Dr. Todd Harris, and am extremely pleased with the results. He went in through my bellybutton, and there is no noticeable scar. The operation took 45 minutes, the pre-op meeting with Dr. Harris was very clear, and the post-op meeting last week was very professional. I am Canadian, and up North we don't get or even expect such great healthcare, and I would have waited over 2 years for this operation to get done... glad I came down to see the 'Hernia Pro'... Merci beaucoup!!! Thanks to all his staff for streamlining the whole event! Gordon

|  Dr. Harris is the Best!  |  show details
by Tim Martin on Aug 12th, 2014

I researched several doctors for my surgery and chose doctor Todd Harris. I live in Rancho Mirage, California, 2 hours away from his office. I talked to him about my hernia over the phone, he e-mailed me, he treated me like doctors used to treat patients 40 years ago, with respect. If you want a doctor that knows you, and treats you as if you are important to him and his practice, then this is the doctor for you. He genuinely cares for his patients. Dr. Harris you are the BEST!!

|  Dr.  |  show details
by Philip Martin on Jul 24th, 2014

One word: Smooth! From beginning to end …perfect!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Keri on Jul 24th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Harris and if needed would definitely return to his care again. First off, I picked Dr. Harris for 2 reasons: he’s in-network on my insurance & based on the many positive reviews I read on Vitals.com. My GI doctor actually recommended someone else, however the other doctor’s office did not leave me with a very good impression when I tried to set up an appointment. So I went researching for a different surgeon. That was pretty scary since I didn’t know anyone in the area who had personal knowledge of any of the doctors available. You always hope you are “lucky” in your choice……but you never know. I’m glad to say my gallbladder surgery went about as smoothly as possible! I had laproscopic and other than being a little tired afterwards I was back to my life after 2 days. I did not take ANY pain pills after the surgery (I was afraid I would get nauseous/sick) because I only had a little discomfort for 1/2 hour after the procedure (& I'm pretty wimpy). Dr. Harris is very friendly and seems to really want honest feedback. I was impressed even before I had my first appointment with him-his website says that if you contact them they will get back to you within 24 hours & they do! I sent an e-mail using his website & got a response on the weekend! His office hours seem a bit limited (I think he only takes office visits one day a week?) but as a surgeon he is out of the office a lot. I got an appointment within 3 weeks of contacting them (obviously this was not emergency surgery). One note about his website-it focuses primarily on hernia repair so I didn’t know if he did other types of surgery. He does- I had gallbladder surgery from him. If I had not further contacted the office I would have gone on to pick a different doctor. Dr. Harris presents himself as confident and knowledgeable but is much more approachable than some surgeons I've had in the past. He explains the process well but also takes the time to answer your questions. Take a list with you-he will address them all. I was very concerned about the anesthesia making me sick (past experience) after the surgery and Dr. Harris & the anesthesiologist both spent a lot of time addressing my concerns about that before I went under. Health-wise I am very satisfied with my surgery experience with Dr. Harris. I feel great so I assume he is very skilled. In addition he just seems like a very nice and caring person. I felt I was treated as an individual and did not feel rushed at all. In a world where it feels like other office visits last only 5-minutes I felt his office stood out. They also kept pretty close to schedule-I really appreciate that my time was respected as I had to leave work early to make my appointments on time. During my follow up appointment I was given a copy of the surgical report which was interesting reading although technically over my head. If you want details you get them. Also, Dr. Harris sent out an e-mail following up to see how I was doing after my surgery & follow up office visit. After receiving my feedback he acted immediately to expedite my refund (see below). All the staff has been helpful & experienced. On the office side, I liked that they have all their intake patient forms in Acrobat forms format so they can send them to you electronically before your visit. There is no waiting around for snail mail or spending ½ hour at their office writing. You can fill them in at your leisure but if you aren’t computer literate that might pose a problem. I will note that there were 2 paperwork date errors in papers the office provided me with. This made me a little nervous about what my overall experience would be. The paperwork stating when my surgery would be was a month off (a typo I presume). My disability paperwork stated I would return a day earlier than what we had agreed to beforehand. I cleared up the surgery date over the phone. The disability paperwork took a while for me to sort out with our HR department-if you show up back to work a day “late” it is grounds for dismissal. The paperwork is not trivial. My other disappointment is their billing system. Be prepared to pay $25 for your disability forms processing (this seems to be pretty standard these days). They collect copays at the time of your office visit which is standard. But they also collect the surgical copay before the surgery. That means you get charged what they THINK your insurance company will say you will owe. In my case I overpaid over $300 and had to wait for a refund. I do not consider that a trivial sum. My surgery was 5/29 and received my refund on 7/22. I had to talk to 2 different offices to even find out how to get my money back. I realize some of the delay is caused by the time it takes to process the insurance claim but in all other surgeries I've had I was billed my portion after the insurance dance was complete, not before. Also, during the first office visit I had they were playing Mexican music in the reception area. It was kinda jumpy and unsettling. The next time I went in something more mellow was playing and it was a lot more relaxing. Otherwise the office atmosphere was very attractive.

