Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Video profile

Competence and Expertise show details Competence and Expertise
Sep 13th, 2016

Throughout my visit with the Doctor, by-pass surgery and follow up I felt at ease and in competent hands. He answered my questions about the surgical procedure and even demonstrated how off-pump can be done with the heart still beating. A good experience. Certainly I would recommend him to anyone.

The BEST! show details The BEST!
Oct 7th, 2015

This man saved my life

Exceptional Doctor show details Exceptional Doctor
by Manny Kornbluth on Jun 3rd, 2013

Very professional, very pleasant answering all my questions prior to the triple by-pass, displayed concern during each of the post operative visits. Just a flat out great doctor!

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
Apr 7th, 2012

My husband had a five vessel off pump bypass performed by Dr. Nixon in 2006. dr. Nixon was new to Saint Marys and I really debated should I have him transferred to a big city hospital. In the end I stayed at Saint Marys and my husband got excellent care.He had one episode of chest pain and was found to have severe coronary artery disease at age 57 and needed an immediate bypass. The expert care he received from Dr. Nixon was fantastic. Dr, Nixon prevented a massive heart attack and today my husband is healthy with no heart damage.