Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 28th, 2014

I have had to go to the ER twice now after medicine this doctor has prescribed. He does not thoroughly check out patients and is like talking to a blank wall. He should not be practicing medicine.

|  Great Doctor!!!  |  show details
by Shirley Taylor on Apr 14th, 2013

Dr. Odom is a wonderful doctor. I had heard many horrible things about the surgery I needed from other doctors. Dr Odom addressed my fears and put my mind at ease. The surgery went great and instead of being in the hospital for over a week as I had expected, I was home in 3 days and feeling great. Dr Odom checked on me several times by phone and office visits. If I ever need this type of surgery again, he will be the one to do it. I would give him 10 stars if I could! His staff is also great and very helpful!

|  Dr Odom  |  show details
by Josh B. on Mar 11th, 2013

Dr. Odom drained a very painful Anal Abscess for me. During the next few weeks I developed a Fistula which was again very painful. Dr Odom helped me every step of the way and has a great bedside manner. When it was decided that I needed Surgery to repair the fistula he calmed my nerves and explained what he needed to do. The surgery went well was fast and easy. Home the same day. 5 days later I developed bleeding that was severe. Went into the office unannounced and Dr Odom was still there, he got me back into a room and did a suture procedure right there to stop the bleeding. Dr Odom and his staff are professional and calm even in emergency situations. this helps calm a nervous, nerve frayed patient. I recommend Dr Odom for an Colo Rectal Problems.

|  Excellent, caring physiciabn  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Dr. Odom is the best. I had a problem with my colon that presented some challenges for him. He worked aggressively to find a resolution to the problem and not have to do sugery. When all else failed, I did have to have a colectomy. He has the best bedside manner and was very caring and attentive to my needs while in the hospital. I cannot say enough about how wonderful he and his staff are. I highly recommend him.

|  Dr Odom saved my life  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I had a bowel obstruction in 2000, the General Surgeon botched the surgery, a week later I had an abscess and septic shock! Thank God Dr Odom was called to correct the problem!! Thank u!

|  Dr. Odom ruptured my mother's spleen.  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

In March of 2011, my mother went to Dr. Odom for a routine colonoscopy. During the procedure he ruptured her spleen. Dr. Odom sent her home, not realizing what he had done. At 4:30 am the next morning, after a sleepless night, she became paralyzed on her left side due to internal bleeding. She called an ambulance and they took her to the hospital. They declared her spleen had been ruptured and a surgeon performed a spleenectomy. The colonoscopy performed by Dr. Odom nearly cost her life. She is changed by this. She no longer has the energy she once had and her immune system is now compromised. Before the procedure, my mother reminded him twice that she had scar tissue from a hysterectomy and back surgery. She wanted him to be careful and evidently he wasn't. I wish my mother would have gone to someone else other than Dr. Odom.

Jul 21st, 2011

Dr.Odom is such a caring physician. I was so thankful for the referral by others to lead me to him. He always listened to me and took all the necessary time to explain things. I hope that no one really NEEDS to visit him for his specialty...as it can be a bit embarrassing and painful..yet if you do... I highly recommend him. He is so professional and has his patient's best interests at heart.

|  Best Colorectal surgeon anywhere, Period!!  |  show details
by PC on Mar 9th, 2010

Dr. Odom is the most knowledgeable doctor you can find. Not only that, he qualifies as a fine human being with an attitude that is magnificent. He will talk to you and answer your questions clearly. He is very deft at surgery and it shows. He had scheduled my surgery at 6:30PM and I was wheeled in at 6:25PM. I commented to the person that wheeled me into the OR about how timely it was and his comment was that Dr. Odom does not like his patients to wait or be delayed. What a fine human being! He is truly a gem in this dog eat dog world of I-want-to-make-me-the-most-money doctors of the world.

|  My daughter calls him Saint Todd  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2010

He has been my doctor for 10 years now and he saved my life many of times. Went over and above in ways I cannot even describe. I am currently living in a different state with wonderful doctors but Dr Odom runs the show for me and I fly in and out just to visit with him. An amazing man as well as doctor!

by Barbara Monroe on Nov 25th, 2009

I would love to recommend Dr. Odom and his associates to anyone in need of this specialty, but the office staff gives me concern and hesitantcy to do so. Scheduling a surgery was a nightmare, insurance papers were lost in the office and had to be replaced, calls are NOT returned and orders for procedures are not sent or faxed to hospitals; so when you show up for your test they can't help you. Even the hospital told us that they have tried to get the orders from the office and they won't even return the hospitals calls. Again, the Doctors were outstand, but the staff is poorly managed and it shows. Speaking with two other paitents, they have experienced the same. Now another surgery needs to be scheduled and I already know that it is going to be an ordeal!!!

May 31st, 2009

Best colorectal surgeon that I know, and I should know because I am a nurse.

Jun 15th, 2008

In my opinion, the best colo-rectal surgeon in this area. Having not tried all of them, I can only offer this as an opinion.