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Tina Thuy Le Bliss on Jun 26th, 2014

Doctor Harris was very nice to me and my husband. He took the time to listened and explain to us of my condition and what procedure would be best and affordable for us . His staff was well manners and helpful too.,

|  Outstanding Doctor!!!  |  show details
by Howard George on Jun 5th, 2014

Dr. Harris is not only a top draw physician... he is caring and patient friendly. His prognosis was on the money and gave me peace of mind and comfort.

by Brian on Apr 30th, 2014

I was in and out within the scheduled time. Was shocked and very appreciative of the follow up. I am honestly not used to Dr's taking the time...a much welcomed surprise.

|  THIS IS THE PLACE  |  show details
by Jerry Maras on Apr 10th, 2014

If you should find yourself in need of a hernia surgery this is the place to go. Very professional, and reliable office staff. Dr. Harris was exceptional and was more than willing to take the time to discuss my condition and answer any questions. After my follow up I was back on the golf course in no time!

|  Great doctor, great experience!  |  show details
by Henry H. on Apr 10th, 2014

Had an open hernia repair surgery done by Dr. Harris a few weeks ago, and the whole process couldn't have gone any better. Highly recommended.

|  Dr. Harris is the best.  |  show details
by Paul on Apr 3rd, 2014

He has a great temperament and listens carefully to everything you say. He is very clear with his explanations and details out all of the risks of treatment. His staff was eager to help and they were very accommodating with schedules. They made my hernia surgery an extremely easy process from start to finish.

|  Great Experiene  |  show details
by Jackie M on Mar 6th, 2014

My first surgery was with Dr. Harris and he is absolutely a wonderful doctor hands down. He was very calm when we spoke which made the conversation about my options for surgery easier to handle. He is very knowledgeable and answered all the questions and concerns that I had. My surgery went very well, a short recovery time. I even had a follow-up appointment to make sure that everything was fine and just today Dr. Harris followed up on my follow-up with an email...now this is great patient follow-up. I can say that I really appreciate the staff and Dr. Harris for getting me back to normal. I would totally recommend Dr. Harris to all my friends and family.

by Amy m. on Feb 26th, 2014

Great overall experience with Dr. Harris, office staff, surgery center. Dr. H is a lovely combination of professionalism, confidence and relaxed warmth.

by John Reager on Feb 20th, 2014

I highly recommend this practice. My hernia repair went exactly as I was told and the entire procedure was the best surgery experience I have had. Thank you

|  Surgery  |  show details
by Gabriel on Feb 18th, 2014

Dr. Harris did an outstanding job with my procedure. He explain in detail the surgery and recovery process. Great personality! Has a great staff overalll...Thanks

|  hernia surgery  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

Everything went well. Dr. Harris is knowledgable. Mari did great followup.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Friend Mossad on Feb 10th, 2014

Dr. Harris have a great personality, very friendly & caring attitude, made me feel like he knew me with his welcoming approach. Dr. Harris put a great effort to save the nerve located near the opening cut. because of his caring & determination, I had remarkable recovery, which I was able to stop taking the pain medication after one day of surgery and I was up an able to take care of my self right after I arrived home from surgery. God Bless him & his gifted hands for all his Clients.

