Dr. Todd Orvald MD Patient Reviews

• 4 reviews

June 27th, 2015
Great Doctor, Great Place
Excellent doctor who treats me as a whole person and not just the person beneath the potential scar. Every time I have visited with him whether it is to establish a strategy to avoid surgery or to prepare for or follow-up on a surgery, he and his staff have treated me respectfully and throughly.

August 9th, 2013
A very poor excuse for a doctor!
Dr. Orvald was quite condescending and rude. I was honestly appalled after my appointment with him. After an hour wait in the waiting room, I was called back to a room, where I waited another 20 minutes for Dr. Orvald to actually arrive. Throughout the entire appointment he was condescending. He ranged from calling me sweetie and patting me on the cheek (I'm an adult woman) to telling me not to worry about sharing all of my symptoms with him, that he would ask about them when it was relevant to the diagnosis (I'm not exactly sure how symptoms wouldn't be relevant to a diagnosis) to telling me that it was normal to be in some pain all the time and to take some ibuprofen (despite me having just told him that I'd been taking the maximum dose for several months). His notes were terribly written and included symptoms that I hadn't told him about and didn't have. In addition they were extremely disorganized and in some places actually appeared to include information about a different patient. Dr. Orvald was simply all-around condescending, and quite frankly exhibited some worrying practices. My referring doctor gave me a call several days after my visit to Dr. Orvald to apologize for referring me to him and to ask me to visit another surgeon. That told me all that I needed to know!

June 13th, 2010
WONDERFUL DOCTOR!
I am SO thankful that I was able to be treated by Dr. Orvald. He is a God sent. He did 3 back surgeries on me, and I feel great! DEFINATELY would recommend him!

January 7th, 2010
The last time I was seen by Dr. Orvald was in 2006 when I went to him with unrelenting hip and lower back pain. Several years previously, he performed my first hip replacement with wonderful results and diagnosed spinal stenosis as the cause of my back pain. At the '06 visit, however, to which I arrived near tears and on crutches, he ordered an x-ray and then stated firmly that there was nothing wrong with my lower back OR hip and that I should go home to exercise and take Ibuprofen. He referred to me as "Princess" and "Sweetheart"-- familiarities- I find both inappropriate and offensive; and on review of my requested records, I discovered that his report of that visit is so completely inaccurate as to cause me to think that it must have been written for someone else. Dr. Orvald is well known and highly respected for his orthopaedic skills, which are superb. I found his doctor/patient communication and overall patient "considerateness" Ii.e., bedside manner) to be little more than atrocious.