Dr. Todd Maraist MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology College Station, TX

3.4

February 19th, 2016
Run
He is a very rude and worthless Neurologist, poor excuse of a dr. Doesn't seem to care about your illness, does not listen to what you have to say, wasted many years seeing this dr...waste of my time

November 12th, 2015
Such a great doctor and staff.

July 7th, 2015
Great doctor
I took my 15 year old daughter and was concerned with reviews I had read on Dr. Maraist which turned out to be not true! Excellent service and bedside manner!! I was so pleased with the office and doctor!

April 21st, 2015
Do your research
If you are considering using Dr. Maraist I would suggest you talk to his peers and former patients. There might be better options if your willing to travel to Austin or Houston.

January 20th, 2015
Highly Recommend
I did not have a follow-up after visit appointment and for this reason I couldn't rate this. What I liked about Dr. Maraist was while I was being seen he was 100% concerned with my needs. I felt I was the only one he was focused on.

March 1st, 2014
HORRIBLE
I had heard that Dr. Maraist was one of the best neurologists in College Station, so I was ecstatic. My initial appointment was amazing, and I felt like I had found a great neurologist. However, at my next appointment, I quickly learned that he is extremely rude, and does not care about his patients in the least. I was diagnosed with a rare brain disease shortly before by another neurologist about a 2 hour drive from my home...and Dr. Muraist confirmed on the first appointment that there was no way it was anything else. The second appointment, he told me I was cured (even though it's an incurable brain disease, and my symptoms were obviously still very active). The third appointment (after getting another neurologists opinion and having them write a letter), he told me it could still be active but if it was it was entirely my fault I had it to begin with (A lot of doctors used to believe this disease was the patients fault; however, recent research says other factors play an import role in the development of the disease). This just showed me that he is not only rude and uncaring, but also uneducated. I would not feel so negatively about Dr. Maraist if he showed an ounce of compassion when he talks to people by choosing kinder words. He even talks to his office staff in a rude way.

January 3rd, 2014
This doctor and his staff left my 21 year old daughter who is in a wheelchair in the parking lot of his office crying because of pain and made no effort to help her. A doctor with no concern for his patients is of no use. Horrible

October 10th, 2012
Rude
Maraist was recommended by my internist.. when I called to make an appointment they said I had to have my doctor send records and he knows that he is supposed to. I asked if they could call and request the required information since I did not know what they wanted.. Maraist's office refused to. Since my internist had done no prior testing or workup.. I decided to find another neurologist.. If the office help is useless and rude,, it is most likely the Dr will be also.. after reading these opinions of others, it appears I am correct..

June 21st, 2012
uncaring
After being in the ER with the worst headache ever, I was referred to him. I wrote down what I had been experiencing for a month with headaches and gave it to him. He just looked at the paper and didn't even take the time to read it. I've always heard that the Dr. wanted to know everything that has gone on healthwise. He sure didn't seem to care at all. Gave antiseizure prescription and ordered an MRI. I had to call for the results of the MRI. I was told from his front office staff that it was fine. No followup at all.

April 20th, 2011
brain dead
this doc is very rude and impatience, will not listen and on the second visit he wanted to take me OFF my meds and do brain surgery and cut a part of my brain out.! I told him after he had the surgery to call me!

August 10th, 2010
Rude and uncaring
I had to call Dr. Maraist through the answering service after I had been seen in the ER several times in one weekend. The ER was unsuccessful in treating me so the DR. suggested I call my neurologist. Dr. Maraist yelled at me when I got a hold of him, he said my migraine was not an emergency, and to never call him through the answering service again. He did not care what was happening with my health, he did not listen or help me. On top of feeling extremely ill and worried about what was happening to myself, he made sure I felt good and humiliated as well. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a Dr. EVER. This man just does not care about his patients whatsoever.

May 11th, 2010
Good at Migraines, his partner is better.
Dr Maraist is a great neurologist, but his partner Kim Oas, NP, is even better with Migraines. She is a migraine specialist. If you are in B/CS, call their office and make an appointment. They're both very good.