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
by Steven Clemens on Feb 1st, 2014

The entire experience with Dr. Harris and his staff has been wonderful. My surgery went well with very little pain. The recovery was short and I have had no side effects. He described the procedure and recovery in advance and every step was exactly as he said it would be. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Harris and wish him and his staff the very best.

by Chris K on Jan 31st, 2014

Great surgery, tiny scar and great recovery. Back in the gym in no time. Thanks Doc!

|  Opern Hernia Repair Surgery  |  show details
by Pankaj Gadani on Jan 29th, 2014

I had a very positive experience getting my Hernia Repair Surgery. I was informed ahead time what to expect at each step of the way by Dr. Harris. I was back to work few days after the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Harris for Hernia Repair Surgery. He is very professional and approachable surgeon.

|  Successful spigelian hernia surgery  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2014

First, I'm coming up on five weeks after my surgery, and consider the operation itself to be a complete success. The symptoms of my hernia are gone, and the healing process went as expected. So, although I have only limited means to assess Dr. Harris's surgical skills, so far, so good. The thing I appreciated most about my experience was that Dr. Harris actually *listened*. I had previously been to another surgeon who, in spite if me repeatedly telling and showing him where the problem was, continued to focus on another area, both during in-office visits and via the ultrasound he ordered. It seemed like that other doctor only knew about inguinal hernias, and thus that's all he knew to look for. I stopped going there, and found Dr. Harris. It was a completely different experience. He listened to me describe my symptoms, felt in that area, asked some questions about how it acted and what it felt like, and quickly came to a preliminary conclusion of spigelian hernia, which he later confirmed with a CT scan. He was very helpful to explain everything to me and answer my questions. In addition to Dr. Harris's demonstrated skills and experience, I found the office staff to be extremely helpful, efficient, and friendly. It was a great experience all around. I hope to never have another hernia surgery, of course, but would go back to Dr. Harris, and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

|  Gallbladder stones and Gallbladder Removed  |  show details
by Diana Ruelas on Jan 14th, 2014

After being in pain for a month and being in and out of hospital at saddleback memorial hospital. And being told we can't to see what wrong with you . I was very disappointed and discourage returning back to emergnancy. My mother in law took me to Hoag hostiptial and after find the cause of my pain. Me meeting Dr. Harris and him letting me know what was causing my pain( gallstones) I'm was so pleased and happy. Dr. Harris explain to me everything from the beginning to the end of my surgery. What I will expect during after and recovery time. I recommend to Dr. Harries to all my friends. Wonderful experience plus my family very greatful and my kids as well. God bless and thank you.

|  Best outcome, Great doctor.  |  show details
by J. Soules on Jan 14th, 2014

I am a Electrical Engineer who tends to analyze everything so I can understand or better understand things going on around me. I don't like doctors too much, most times I feel as though they are just guessing at possibilities which drives me nuts. I understand the nature of the human body is not like that of a electrical circuit, but you get the point. Dr. Harris was a refreshing surprise, not only was he friendly, but he had an intelligent answer for every question I had. Which were very few by the way, since he so thoroughly covered the procedure and recovery. He did a wonderful job and I was back on my feet and back at work with little pain in four days. Thanks Dr. Harris, I thank you and so does my Soccer team!!

|  hernia is history  |  show details
by Sam on Jan 2nd, 2014

All round great. Clear communication. Efficient office. Efficient surgery (parts i awake for;). Very smooth all round.

