A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Tomas Ayala:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Tomas Ayala, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ayala graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Ayala has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Harbor Hospital Center
- North Arundel Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ayala accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans