Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
2251 N Squirrel Rd
Suite 105
Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
248-648-8100
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  From sore throats to major sinus surgery  |  show details
by RobertM on Feb 22nd, 2013

Dr. T. Proctor is a gifted surgeon who freed me of severe sinusitis with major sinus surgery. Since that surgery, my breathing and overall health greatly increased. I greatly appreciate the high tech approach he employes which shows and helps me understand what medical issues I have from ear tubes to a throat cyst. Great staff and location.

|  A Medical Professional as a Patient  |  show details
by S S on Feb 15th, 2013

So first of all let me start of by saying I have seen physicians of all different flavors. I have been to a dozen doctors myself and I must say that I have never encountered anyone that is as amazing as Dr. Proctor. I felt like I was talking to someone who actually cared about my problem and was feeling bad that I was suffering. His emotion felt genuine and I appreciated that. If a doctor is going to be operating on me there are definitely five things I look for. 1) Attentive: He listened to me and my problems. I have suffered for seven years with polyps and recurrent sinus infections. Other doctors I had been to wouldn’t bother to listen to my story and would just tell me their plan and call it a day. Dr. Proctor took 30 minutes to listen to my story, my fears, and my goals. I really appreciated that. It helped me feel comfortable with him. 2) Bedside Manner: He came in before and after the surgery. He personally called my when I had a question after the surgery to answer it. I have always seen ENTs that are busy and rushing but he takes his time to pay attention to you and take his time to treat your problem. 3) Knowledge: He is an ENT, his dad was an ENT, and his grandfather was an ENT…do you need any other reason to go to this guy? I had asked for a referral from my friends in the field and they all pointed to him simply because it is hard to teach this type of experience in any training program. This guy is good and has the knowledge to back it up. He doesn’t unnecessarily try to push you towards surgery unless it is for your own good. Trust me on that. 4) Followup Plan: He tells you what to do and takes his time to make sure you understand the plan for going forward to best help your problem and prevent further problems. He doesn’t want to lie to you either and paint a false picture. He sets realistic expectations. I know the problem I have is chronic and there is a chance for recurrence. But I will do my best to try to prevent it as long as I can. If it happens again I will go back to him. 5) Support Staff: The people he has in the office are amazing. They are all so nice and treat you very well. They worry about how you are feeling and have great empathy. I enjoy going to his office for this reason and am not anxious which I typically get for doctor’s visits. I am so happy I went to him. After seven years of suffering I can breathe from my nose, I can taste, I don’t have to be a mouth breather anymore. I can blow my nose! Having a sinus infection every month and taking antibiotics was really annoying. It is good to be rid of the headaches and have relief. I also want to clarify that ENTs don’t typically sell sleep apnea equipment. I have never seen sleep apnea equipment at Dr. Proctor’s office and I asked if he treated it out of curiosity. I know that sleep apnea is treated by a sleep specialist that is a subspecialist in internal medicine plus it requires a sleep study to diagnose typically. So I think one of the reviewers on here might have mixed up the docs they went to. I give Dr. Proctor 10 out of 10, great doc and I am going to go back again for my treatments.

|  show details
Feb 17th, 2012

Such a helpful doctor! He was extremely fair with what he charged for my visit and actually under billed which is something most doctors would never do. Very kind and great with kids. Great ENT.

|  Excellent Diagnosis and Care  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

I had an extreme nosebleed and Dr. Todd Proctor saw me immediately and stopped the bleeding with cauterization. Upon a return visit, I was shown the problem in my nose via the tiny camera and had a surgical procedure scheduled and done. I have nothing but praise for his knowledge, care and expertise when he has treated me for not only my nose but also an ear problem. I find some of the other comments on this site very difficult to believe. I would recommend Dr.Todd Proctor unconditionally.

|  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

Wont accept new patients, without insurance....MONEY HUNGRY!!!! Does not care about patients, just MONEY!!!!!!

|  Waste of time  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

Never had any problems getting an appointment with him. His office is always empty so never had to wait.I went to see him three or four times for a chronic cough problem. He just tried to scare me off by saying that if I insisted, surgery would be an option. Get another ENT. I do not recommend him.

|  More Interested in Sleep Apnea Equip tlhan My Problem  |  show details
by Without A Voice on Sep 7th, 2011

Dr. Todd Proctor was More Interested in selling me Sleep Apnea Equipment than My Actual Health Problem that I came in for.I came in to see this doctor because I have been having difficulty swallowing my food and I was losing my voice occasionally when I talked. When I came in He had noticed that I had a cyst on my vocal cords. Then he sent me to a sleep apnea clinic. Stupid as I am wanting the best care I went and spent the night to have the test for sleep apnea that had nothing to do with the cyst on my vocal cords. When I saw him at my next appointment he told me that my level of needing a sleep apnea machine was 33%. I explained to him that the reason I was losing sleep was because of my husbands snoring. The sleep apnea machine would keep me awake more and right now I was more interested in the cyst that was on my vocal cords. He looked at my vocal cords, pulled out the camera, did not take a picture like he did the first time and stated to me that the cyst was gone. Then he states; I can no longer help you! WOW, I say to myself; Excuse me Doctor, What do you think I am STUPID? A cyst does not disappear in 2 months time frame. That was the end of our Doctor patient visits. He is telling me to kiss off. He had no intentions of taking care of me medically it was all about the sleep apnea equipment. I would suggestion that Dr. Todd Proctor quit the ENT business and start selling the Sleep Apnea Equipment.

|  Best bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

I have seen several ENT's from top rate facilities (U of M, Michigan Ear Institute, Troy Beaumont). It's hard to find one that has a top rated bedside manner with top rated skills. This one is the one.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Proctor spent a lot of time with me and explaining my issues. It required surgery and I asked him if he would be able to get me into surgery within a few days because my medical benefits were running out. He was able to get me in and my hearing has been restored. Highly recommend him