|  Recent Hernia Surgery  |  show details
by Dan Houston on Dec 16th, 2013

Professional Staff, very helpful, scheduled my surgery very rapidly, answered all of my questions. Highly recommended. And most important, my recovery was rapid and complication free.

|  Hernia Surgery  |  show details
by Abey zewde on Dec 5th, 2013

Dr Harris Todd Hernia specialists Recently I had Hernia surgery with Dr Todd Harris on 10/18/13. From the start my visit to the end of my surgery I received clear explanations of the process it takes with excellent patient friendly atmosphere. Most of all the surgery was done with a professional manner and I felt my problem was taking care of by an excellent workman ship. I am in very good condition right now. Overall I think Dr Harris proved to me he is an excellent doctor in all aspect. Abey Zewde

|  The BEST!  |  show details
by Richard Fineo on Dec 4th, 2013

Who wants hernia surgery? No one-but if the need arises and you want a restoration to the quality of your life there is no one better than Dr. Harris. On time, knowledgeable, skilled and warm-they do not get any better than this guy. I would recommend him 100%

|  Outstanding in every way  |  show details
by Robert C. on Dec 4th, 2013

Total experience was wonderful. Never a wait when an appointment was scheduled. Dr. Harris listens, looks at you and is patient and responsive.. Recovery was rapid and I can't imagine a better surgeon anywhere.

by Randy on Nov 20th, 2013

I want to think Dr. Harris for the Great treatment that he gave me for my hernia repair. I would highly recommend Dr. Harris and his staff,

by Al C. on Nov 19th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Harris - I was referred by a former patient and fellow OC Tri Club member (who also happens to be a MD) and I couldn't be more satisfied with my experience. Dr. Harris gave me lots of information and I knew what to expect at every point. Thank you!

|  Sports Hernia corrected after 15 years  |  show details
by Albert K on Nov 5th, 2013

For fifteen years I’ve been plagued with a sharp pain in my right groin, which inhibited movement in my right leg. I saw numerous doctors over the years and even had MRI’s and CT scans. I continued to go undiagnosed. This past year I began researching my symptoms on the internet because I had a sneaking suspicion I had a hernia. I came across Dr. Todd Harris’ web page which covered different variations of hernias. His description of a Sports Hernia matched my symptoms exactly. I met with Dr. Harris in August, he verified immediately that I indeed had a sports Hernia. I was so thankful that I finally had an explanation for the pain I suffered for so many years. In October Dr. Harris operated on the hernia and it was a success. A week later I already feel like I have a new body. I am grateful to Dr. Harris for ending this long struggle. In addition, I appreciated Dr. Harris' thorough explanation of my diagnosis and his great follow-up.

Doctor's Response

I know that visiting a surgeon for the first time can be a scary experience. That's why I want to express my gratitude to my patients who take the time to fill out Patient Surveys about their experience with myself, and my office. I hope that all of the feedback from my prior patients helps ease the anxiety for my future patients! Thank you to all my prior patients, Todd S. Harris, MD, FACS

|  An Honest Positive medical experience - "soups to nuts!"  |  show details
by Tony Fryer on Nov 1st, 2013

Thanks to a direct referral from one of my client's ( her husband ), I compared Dr. Harris' services & reviews, with those of both local hospitals and "Medical Tourism" options. I decided on Dr. Harris, made the initial office visit & consultation; worked out the logisitics for overnight stays with Dr. Harris staff arranging hotel reservations ( I live 330 miles north of Newport Beach ); contracted local caregiver ( Premiere Home Health Care, Huntington Beach ) to assist on surgery day and my next day follow-up. Day two consultation was upbeat and positive - no complications - sore yes, yet "good to go." Over the next couple of days I followed both Dr. Harris' post surgery recommendations and others from online searches. My review ( written two weeks later ) as I move about doing my work, visiting with clients requiring driving, and returning to my afternoon exercise program ( starting very slow & easy ). I highly recommend Dr. Harris & his staff. On the financial playing field, my out of pocket literally ( the whole "meal" ) expenses were clearly stated - no surprises ( caregiver, pre-tests, medication, hotel ) or what have you. Please read the other reviews, since I would repeat most of what has been posted. Honest, trusting, sincere and really put my at ease with this major surgery - Dr. Harris has my confidence. Thank you very much Dr. Harris ( I would have said "thank you Todd," ) but respect prevents me due his professionalism and my outcome.

