Dr. Todd Tillmanns Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Todd Tillmanns?

Posted on November 16th, 2017

I have waited a while to write, but feel I do owe it to the readers so they can choose their care. A large mass was found on my lower right side. It turned out to be cancer. Upon a visit to Dr. Tillmanns, he proceeded to tell me that he wanted to take out this large mass. He got a piece of paper with a female body on it and drew a pencil line from stem to stern and said there would be an incision made. He also said that he would be taking out my bladder and part of my rectum to get to this mass - with the hopes of putting them back in. He presented me a paper I had to sign saying that if they didn't go back in place, I was accepting of that. He then told me that he was going on vacation the next day and wanted me in surgery the day he got back! I was horrified and had my share of questions. He got pretty angry at me and said, "Are you going to tell me how to do my job?" So, surgery was scheduled, but I later cancelled. The next day, I called MDAnderson and sent my tests and records to them. They immediately scheduled an appointment for me and I actually went to Texas to see what they had to say. They said they had dealt with Dr. Tillmanns patients before and rolled their eyes. They said I would certainly lose those organs if he did what he suggested. I went through chemo and radiation at MDAnderson and it shrank the tumor into oblivion! And, I kept those organs! I am cancer free. I owe my health to MDAnderson and the fine doctors there.

Let Down

Posted on July 26th, 2017

Abdominal tumor surgery

Posted on October 18th, 2016

Dr. Todd Tillmanns is an amazing Doctor. He has very good bedside manners, and very good with family members/friends of his patients. I feel like he goes above and beyond for his patients. I feel like I would not be alive today if God hadn't given me a great surgeon.

Posted on September 25th, 2016

Unprofessional office, from the medical assistant, nurse to the Doctor. Everything was rushed and flippant.

Bad experience

Posted on July 11th, 2016

Dr Tillmanns is a bad Doctor. He lacks surgical skills, compassion, communication skills and morals. He over bills you, isn't consistent with the plan from visit to visit and in general just gets annoyed when you ask questions or seek clarification . He needs a serious attitude change. Just because you donate > $150k doesn't mean you can be disrespectful to your patients.

Self absorbed insincere

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Agree with others. First visits he appears to be attentive but it is not sincere. As you go through treatment and follow up he becomes less attentive and demonstrates that he is not sincere and really has no relationship with you other than a financial one. His big ego is perhaps in response to all that he lacks. During one of my appointments he was super late. I later found out he was tweeting when he should have been in the room for my appointment. Self absorbed for sure

@fantastic doctor

Posted on June 6th, 2016

You used a very important word. He "seems" to care about his patients. I can assure you as you move through this process at some point you'll realize that all these posts are correct about him. Hopefully he has learned from these comments but my experience is that they rarely want to learn anything because they think they already know everything.

Fantastic Doctod

Posted on June 3rd, 2016

Dr. Tillmans is wonderful.! I was quite nervous about him after reading all of these negative reviews but was delighted to find him to be quite the opposite! He was very warm and caring! He listened to everything I had to say and addressed all my fears and concerns. He seems to genuinely care about his patients! He did a great job explaining everything and reassured me that he was there for me. I have no hesitations in recommending him. Yes the wait was long but you never know what else is going on (emergencies and such).

Posted on April 15th, 2016

I'm not sure who to call at West Cancer Center. They don't seem to care about much. Dr Tillmanns was too busy trying to impress the office staff that he didn't have time to take care of me, the patient. I filed a complaint but no one even acknowledged it. I guess the standard is low for the whole place. I would not recommend Dr Tillmanns.

Posted on April 1st, 2016

Such a terrible experience. Extremely unprofessional doctor and rude staff. Unprofessional and unclean atmosphere. Waited in room for an hour and a half and could hear him telling jokes outside my door and never saw him! I walked out. Could hear him joking and staff cracking up whole time I was in waiting room. Lots of laughter and fooling around. It was like it was a party and not a serious cancer consultation, which it was! Totally unprofessional behavior. Sub par treatment. Whole litany of problems with my visit. Could not in good conscience recommend him to ANYONE. TERRIBLE experience. Would give ZERO stars if that was an option

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Dr. Tillmans is a great physician who is very courteous and kind.

Narcissist is the definition of this guy

Posted on February 9th, 2016

Wow. The reviews are true. He is self absorbed, arrogant, egocentric, lacking in humility, empathy, self reflection. He flatters those who admire him and belittle those who question him. He runs patients through clinic like a herd of cows to be milked. Never mind trying to ask a question, he needs you to leave so he can see and bill for the next patient. It's about the MONEY. He is in private practice to make money off of cancer patients. What does that say about his character?