Dr. Tom Porter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 11th, 2016
A winning team
Ill be honest it must have been a off day with packed patients but they knew I was in pain so I was scheduled in. I honestly believe Dr. Porter worth the wait. He listens and is empathetic but most important he is well educated and passionate about his craft I do not feel he takes the charge of my health lightly. He is followed by a shining staff that are courteous and strive to flank their leader.

May 26th, 2016
waste of precious time
My Family Doctor sent a referral for me to see Dr. Porter.I Laid in pain with no response from his office. I called my Doctor back and they sent another referral to him, days later still no response. After my family Dr. contacted his office, the receptionist called me and said she would call me by the end of the day with an appointment, It NEVER happened! I got a phone call a week later and had to listen to this woman tell me how she is the only person that does referrals and how hard her job was. Do your self a favor, if you value your health use another pain Doctor. I for one never even got to meet Dr. Porter because you can't get through his staff to get an appointment. I don't know if Dr. Porter is even aware of the incompetency of his staff but I know that he is losing patients because of them. My family Dr. I don't think will recommend him anymore since I was not the first complaint regarding his office that my Doctor received regarding his office. Do yourself a favor STAY CLEAR IF YOU WANT RELIEF!

April 20th, 2016
Dr. Porter will be quick to give you steroid injections. When those don't work, you can sit in his seedy office up to two hours waiting for a simple script.

December 29th, 2015
Great Doctor always listened to my concerns and took time to explain procedures thoroughly. Dr. Porter made my life much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend to anybody.

July 30th, 2015
2 hour Wait
My first appt I had to wait 2 hours to be seen. I had sent in my paperwork which was lost, so I brought it with me all filed out. I was told the wait was unusual because only one doctor was there and they were transitioning to a computer system. ok. Next appt was for an injection procedure which I was anxious about. My appt was at 9AM. I waited in my car laying down because of my pain while hubby waited inside. An hour later at 10AM..I get called in; the girl takes my vitals as a trainee looks on and she tells her what she is doing. Meanwhile, another girl drops a computer in the hall which is busy and crowded. A discussion ensues between the 2 girls involved with the computer dropping. I am then told to go back out and wait until they have a room. At 10:30AM I am totally disgusted and leave. It took 3 weeks to get this appt. Dr. Porter has the most incompetent and inefficient staff I have ever seen. It is a Keystone Comedy in that office. I should have known when my original paperwork disappeared...all 10 pages of it. I lost all confidence in letting Dr Porter put needles into my spine since he cannot run his office in a timely manner. Waiting over an hour is arrogant seeing as his patients are in pain. Either he is greedy, his staff incompetent or he needs to expand to accommodate the amount of patients that come there.

July 7th, 2015
This is a doctor who is in love with money and that is it! After being a patient of his for over 3 years and paying to see him every month he has failed as a doctor. Since day one he has had me on pain medication without warning me in the beginning that I would become physically addicted. I have never been addicted to anything in my life until now. The worst part about my situation is I am now 33 weeks pregnant and just so he isn't liable for any harm done to my baby he has pulled me off one of the hardest medication to come off of (methadone). I've been going through the most serious withdrawal symptoms ever! I call his office to ask for help and IF they answer they give me the run around. I have 3 little girls at home I have to take care of. My OB doctor advised me not to go off of the methadone because it is to dangerous during pregnancy. Porter told me that he didn't care about the opinion of my other doctors. I don't know what I can do. I'm stuck!

May 19th, 2015
patient
Dr. Porter is an amazing doctor who is very attentive to detail and individual care plans.

March 12th, 2015
He is great.

December 19th, 2014
Find a different doctor
You will not be able to get pain medications filled by this doctor!! They know this!

June 12th, 2014
Office staff terrible
I tried several attempts to make an appointment with Dr. Porter and never got a call back from the office staff. I will be filing a complaint with my PPO network.

October 3rd, 2013
GREAT DOCOTOR, IF ANYONE COMPLAINS ITS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH OR ALREADY HAVE THEIR MINDS MADE UP ON HOW THEY SHOULD BE DIAGNOSISED.
I have been a patient for years and Dr. Porter has always treated me with compassion and diagnosed me correctly. He has treated me for Low back pain that extends to both legs. (Nueropathy) I had previously had a St Jude stimulator put in from another doctor and found out from the internet because St. Jude will not annouce they provide bad equipment, that I needed a new generator and battery replacement. St Jude is know for faulty equipment but dont make the patient aware until they take$20,000 + from the patient. I asked Dr. Porter to find out what I should do because he is the one that called St Jude for a new reprogramming and they told Dr. Porter that I needed everything replaced. I ended up switching with Boston Scientific who are wonderful People. Dr. Porter does have a very long wait for most of his appointments but I see it as he takes him time with the honest patients that need his help. The patients that complain most in my opinion are the ones that have their mind set that current narcotics are the only things that will help them with their chroinic pain. If Dr. Porter prescribes them something they dont like they should deal with it and probably take his advise on the injections because they do wonders and he really knows what hes doing. He runs his office in a professional manner and he has a great staff to back him up. Sometimes the girls may be frustrated but look at that the kind of people they have to deal with everyday. I know I wouldn't want their jobs. All in all if you have pain you should see Dr. Porter with a referral from you pcp of course. Be prepared for a 2-3 month wait to get in because hes that good!!!!!!!!

July 24th, 2013
Stay away at all costs!!!
After I waited 2 and a half months for my appointment I was rushed by him. He didn't listen to anything I said to him. I told him I couldn't take certain medications because I have allergic reactions to them, he prescribed them anyway! He said I need injections, even after I told him I already them before I had my spine fused! He won't tell you what prescriptions he's putting you on, you don't know till the receptionist hands them to you. When I noticed the ones I can't take were what I got, I tried to tell her, she pointed to a sign that said ''once you leave the exam room you can not speak with the Dr or have him change your prescriptions''. When I explained to her, she rolled her eyes and said I have to wait for my next appointment. Which was 35 days away, not 28 or even 30!!! Stay away from him, you'll just regret it!!