Dr. Todd Odom MD Patient Reviews

February 8th, 2017
Thee best Colon Rectal surgeons in the Dallas area

January 27th, 2017
Great Doctor
In 2001 I had developed ulcerated hemorrhoids (internal) and external also. I could not work. Dr. Odom operated on me. I developed a bowel blockage after surgery and he got me through this also. He will be my only colon Dr. as long as he is working. He is caring and I received excellent care. I trust him completely.

December 1st, 2016
RUPTURED SPLEEN!
In the spring of 2011 I had a routine colonoscopy performed by Dr. Todd Odom and the procedure left me with a RUPTURED SPLEEN! I was taken by ambulance to the Plano ER and the on-call emergency surgeon had to perform an splenectomy to save my life. This traumatic event has had a negative impact on my quality of life and health. I have posted this review perviously but it was taken down. I believe the public has a right to chose whether or not to use this doctor.

July 13th, 2015
The only thing that wasn't excellent was that I had to call to get my results. I waited 2 weeks and when I wasn't contacted I called the office.

July 28th, 2014
I have had to go to the ER twice now after medicine this doctor has prescribed. He does not thoroughly check out patients and is like talking to a blank wall. He should not be practicing medicine.

April 14th, 2013
Great Doctor!!!
Dr. Odom is a wonderful doctor. I had heard many horrible things about the surgery I needed from other doctors. Dr Odom addressed my fears and put my mind at ease. The surgery went great and instead of being in the hospital for over a week as I had expected, I was home in 3 days and feeling great. Dr Odom checked on me several times by phone and office visits. If I ever need this type of surgery again, he will be the one to do it. I would give him 10 stars if I could! His staff is also great and very helpful!

March 11th, 2013
Dr Odom
Dr. Odom drained a very painful Anal Abscess for me. During the next few weeks I developed a Fistula which was again very painful. Dr Odom helped me every step of the way and has a great bedside manner. When it was decided that I needed Surgery to repair the fistula he calmed my nerves and explained what he needed to do. The surgery went well was fast and easy. Home the same day. 5 days later I developed bleeding that was severe. Went into the office unannounced and Dr Odom was still there, he got me back into a room and did a suture procedure right there to stop the bleeding. Dr Odom and his staff are professional and calm even in emergency situations. this helps calm a nervous, nerve frayed patient. I recommend Dr Odom for an Colo Rectal Problems.

March 27th, 2012
Excellent, caring physiciabn
Dr. Odom is the best. I had a problem with my colon that presented some challenges for him. He worked aggressively to find a resolution to the problem and not have to do sugery. When all else failed, I did have to have a colectomy. He has the best bedside manner and was very caring and attentive to my needs while in the hospital. I cannot say enough about how wonderful he and his staff are. I highly recommend him.

March 1st, 2012
Dr Odom saved my life
I had a bowel obstruction in 2000, the General Surgeon botched the surgery, a week later I had an abscess and septic shock! Thank God Dr Odom was called to correct the problem!! Thank u!

July 21st, 2011
Dr.Odom is such a caring physician. I was so thankful for the referral by others to lead me to him. He always listened to me and took all the necessary time to explain things. I hope that no one really NEEDS to visit him for his specialty...as it can be a bit embarrassing and painful..yet if you do... I highly recommend him. He is so professional and has his patient's best interests at heart.

March 9th, 2010
Best Colorectal surgeon anywhere, Period!!
Dr. Odom is the most knowledgeable doctor you can find. Not only that, he qualifies as a fine human being with an attitude that is magnificent. He will talk to you and answer your questions clearly. He is very deft at surgery and it shows. He had scheduled my surgery at 6:30PM and I was wheeled in at 6:25PM. I commented to the person that wheeled me into the OR about how timely it was and his comment was that Dr. Odom does not like his patients to wait or be delayed. What a fine human being! He is truly a gem in this dog eat dog world of I-want-to-make-me-the-most-money doctors of the world.

January 22nd, 2010
My daughter calls him Saint Todd
He has been my doctor for 10 years now and he saved my life many of times. Went over and above in ways I cannot even describe. I am currently living in a different state with wonderful doctors but Dr Odom runs the show for me and I fly in and out just to visit with him. An amazing man as well as doctor!