Dr. Tomas Delgado MD Patient Reviews

2.8

January 22nd, 2016
bb
2.5 ratings is to high for him.. I could understand a negative 2.5.. only thing good about his doctor office is the magazines. He is the worst doctor I ever seen.. He takes pay offs

January 21st, 2016
donp
Thomas Delgado gives all doctors a bad name. He is the rudest and most disrespectful person I ever met. I question his qualification , I guess workman comp pays him off well.if you get on a doctor please don't pick him.

April 10th, 2015
Injured Patient
I had a horrible accident at work. I have a CT/Myelogram and MRI all findings in my shoulder and back where clearly visible. He told me there was nothing wrong with me. I told him how much pain I was in and he threw my pictures down on the bed and told me to go find a doctor with a box of tricks that will fix me. Since being told that there is nothing wrong with me I started sending all my records to various doctors at USF Spinal Institute, Bonati Center, American Spine Institute, Laser Spine center and Florida Orthopedic center. Everyone of those doctors told me that my neck and back are in need of immediate surgery. I have had two Laminectomy done on my spine and lumbar. I still need to have a bone spur removed from my neck that is pinching a nerve and causing all kinds of problems. But there was nothing wrong with me. Never before have I ever been treated so rudely by someone who calls himself a professional. A disgrace to the profession. Sorry to be so harsh, but I am furious.

February 20th, 2014
I needed a herniated disk operation. Dr. Delgado scheduled the operation within just 1 week after seeing him. I was so relieved because I was in such pain. The surgery went great and I was back to work in 3 weeks. No problems since then. I have recommended Dr. Delgado to everyone since then.

December 6th, 2011
I had to wait over a month for my appt. Taking my films and cd of my back,to his office in Zephyrhills an hrs.drive from Tampa.After waiting 30 minutes I was told the Dr.couldn't see me.I became irate in telling his secretary I've waited over a month and am in excruciating pain.With that the Dr.came out saying, he was backed up and couldn't see me. I asked why didn't they at least call me so that I didn't have to drive all the way out there.No answer! I left totally disgusted, never going back.

October 17th, 2011
Patient
This guy makes his decision before he sees you. The insurance company gives this guy his answer before you step foot in his door. Nothing you can do because workers comp will send you to this guy but just know you are going to have to go get another opinion. Whatever tests you already have he will send you for another and then tell you the results show he cant help you. Unless you go in there with you head in your hand, he will say you are fine. Watch his bedside manner and you can see he is a liar because he will not look you in the eye cause he knows you are hurting but he will not help. Guys like this is why the govt wants to take over insurance. People with real issues get hosed over so he can get the easy insurance check and do nothing. So god bless and good luck when you get this guy cause his Hippocratic oath is different than a real doctor, his has the workers comp clause. "Dont help a person really sick and we will pay you to send them off to suffer."

December 20th, 2010
Dr doesn't care about patients if they're not having an expensive surgery
My primary care physician told me to go see a neuro-surgeon because my herniated disk wasn't getting better under their care. I went to see Dr Delgado. He walked, looked at the MRI i'd had done and said that I don't need surgery and starting walking out. I told him i'm not here to find out if surgery was needed, i'm looking for help at my family doctors request to rehabilitate it so I don't have to use pain meds. He said he'll write a letter to my physician telling them what to do and left. My physician never received any letter from him, and he did nothing to help. His office; however, was very quick to send me a bill for $250 for nothing.

April 26th, 2010
More concerned with payment than with patient
He is more interested in his bottom line than helping the patient, Tomas E. Delgado, M.D., P.A. of Tampa, FL. The Office Mgr cancelled our first appointment because have 2 insurance plans (BCBS PPO and Tricare Prime) but they do not participate in Tricare Prime. She said it was their policy not to see anyone who has 2 plans if 1 is not a plan they cover! We are willing and able to pay different and file on our on but Office Manager Jennifer said it was too much trouble for them.