Dr. Tom Thomas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 4th, 2015
As a new patient, I had never suffered from any orthopedic pain other than my knees. Dr. Thomas and his PA, Amanda Shanklin, carefully explained the process of total knee replacements. I opted to have both knees done the same day. The surgical result was spectacular. I was walking in one day, driving in six weeks, and golfing in two months. My hat is off to Dr. Thomas and Amanda Shanklin. Their technical expertise as well as caring follow up are off the table.

August 2nd, 2013
Simply, the best!
I had horrible calcifying tendinitis causing me horrendous pain in my left shoulder & had a previous surgery for the same condition on my right with another, highfalutin, Newport Beach surgeon which was unsuccessful. I had worked with Dr. Thomas in the operating room & he was extremely likable & congenial, as well as very skilled, so i chose him when I needed my 2nd shoulder surgery. He was extremely professional & even called me himself with the results of my MRI. The surgery went extremely well & due to unfortunate circumstances, I had to move a month following the procedure & even packed my home, had ZERO physical therapy & still healed perfectly! I told him my situation & he gave me home exercises to do. Normally, you need 3 minths of PT following a procedure like this. I consider myself very lucky to have insider knowledge pertaining to which surgeons to go to when disaster strikes! He will continue to be my 1st choice of shoulder surgeons. He spent a lot of time with me for pre-op & follow-up visits & did not pawn me off on his PA. I highly recommend him!!