|  Truly Amazing  |  show details
by Andy V on Oct 30th, 2013

I injured myself 02/19/2013 and had a HMO at the time of my injury. It took me two months just to see a Dr the whole time I was in pain. Once I had seen the Dr., he tried everything in his power to delay the surgery due to my policy being a HMO and I wasn’t able to get the surgery I needed so badly. I went to Dr Todd Harris months later to try again and see if I could get this fixed once and for all. He was very down to earth, HONEST, and explained what needed to be done in detail. His staff was simply amazing, I had financial difficulties and they worked with me which is something most Dr.’s do not do and I know this from experience. I have had a lot of surgeries over the last 15yrs and I can truly say this was the easiest, safest, fastest, painless service I have ever had. I was truly amazed and highly recommend Dr Harris and his staff to anyone. You can’t go wrong with this team.

|  Double Inquinal Surgery  |  show details
by David Ross on Sep 19th, 2013

My experience with Doctor Harris and his staff was exceptional. I was well informed on what to expect and they were right on. My hernias were large due to excessive weight lifting and heavy backpacking over the years. The surgery went very well and my post-op recovery has been excellent. I would recommend Dr. Harris to anyone needing a hernia surgery. Thank you!!!

|  Patient-centered excellence  |  show details
by Jon Tveten MD on Sep 18th, 2013

It is a pleasure to recommend Dr Harris and his team to anyone needing hernia surgery. My initial research identified Dr Harris as the go-to surgeon for hernias based on his focus and extensive experience. With that kind of technical expertise Dr Harris could probably get away with horrible bedside manner, but he and his staff could not have been more friendly, caring , and helpful. I was well prepared with what to expect preop, intraop, and postop, but my experience was much better than advertised!

|  Rare 4 Stars  |  show details
by ThirdHerniaSurgery on Sep 5th, 2013

This was my first surgery with Dr. Harris and I rarely give anybody 4 stars across the board on a review. Dr. Harris and his staff are a rare exception. I always look for constructive criticism but none is warranted in this case. Everything from the initial consultation to the final billing was exceptional customer service and care. I personally did not need any of the prescribed pain medication after the surgery. Most Dr's can barely remember your name 30 minutes after speaking with them. Dr Harris takes a sincere interest in his patients. I was pleasantly surprised in the follow-up appointment that Dr Harris remembered in detail the conversations we had during the initial consultation and just before we went into surgery. -Eric S.

|  My first surgery ever.  |  show details
by Jeremy Lowry on Aug 14th, 2013

Thank you very very much for all you help. In makeing my first surgery a comforting one. I was rather nervouse. Dr Harris and his team exceeded my expectations. All the way from the my first visit ,checking in at the front deck greeted with warm smiles. Mari was in charge of handing all my case. She was great. She answer all my questions and emails. Believe me I called her alot. Dr Harris, I wish you were my regular general doctor. He is very informative and caring. Than you very much doc. Before. I came to see you. I was almost completely convinced that no body in the medical field cared anymore. Thanks for giving me a different perspective. As for my physical condition recovery went well. I feel alot stronger and healthier. I would recomend any and all to come to have Hernia Specialist get you on the right path to healthier living....

|  Self-Defense instructor and Reserve soldier  |  show details
by Jim Wagner on Jul 17th, 2013

Due to my very intense jobs I had developed two hernias. I knew I had to take care of them and I did some research on the Internet. I was so impressed with Dr. Harris' website, because it was very informative, that he was my first choice on the list. After meeting with him personally I knew that he was the one I wanted to do my surgery. Dr. Harris performed the surgery and fixed me right up. I followed all of his directions and I healed up perfectly. I was able to go back to work. I'm very happy having chosen Dr. Harris.

