Dr. Todd Reulbach MD Patient Reviews

2.3

October 24th, 2016
Dr. Reulbach is a very competent physician who did exactly what was needed for my father to regain his hearing. He promptly achieved what others had not.

September 25th, 2016
Poor bedside manner
The entire staff was wonderful. Dr. Reulbach, however, was rude and a little too arrogant. I prefer doctors who act like they care whether they really care or not.

May 19th, 2016
Very unprofessional if faced with admitting fault. Everyone makes mistakes in life, but it would've been nice to have him admit he badly knicked an artery during my surgery and failed to repair it properly. Had he just been kind to me it would have made facing my now lifelong ongoing palate asymmetry and vocal issues a little bit easier to accept. He was not kind and was very dismissive.
Dr. Reulbach's manner towards my horrific arterial bleed emergency surgery 3 days after the tonsillectomy he performed on me was deplorable (bear in mind I was in my 3rd active bleed of that morning as I was wheeled into emergency surgery and during said surgery 100 cc's of blood was suctioned from my mouth and another 400 cc's from my stomach - that's a liter in itself not to mention how much I lost in the bleeding before surgery.) As was his dismissal 3 weeks later when he evaluated and scoped me and told me I had no issues and he did not need to see me again. I then gained a 2nd opinion and found that I not only have permanently bowed vocal cords which give me a hoarse raspy voice and have scar tissue, but also permanent nerve damage to my right soft palate which also has scar tissue. I had a swallow x-ray evaluation done also which confirmed the issue with my soft palate and back of tongue.

January 12th, 2016
What Arrogance!!
I just can't believe how this person treated me today! I make a living by selling to Doctors thus having relationships, and speak to MANY per day. How did I pay this man today, to be treated so condescendingly?!! I agree with posts on this site: He wants to sell hearing aids. (If you do not want one, he will roll his stool closely up to you, speak loudly and slowly, and ask you WHY....like you r an idiot!) I made my appt to ask about a situation other than this. Noted by 3 ppl prior to speaking with this jerk. I already knew what HE wanted to discuss. He needs to work in the prison system. But I do not know if they even deserve this treatment! If you're reading this DR, "what goes around comes around". But you r so arrogant I'm sure you defend all of these post,( if you ever have a moment to open your eyes to see what ppl think n feel when leaving your office) SHAME on you-and May God bless your poor wife!!!

October 29th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Very personable and knowledgeable. Spent quality time. Answered all questions. Highly recommended.

October 5th, 2015
Disappointed is putting it nicely. Waited for over an hour after arriving early as requested. Never called me after testing... I had to call them & after asking the same question of 3 people they answerved wrong question. Seeing a different doc now for same syptoms.... 10 days later.

September 2nd, 2015
quack
If you see this guy you may want to get a second opinion. He is nothing short of a quack, a flowchart doctor. He had absolutely no interest in learning what might be causing my condition. Simply unbelievable - he should not be a doctor as he doesn't care, he's just herding them in and out and selling hearing aids. I've moved on to much better.

April 29th, 2015
Terrible experience!
He is very arrogant and basically told me I'd have to deal with the ringing in my ears. He spent less than 10 minutes with me, and acted as if he could care less about my condition. Very frustrated that I wasted my time and money!

July 22nd, 2014
Would not recommend
I had my tonsils removed in 2012 by Dr. Reulbach and would NEVER recommend him to any one. He did more damage than good and was very rude when I followed up with concerns I had from the operation. Their office messed up my appointments and he was rude to me as if it was my fault. I see from the reviews since, that things have not changed. RUN, don't walk, from this doctor. *There needs to be a negative star so I could use it for Bedside Manner.

June 13th, 2013
Needs help with bedside manner
I am a fairly laid back person. However, when it comes to the care of my child, I would not describe myself in that way. Therefore, as I am obviously visiting the doctor's office due to an issue, my anxiety is already somewhat elevated. Just as others have posted, I was interrupted so many times that it became pointless to try and speak. It was made very apparent to me from the beginning of this appointment, that my son's health was not the top priority. His schedule was... My other issue was lack of communication. I would have let a lot of other things slide if he would have at least communicated on what he was doing next to my son. Instead all I was instructed to do was how to hold my son down. I know the tests that he was running were necessary and why we were there, but I don't know what they are... and I surely don't know what to expect. It would have taken less than 5 seconds to explain the next steps, and help me understand what was happening to my son. (Side note - I will take full responsibility that I should have interrupted him and demanded to know more, but it was a whirlwind appointment... and I was under the impression that I was already a bother to him). The positive I take from this it to take more charge of my family's care. If it requires interrupting a doctor to get the care/information we need... so be it. Regardless, I think there is major room for improvement here.

January 17th, 2013
I visited this professional a few times over the past few years. I've been dealing with allergies since I moved to NC (which is about the most common problem people have around here). I agree with other reviewers that this doctor always seems rushed and interrupts even those sentences you try to construct to answer his questions. Every time I've seen him it feels like he's just trying to push me out the minute I get in. I am a smoker, and I am ok with that. I also suffer from generalized anxiety and hypochondria. Other than that, I am a very healthy 33 year old man with no past serious conditions. I am used to American doctors using fear tactics and being opinionated about smokers, and this professional is no exception. This last visit he went too far. I've been having issues that I cannot tell if they are related to a sinus/ear infection or TMJ (turns out they feel a lot alike). Since I'm about to get on a plane and travel internationally, I decided it was a good idea to see an ENT and make sure any possible infection would be cleared before getting into a pressurized cabin. He came in, I described my symptoms (which lessened by now, but started about 3 months ago and changed with time from jaw, ear, neck to throat, tonsil, etc). He asked me if I smoked (he knew I did, it's in my chart), and I said "yes". He asked me how much, and I told him. He then started checking me out (nose, ears, feeling my neck) and said: "You know... some of the symptoms you describe sound like throat cancer. Since you're a smoker you are at 5 times the risk of that" My blood pressure started dropping drastically and I told him I was feeling bad. I asked him if he could hold my head down so I could push up to recover (it's an exercise I learned that works). He didn't move, so my mom in law (she was there) stepped in and helped. He then asks me (as I'm fainting) "do you have a history of passing out?". I said "no.. I've never passed out. This is a panic attack". He said "boy... you really ARE sweating, aren't you?". I asked him for water and he handed me a cup, finally helping in some way. After that atrociously undeserved awful moment, he says to me: "Well don't worry. Just so you know I checked everything and I am leaving you with a clean bill of health. Nothing's wrong and you have no infection" I understand that American doctors operate in the most litigious of societies in the world (in my worldly experience), and I understand there's a war on smokers that in my view has reached a ridiculous status in which it seemed as if the world was divided between those who smoke and those who don't (the rest of who people really are matters little); but I have never met such a rude, uncaring, pedantic doctor so hellbent on getting his anti-tobacco message across that he is willing to tell a patient that cancer is a possibility when in reality there was nothing wrong with him. I hope this helps.

October 19th, 2012
Rude, nasty, unkind Doctor. Doesn't care or spends time explaining to patients their medical condition. Awful, rude service from Dr.Reulbach and staff.