Orthopedic Surgeons
2800 E Desert Inn Rd
Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89121
702-731-1616
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  14 dislocations within 2 yrs of his heinous "hip revision"horror  |  show details
by Hop-A-Long Cassidy on May 2nd, 2013

I got in easily...now I may never get out of the endless nightmare of complications of the Invisible Man's pathetic excuse for a "hip revision." It's amazing how readily available he was BEFORE my surgery yet I saw him once for like 6.2 minutes the day after surgery. Despite my repeated complaints something was very wrong, I finally saw him 7 months post op when he learned I was getting a 2nd opinion. I've been assured by 2 out of state specialists that I'd now be permanently in a wheelchair if I'd followed his advice at that time. A top hip specialist in CA took 1 look at my x-ray, frowned and asked me who on earth did this atrocity to me! After my 1st hip replacement, I was skydiving within a year. After Swanson's "work"- I've even dislocated getting out of bed, driving to a Dr appt and just sitting on a couch. I may never get my life back. If you value independence, laughter, fun, enjoying life...and/or dislike constant debilitating pain and a litany of new medical complications...RUN AWAY FROM THIS "DR"AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

|  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

Dr Swanson is one of the best in Las Vegas.

|  Is it Production or Care  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2010

I'm 2 week post op, so the jury is still out on the outcome. Saw Dr. Swanson for about 10 Min prior to surgery, saw another Dr. from his office for maybe another 10 minutes on 1st office visit. 2nd Visit saw PA for 10-15 min. I was never told what to expect post surgery or about the INTENSE level of pain which would come.This realy must be covered!In hospital saw Dr. Swanson for a couple minutes pre-surgery & maybe 5 min post surg in the hospital; he came by the 1st morning. The next day I was visited by the PA. As for Centennial Hills hospital the care in a word - AWFUL! At one point during my 1st day post op their staff inadvertently disconnected me from my pain med pump for over 1 hour, then REFUSED to provide any additional medication for break though pain. The next day when my pain pump ran out it again took them an hour to change it.Either time the staff showed ZERO urgency to control my pain.I can not yet tell you if Swanson does good work but I can say the process has been blind and not pleasurable thus far!

|  Excellent Result  |  show details
by Chriss McNaught on Aug 25th, 2010

Dr. Swanson and his team were caring, efficient, and professional. I read the information that Dr. Swanson gave me and my surgical experience was exactly as I expected. My Post-op pain was effectively managed, I was walking pain free the next day, and now 9 days after surgery I feel better than I have in 15 years. I recommend Dr. Swanson without any reservation.

|  Do not see him!  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2009

He did not listed to my complaints, rather stressed his opinion that I needed an expensive surgery. I got a second opinion from a doctor who agreed that I did NOT require surgery. Beware!

|  he was the best  |  show details
by NECZKA on Jul 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

DR.Swanson was the very best surgeon in Las Vegas,too bad that he outgrew most of the Insurances & it's impossible to see him for Follow up or with another problesm.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com