Dr. Todd Hess MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Great personality; poor follow thru
Good luck getting a call back....his office is overwhelmed and not able to serve its patients in an even mediocre capacity. Shame.

September 21st, 2016
Dr Hess is an amazing Dr! If you have chronic pain especially CRPS Chronic regional pain syndrome, then Dr Hess is the man you want to treat you! He is top noch in his field aND he genuinely cares about his parients. I am thankful everyday that I found him.

June 18th, 2016
Dr. Todd Hess is a Quality Compassionate Provider
I have been a patient of Dr. Todd for about 17 years now. I came to him with debilitating chronic neuropathy pain in my feet and hands. His treatment plan made the pain not only tolerable but increased my quality of life 10 fold by allowing me to perform tasks that were nearly impossible before I came to his clinic. His bedside manner puts one at ease immediately with humor mixed with solid advice. He is very thorough by listening and understanding you personal situation. I have never felt rushed as he makes sure he takes the time needed to answer all questions. It is obvious that he truly loves his work and has a vast knowledge base and will follow up when he needs to seek more information. His P.A, Una Edwardson is just as professional and understanding. If you seek kind, compassionate care, I give 5 stars to Todd, Una and all their staff at United Pain Center and owe them a deep amount of gratitude for helping me live a quality and productive pain free life.

April 7th, 2016
helps with [pain
He has a great bedside manner however he never comes to the hospital . Gives out pills increasing the amount but does not really monitor you. When things get out of control with you, you are on your own. Be careful.

March 29th, 2016
Compassionate staff that understands that pain is real.
I have been a patient at the United Pain Clinic for a year and met with Dr. Hess a month ago. He was so humble and was there for you as someone who needs to be there and listened and then followed-up. I get prescribed my much needed medications without prejudice and they are always kind enough to take the time to hear you out. I won't go anywhere else. I have been all over the Twin Cities trying to find someone who will understand that chronic pain is just that. Thank you to my provider there. I won't name your, but thank you for always listening and having compassion for not only me, but all of your patients.

November 11th, 2015
Can't tell you enough great things that he does. WE NEED MORE DR HESS'S!!

September 9th, 2015
Dr. Hess cares about me as a patient, I have never left his office without feeling that way. He goes out of his way to assist with problems with on-going issues with pain and working out a way to get things under control. Knowing that my pain will not be 100% relieved but the goal is to be comfortable or at least find a way to go about my every day activities, work and have a life. There has to be a balance.

March 27th, 2015
Manages my pain with minimal drugs, innovative.
Caring, smart doctor. Excellent staff. Without them, cancer side effects would leave me home bound.

May 1st, 2014
Legal Assistant
I have been seeing Dr. Hess for approximately 9 years, due to a surgery gone bad and nerve damage from the surgery causing RSD. Dr. Hess has been a God send for me! I have never met a doctor like him and believe me I have been to LOTS! He is so kind, caring and understanding. He will fight for you until the end and he encourages you and his personality alone helps your pain ease! I cannot imagine what my life would have been like if Dr. Hess would not have come into 9 years ago and helped me through and continues to help me through this mess. I am going to be 44 so I hope to have a lot of life left and thanks to Dr. Hess and staff I know I will have!

August 28th, 2013
This man is a Genius
I have been seeing Dr. Hess for about 13 years He is the most understanding and caring Doctor I have seen. This man travels all around the world to give talks at all kind of pain related seminars and to learn as much about chronic pain as he can to bring new meds. & procedures back to help you get your pain under control as much as possible. He is actually interested in making you feel as good as possible so you can lead as much of a normal life as possible. Thank you Dr. Hess

July 10th, 2013
Amazing Doctor/Teacher
I had the incredible opportunity to do a clinical rotation with Dr. Hess as a nursing student. Watching him practice is incredibly inspirational, along with his amazing techs and RNs. Thus far in my clinical career he is the most efficient and effective physician I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Seeing him in action clinically and his patient centered care will be something I will constantly remind myself of in my future as an RN to be the best health care professional I can be. Thank you Dr. Hess

June 17th, 2013
Excellent Service
Paitent for 5 years. I was not able to work and filling out an application for disability then I came to the pain center. After my second proceedure, I tore up my disability application. I now work full time by choice and enjoy it. I scuba dive, I travel and fly, and I enjoy my life. I act as a paitient advocate when ever I can (talk in the recovery room after the anestesia wears off when ever they let me). The nurses make sure there is no pain while putting the IV in for the sedation. Dr Hess makes sure I am not nervous and nothing is upsetting me before the proceedure. He makes sure I do not wake up while under sedation, and most importantly he makes sure I wake up from sedation. He takes care of me and makes sure I am in great condition to go scuba diving. He is reassuring to me that I will be alright and that these migraines will not get the best of me. I will make it through this and will be just fine. For example, He took me by the hand before one proceedure and walked me to the the operating room, and announced to everyone that we were going to prom. He relieves the pain and the stress.