Dr. Todd Hutton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

June 17th, 2015
Dr Hutton is a really great psychiatrist. I have had lots of improvement in my quality of life over the years that I've been seeing him. Even though I have a pretty tough bipolar 1 disorder. I've come to feel that he really cares about me and he NEVER EVER GIVES UP on a patient. My only wish is that he wouldn't spread himself so thin that sometimes he's falling asleep during a session. But I don't judge because I don't know his situation. Overall, I think Dr Hutton is a wonderful doctor and I count myself lucky for having been referred to him so many years ago and would recommend him to anyone with bipolar disorder, specifically, because he is clearly knowledgable about treating us.

August 23rd, 2013
Dr. Hutton really knows his medication!
Dr. Hutton is terrific. He is approachable and available. He is incredibly knowledgeable about how psychiatric medications work together and how medications can react very differently in different people. His office staff are spectacular. I have been a patient for over 20 years and am still alive, because of Dr. Hutton's great work!

June 25th, 2013
Saw Dr. Hutton a few times but each time had to wait over an hour. Didn't seem to remember my name. Of note- takes forever to return calls(if at all). Staff is friendly but overwhelmed. As other reviews have noted, he seems distracted and uninterested in my problems.

September 27th, 2012
Excellent Care
Dr. Hutton is an excellent doctor as well as being a very caring person. He is very compassionate, knowledgeable, perfessional, understanding and helpful. It is very easy to discuss the issues with him, he listens and makes it very comfortable. If you need help, I suggest you give Dr. Hutton a try. You won't be disappointed.

August 3rd, 2012
Stay Away!
Disorganized office staff- had to wait over an hour to the doctor. He seems tired and distracted. During my 2 visits with him he had little eye contact and seemed like he would rather be somewhere else. Not sure if he heard anything I had to say. Won't go back.

October 31st, 2011
Better choices out there
Staff is friendly- the only plus in his office unfortunately. Had to wait almost an hour to see him though there was no one else in the waiting room. I've seen him a few times and won't be back. He seems anxious and uninterested. Kept on looking out the window the last visit. I think he feels more comfortable with men and anxious with women in general. Seems like he would be better suited in a hospital setting where he didn't have to make too many decisions.

September 2nd, 2011
Dr. Hutton is the greatest!
I have seen Dr. Hutton every two weeks for eight years.He is an excellent therapist and has prescribed medications that have really made a difference in the quality of my life. I am bi polar.

July 22nd, 2011
Dr. Hutton saved my life and my sanity
Dr. Hutton is an amazing doctor and person. His practice is both an art and a science. He is so kind and caring, and really listens to you. (The first time I saw him, he actually leaned forward to talk to me, and looked me right in the eyes as I spoke. - My previous doctors looked more at their notes.) Dr. Hutton treats each patient individually, and is definitely not a "one size fits all" kind of guy. He knows when inpatient or outpatient care is needed, and uses them properly. He really knows his meds, and chooses them carefully for the needs of each particular patient (e.g., he changed my antidepressant to one that doesn't tend to lead to weight gain, and is also good for my obsessive-compulsive thoughts and behavior.) He literallly took me off half the medications I had been taking, and switched two meds from which I did not realize I was experiencing serious side effects. I was in a fog for about 3-4 years, was extremely anxious, had a flat affect and cognition problems, and had such a hard time just getting through the day. My PCP was so concerned about the high amount of meds I was taking, that he told me he was afraid someday I wouldn't wake up. A year ago (summer 2010), I truly believed that I would probably be dead in two years, that I would definitely not have a normal life span. My very good friend who is a social worker had great concern that I would have a breakdown. And then Dr. Hutton saw me in the hospital, and over the course of 12 days, changed my life and brought back the old Sally who had been away for some time. I could not ask for a better doctor than Dr. Hutton, and am so blessed to have him for my doctor.

June 6th, 2011
No bedside manner
He was late. Seemed very bored and uninterested. He yawned several times during my appointment with him. He needs to get more sleep. I will not go back.

May 27th, 2011
Awful!
Dr. Hutton was recommended by a friend who said he was a decent psychiatrist. My experience was terrible. I had an appointment at 1pm and he didn't even show up in the office until 1:30pm. and there were 3 peoeple waiting to see him. He made no apology to me for being late and seemed bored and distracted during the session. He also seems hesitant and anxious about what medication to prescribe. I didn't feel comfortable with him and won't go back. I would not recommend him to anyone as there ae so many other options for mental health in the area. The onlt saving grace was his secretary who was nice and profusely apologized to me about his tardiness but said "it happens all the time"(!!?)

March 17th, 2011
Wait
If the patient before you needs his time h gives it. You can't hurry this type of care and it may make him run late.

March 6th, 2011
Dr. Hutton was very difficult to get to see the first time but it was well worth the effort. He worked on resolving my myriad of issues with kindness and professionalism. I highly recommend him.