Dr. Toivo Rist MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Knoxville, TN

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2016
Quickly Diagnosed and treated my skin condition. Very down to earth, made me feel at ease.

March 24th, 2015
Dr. Tovio Rist will always be remembered and honored for his great knowledge and service as a Physician in the field of Dermatology, to the people of East Tennessee.
It is my opinion that Dr. Rist is the greatest Dermatologist ever! There isn't anyone that can fill his shoes when it comes to his knowledge, demeanor and all around great persona and his many years of serving people in this geographical area. So very kind and gentle. Dr. Tovio Rist is Knowledgeable, beyond anyones's belief or expectation in his area of medical practice. I began seeing him as a skin care physician prior to having my children and my son, who is my oldest child is almost 34 years of age. Dr. Rist has not only been my physician when it comes to matters of the skin, but also my husband and both of my children have seen him many times over the years. I took my elderly father to see him for a skin cancer which was on his nose but when he came in to see dad, he looked at me and said YOU have shingles and then pointed to dad and said YOU have a skin cancer on your nose! My dad was shocked since only two other people had even noticed this bump on his nose. But, Dr. Rist took such great care with my elderly father and the painless removal of that spot of skin cancer. During that same visit, my dad asked him about another issue that had bothered him for years, a cyst on his back that would fill up with fluid and create a painful bulge. Dr. Rist offered him two alternatives, and then looked to me for assistance since dad was already in his late 80's. Dad chose the very alternative that Dr. Rist really did not want to do at my dad's age and that was to have the cyst surgically removed in the office. However, dad did just fine and lived several more years that were pain free from that cyst. And, because Dr. Rist diagnosed me so quickly and treated me for shingles I was saved from most of the pain that many people have with shingles. I will always love and admire Dr. Rist for the way he treated each of my family members who benefitted from his care. Sadly, he is practicing very little if any at this time. He has certainly given enough of his time, but selfishly I want more! Thank you, Dr. Rist, for all that you have done for my family!

February 21st, 2017