Jul 17th, 2013

After being uncomfortable with the overly aggressive treatment plan I was given by my Kaiser doctor, I decided to get a second opinion. My brother in law had recently seen Dr. harris and recommended him highly, he was very professional and much more conservative than my previous doctor. I felt much more comfortable with him and it turns out his fee out of pocket was the same as my insurance co pay. A couple weeks after surgery I am doing great and havent had any of the complications my first doctor told me to expect. I am very pleased and would recommend highly.

|  Wholeheartedly recommend  |  show details
by Mark Rogers on Jul 1st, 2013

I came to Dr. Harris based on his reviews on various medical sites and on Yelp (yes...Yelp). His bedside manner and time to explain the causes and corrective actions that needed to be done we fantastic. The surgery and followup care were consistent with the professionalism of his practice.

Doctor's Response

|  Would do it again tomorrow  |  show details
by Per A. Hernholm on Jun 30th, 2013

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Harris to anyone. I have already done so to a friend and to my regular doctor, Dr Paul Willis. I was at the surgery center for less than four hours withe a very nice staff and a doctor that made me confident of a successful operation. I was off pain medication after four days and have had no pain since before the surgery! Dr. Harris put me at ease from the first time Imet him, trough the surgery and my follow up appointment. Dr. Harris gets my highest approval possible. Thanks for the care you and your staff gave me. Per A. Hernholm

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Fred E. on Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Harris performed my laparoscopic bilateral hernia repair. I was apprehensive at first, but he and his staff made me feel comfortable and reassured from the first office visit. The surgery was perfect and the follow-up exceptional. No wonder Dr. Harris has such a great reputation. Thanks Dr. Harris!

|  Hernia repair, 2013  |  show details
by John M. on Jun 25th, 2013

I wanted to review Dr. Harris and his staff very highly. They were very helpful during the entire process and I would recommend them.

|  Home Mortgage Consultant  |  show details
by Amir Nader on Jun 24th, 2013

Dr. Harris is a wonderful doctor. He clearly knows his stuff. His office staff were very organized and friendly. My father's hernia repair was completed and we were out of the surgery center in less than 3 hours and no complications after surgery. If you are looking for a great surgeon Dr. Harris is it.

|  great recco for those who need surgical treatment  |  show details
by Mike N-M on Jun 19th, 2013

Very in-depth explanation of process needed for treatment and of post operative expectations. Dr. Harris brings the perfect balance of technical expertise and patient interaction. Always felt I was in the best possible hands!

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Dr. John on May 6th, 2013

As a fellow doctor in Orange County, I've worked with a number of different medical and surgical practices. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and can't think of anything that I would recommend you do different or better. Everyone was very helpful and my laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery went great! I would recommend you to any other doctors in the community or any patients that want excellent care.

|  Exceptionally skilled and caring  |  show details
by Christina Moritz on May 2nd, 2013

We put up a collection in our church for hernia surgery for one of our uninsured members, George. My search led us to Dr. Harris. We visited Dr. Harris' clinic in Newport Beach and met with Dr. Harris. He answered all of our questions clearly. He was professional and caring. The clinic was spotless and the staff outstanding. We knew that George was in good hands. The surgery was successful and only with minimal pain for 3 days. We are very grateful to have found Dr. Harris and his exceptional staff. We highly recommend him.

