Endocrinologists

Northport Medical Center
4401 Watermelon Rd
Northport, AL 35473
205-750-0256
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  bad experience  |  show details
by disappointed patient on Sep 1st, 2013

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kamal to anyone with a thyroid problem. He doesn't listen to what you have to say as a patient! He is not friendly and I was just so uncomfortable for those 20 minutes. I was referred to him by my family doctor thinking Dr. Kamal was just as great as my family Dr. I was supposed to get an ultrasound of my goiter but he did not do it, he acted as if he did not want to touch me. He did not explain nothing about graves disease to me and he explained the meds in very few words. Every time I spoke to explain and tell him bout my condition I was cut off and over talked by him. Luckily,I have knowledge and understanding of it myself and from my family doctor. My pharmacist explained the meds to me. I have an upcoming appointment in a few days. I will b canceling and looking for another endocrinologist to give my money to, one who will listen to me and how I feel and explain things to me.

|  My experiences  |  show details
by A RollTide Patient on Apr 10th, 2013

I have been a diabetic since 18months old. This MD has been hands down my worst experience with a endo to this day and saw him for 2-3 years. He does no listen to the patient and their needs. He is stuck on his customs and refuses to consider newer technology. I have left in tears from this guy and never felt we were on the same page or he had my best interest. I would have tried another endo in Tuscaloosa though the only other one has a waiting list over a year as with most good endo's. This might explain why you can get an apt with this MD within a week typically. I learned alot on what to avoid in choosing a good endo. With diabetes you live and learn and only hope no one else goes through the experiences that I did. Look out for your self.

|  Professional  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

I had to wait an inordinate amount of time in the waiting area before I saw the doctor. I almost didn't come to this particular doctor because of the comments that were made regarding his bedside manner. I found him to be reserved, but friendly, even joking about Dr. Oz at one point. He does have an accent, but was not hard for me to understand. I will follow up with him in one year, as he suggested.

|  Worst doctor I've ever been to  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Went to him 2 years before and said nodules were fine and nothing wrong with borderline tsh levels. 2 years later diag with Hashimotos with a Tsh of 98. Spends less than 5 mins in the room, does not provide any info and is more concerned with scheduling you for sleep lab studies. Saw him 3 times and daughter saw him once and same thing, tried to schedule for sleep labs even though neither of us had any symptoms nor complained. Does not examine you at all. A no hands, terrible cold bedside manner approach. Im a nurse and most forgiving to most doctors but if you have thyroid issues please look for another option.

|  Doesn't listen...  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I have been diagnosed with low hormone levels. Dr. Kamal refuses to listen to any concerns I may have and immediately disregards any alternate treatment methods I inquire about. He also refuses to explain test results and their meanings to me. I am left to go home and research any questions I may have for myself. I recently asked about a treatment that MANY doctors are successfully using to treat my illness. I was IMMEDIATELY told that there was no chance that we would try it. There was no reason given, even when I asked, "why?". This is a treatment that Dr. Kamal is qualified and capable of trying on me and is proving to severely limit the very unpleasant side effects that I experience from current treatment. The last I checked, this is MY body and MY health. I am currently looking for a new Dr that actually cares whether or not I am feeling well and cares enough to at least explain why something may or may not be the best treatment for me. Is that too much to ask?

|  show details
by Matt on Mar 20th, 2012

Dr. Kamal has been a God send to me. He has personally and promptly returned calls on a weekend. He is a very caring individual. I am type 1 diabetic and do not have insurance. He has provided me with insulin when I have been unable to pay and worked with me on his fees. I am shocked to read any engative review of this Doctor.

|  Very good diabetic doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I would recommend that anyone with diabetesGo to him he knows his stuff

|  I like Dr. Kamal!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

I have been a patient for a number of years as has my brother. I was shocked to read some of the reviews. He always spends ample time with me & gives me all the options necessary for treatment of both my Type 1 diabetes & my thyroid condition. an excellent doctor in my opinion.

|  IF IT WALKS LIKE  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

TAKES NO TIME WITH YOU AND IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

|  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

Was referred here because of a low hormone level. Tests were not repeated, just a suggestion to try and supplement and see if it helps. No follow up scheduled. Was not friendly or open to talking about alternative methods.

|  Worst Doctor I have ever experienced  |  show details
by Disappointed Chris on Mar 2nd, 2010

-This doctor is very unprofessional and question how he is even in practice.-Does not appear to care for patients health or needs, caring only for his own interests.-Very impatient and moody, stubborn-Not a people personI am curious why he even is a doctor. He may be smart but does not practice his intelligence. My expectations of a doctor are to seek for the patients best interest. This doctor seeks only for his sole interest. Been diabetic for 20 years and could not subject my self to a poor quality doctor like this for more than a few appointments. He is only reinforcing poor reputation year by year. Notice how easy it is to get an appointment.

|  A LIVING type 1 diabetic  |  show details
by Ryan Moorman on Sep 23rd, 2009

Very unprofessional and unwilling to view opinions from patients shoes. Went to him for roughly 3 years.Refused to offer insulin pump as alternative to injections. I switched doctors and have to now commute 1.5 hours away to get a doctor who knows what they are doing. I have been diabetic for 24 years now and have never seen a doctor with such little regard to their patients needs and wants. I switched doctors and on first site visit he set me up with the pump. Now my H1C is 6- 6.5 when it was 7.0 -8.0 when under Kamals unprofessional care. A doctor is supposed to care for the needs of their patients. If you are looking for this you are heading in the wrong place. I would suggest driving to Birmingham. Dr. Teague is my new endocrinologist and there is no comparison of the knowledge, care and professionalism he displays. MY HEALTH IS IN BETTER HANDS I HOPE THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. ATLEAST TRY ANOTHER DOCTOR AND DO YOUR OWN ASSESMENT.This is clearly my opinion but am sharing it so no one else has the experiences I went through.

|  Dr. Toheed Kamal  |  show details
by Brian on Mar 31st, 2009

He is very unprofessional. They lacked communicating my H1C result twice and I had to go through over an hour of waiting to receive the information instead of calling it over or mailing it... Been diabetic with type 1 juvenile onset for 22 years now and never seen a doctor seem to care so little about my needs. Unfortunately the only other doctor in the area is full and has remained full for 4 years.. Go to Birmingham