Apr 17th, 2013

I want to thanks Dr Harris and his staff for the wonderful job in the hernia operation. I will highly recommend them.

|  Hernia Surgery  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

Dr Harris was kind very easy to talk with. He took the time that was needed to examine my problem, explaining the procedure along with options (In terms that I can understand). His skills match his words. His facility is very clean, and staff are top notch. I am now fully recovered and could not be happier with the results! Thanx Dr. Harris I would recommend you to anyone!

|  Jiu Jitsu  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2013

I am a Jiu Jitsu instructor and own my own studio. I had surgery with Dr. Harris and am now back to 100%. I recently took a kick right to the hernia site and I felt fine. I would refer any of my students to Dr. Harris

|  Painless!  |  show details
by Ken M. on Mar 13th, 2013

My visit with Dr. Harris and his staff was about as painless as it can get...literally! Recovery was very quick, due in part I have to assume, to the expert work of Dr. Harris and his magic scalpel. It has been less than a month, and I have already been walking, running and playing tennis for more than two weeks. I recommend the Dr. and his office highly.

|  Things that go bump in the night  |  show details
by Dr. William Stanford on Mar 7th, 2013

So...the bump in the night was a pain located in my right groin and became self evident that I had acquired a hernia. I researched multiple websites on-line that were experts in the field of laproscopic and open hernia repair. Dr. Todd Harris met all my prerequisites for an expert in the field. I queried both Orange County and the Palm Desert area and found what I needed in a specialized general surgeon. His credentials and expertise were exemplary and I had no doubts that I wanted to be in his expert care. During my consultation he addressed several choices for my surgery and left no question unanswered. His kindness and caring bed side manner only solidified what my earlier impression was of his expertise. Surgery was uneventful and I was released after an hour from the hospital. Post surgery I experienced some discomfort and only needed to be on four doses of pain medication. I didn't need any pain medication or OTC analgesics after 24 hours. I was able to walk one mile the day after surgery and 2 miles the following day. I am 3 weeks post-op and will resume competitive tennis and jogging 8-10 miles per day. Life is good, thanks to Dr. Todd Harris. I am indebted to him. His office staff and surgical team is as kind, helpful and as considerate as he is. So...if anything goes bump in the night and causes you pain do not hesitate to see Dr. Harris. I will refer all my family and friends if they require his services. So, for a 66 year old recently retired man I am doing great thanks to him. With gratitude, Dr. William B. Stanford.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Jeff on Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Harris is an excellent surgeon and repaired my incisional hernia. He also took the time to correct adhesion of scar tissue from my previous surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Harris and his courteous staff.

|  Satisfied patient  |  show details
by Diane on Feb 21st, 2013

I was in a lot of pain due to my hernia, but after my surgery the pain went away. Dr. Harris was terrific. I couldn't be happier with my results.

|  Good hernia surgery repair  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2013

I had a hernia for couple years and found Dr. Harris. The surgery was good and felt healthy again a few days after surgery. His office and staff helped me a lot.

|  Umbilical hernia  |  show details
by Gary C on Feb 1st, 2013

Very professional and easy experience with no complications. I would recommend Dr. Harris highly.

|  Phenomenal Physician/Surgeon  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

No wait time for consultation. The nurse was great and assessed me well before i met with Dr. Harris. Dr. Harris is very kind and answered all of my questions. The office is very clean, organized and thorough.

|  I had hernia surgery  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2012

I found Dr. Harris on the computer and read his reviews. I agree that he was very professional and did a good job.

|  Took time to answer my questions  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I saw Dr. Harris for a hernia surgery a couple of months ago. He just did the surgery 2 weeks ago, and I'm feeling great with no pain or other complications. I appreciated his time answering my questions and his help during my recovery. Thank you Dr. Harris!

|  I got 3 hernias fixed  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Harris saw me for 3 different hernias, one in each groin and one in the belly button. He was very confident and each surgery went very well. I would refer anyone to him.

|  Very personable  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2009

I saw Dr. Harris for a complex liver condition that I had recently been diagnosed with. He spent a lot of time with me explaining all of my options and the risks involved. He helped me make a very educated decision which was not easy. The surgery went very well and he was always available to answer questions to my family. I would return to see him anytime and recommend him to everyone.